TWL Season 18 ALL-Stars Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWL Season 18 ALL-Stars Info

With TWL just around the corner I would like to share what I've come up with to attempt to implement an All-Star game this season aswell as get some public feedback on when they would like to see it run. The requirements to compete in the varying leagues will be as follows.

TWLD/TWLJ

1. The position of captain of squad will be one of the Top 3 voted in from each conference.
    2. Must be on of the Top 10 players based on kda with a minimum required amount of gametime from each conference to be eligible for nomination. Given the season will run with 8 Teams Im considering 5 or 6 full games played minimum requirement here.
    3. Must be Voted in by the majority of the playerbase. Meaning I will conduct a public poll via the forums towards the end of the regular season to get our competitors looking at top 5 as the starters and 1-2 subs at most.
    4. Maximum of 3 players from 1 squad allowed. More than 3 can be nominated but only 3 can make it onto a team.

TWLB All-Stars I'm taking a slightly modified approach for picking based on their being more then 1 ship to consider.

1. Captains will be chosen from 1 of the 3 top spots from the Terrier, Shark and Spider pools of competitors.
    2. Terriers for each conference will be chosen based off top Flag possession time with starters voted by public.
    2. Sharks will be nominated by top RPD and Flag possession time voted by the public.
    3. Spiders will be nominated by KDA but special considerations will be given towards outstanding performance via playing "under" if KDA isnt that great again voted by the public.
    4. Maximum of 3 players from the same squad.
    5. Looking at a minimum again of 5-6 full games played.

All of these are subject to change based on public feedback. I'm also seeking public opinion on a good weekend to conduct such games. I'm Considering 2 good options but I'll let the public decide. The first is the weekend after the end of the regular season so it would occur before the playoffs. The second would be after all the Finals have been played which could allow for more accurate voting for players.
    1 Week after the Regular Season
    60.00%
    After Finals on a date To be determined
    40.00%

The poll is expired.

5:LF> no the worst texts ever are having to explain to your gf why "megaman89" is demanding that I be somewhere at 3PM on a sunday

5:fiS> you're lying, my mom doesnt even know how to poke

pinkSTAR has been released from the kitchen long enough to serve you ?go elame3 -Reckful
    1:Cig <er>> ROFL
    1:fiS> LOL
    1:MAGI KOZ> hey population just spiked in here</er>

Also before I completely forget I'm going to talk with web dev about having ribbons added to the TWD site to specifically honor seasonal All-Stars.
    5:LF> no the worst texts ever are having to explain to your gf why "megaman89" is demanding that I be somewhere at 3PM on a sunday

pinkSTAR has been released from the kitchen long enough to serve you ?go elame3 -Reckful

Comment

If there is a week reserved for replay games after regular season. Hold the All-Star matches on the same day. Otherwise, after the league.
      Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
      Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
      Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
      Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
      Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
      Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
      Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

That would be what the week after the regular season is Dream =p The issue there is it would hinder some accuracy as playoff performance is more important than regular season

Comment

gud work
          1:Cape> is infrared the thing that microwave does?
          Cape> i thought it was like u inferred
          1:Cape> yo when u look up at the night sky and see billions of night stars
          1:Cape> im like fuk it let this shit end

Tsunami> LOl
          beam> stfu tsunami
          Tsunami> yo this girl is dead up snoring
          beam> ur blacker than tarcoal
          Tsunami> should end her life while she sleeps

Comment

basing sharks off of rpd is stupid, rpd is over rated. figure something else out for that.or just add me cause we all know im best in zone
            1:Mattey> proof that god doesnt exist : animals can swim into your dickhole

TWLD Season 10 Champion - Syndicate

Comment

me > u. we even playing in the same zone?

Comment

sucks

Originally posted by zidane View Post
                me > u. we even playing in the same zone?

had to buy u in twlm as shark, couldnt afford myself and your so cheap.

Comment

yea not surprised ud buy me since im the best, wise choice

Comment

you're cute

Comment

How r u the best if Havok is the best? There can be only one
                      1:waven> u challenge
                      1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                      Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Cran, Zid, you both suck. Pretty sure the best shark in tw is bonghits.
                        JAMAL> laggy no skill nebwie
                        JuanJuan> you a fucking lagass cheater
                        mAZe Of tOrM> try more faggot
                        mAZe Of tOrM> u suck dick

Shadowmere> Nice lag you fagf

Comment

Originally posted by Cranium View Post
                          basing sharks off of rpd is stupid, rpd is over rated. figure something else out for that.or just add me cause we all know im best in zone
                          ^ this.

RPD has little meaning, unfortunately the majority of the population thinks otherwise.

It's one thing to use all your repels in trivial situations:

ie. going up tube, mid, upon clearing FR, etc

and using your repels wisely:

ie. Using all three reps over the course of the death timer, and not spamming 3 repels over 1.5 seconds.

Even sharks that are considered "good" by the league, don't use repels wisely, but use them all to achieve as close to a 3.0 RPD as possible.
                          1:Jerome> ON THE THIRD DAY GOD CREATED THE REMINGTON BOLT ACTION .33, AND SAW THAT IT WAS GOOD, AND ON THE FOURTH DAY HE USED IT TO KILL DINOSAURS AND HOMOSEXUALS

Juice

Comment

i see nobody read that part where flag time was gonna be considered on the sharks

Comment

Reck,
                              IMO RPD is the same as any other statistic; obviously is it a numeric generalization. ANY generalization can be criticized but that doesn’t mean it is worthless or meaningless.

RPD can also indicate if the shark is greening, one of the most under-rated aspects of sharking. It also indicates if the shark is cooperating with their shark partner ( a good shark will often die within reach of their shark partner so that they can get the green and get the extra rep). RPD often also reflects how well a shark is re-attaching and how well their terrier is positioning the team for de-attaching. For example any shark will see a RPD improvement when they play with a terrier like Brookus who was a master at dropping team properly.

But just like any statistic it can be misused. Consider team-kills, you can’t simply look at a high team-kill stat and jump to the conclusion that a shark sucked. Once you look closer it may be that they purposely team-killed their rep-less shark partner several times during the game. Or it may be that their team was owning it up in the game and they were going rouge in the main tube, generating extra team-kills that really didn’t affect the outcome of the game. I agree that just using RPD as a sole measurement of a sharks performance is a mistake, but we should be recommending addition metrics (such as you pointing out that flag time is also considered) to make the MVP more meaningful. Flag touches are out since the bug will screw this up but considering things such as greens would be an improvement. Another aspect that would be great would be to factor in the Captains opinion. THEY are in the best position to understand if their sharks have or have not done what they have been asked to do in a particular game/season.
                              eph

Comment

Working...
                              X