• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season 18: TWLD Official Predictions Week 7

TWLD Predictions for Week 7 - By: Exalt

Enemy vs Value

Possible Value Starters: Racka, Burnt, Delectable, Sirius, Ricko

Possible Enemy Starters: cranium, skatarius, JURASSIC, Kate Upton, Biet

This is an interesting match-up, not due to the fact that I think Enemy will beat Value through skill-level or anything else. I think it is interesting based on the fact that Value is clearly in a flux. Last week proved there was/is an internal struggle going on inside of that squad, and it seems like it's a huge mess. I don't know the full details, but what I do know is that ivf/Vys quit the squad/game, Racka doesn't really give a shit about Value so him showing up is always iffy at best (He really doesn't care for half the players, but he can't exactly leave now), Delectable's play isn't consistant from either him not being the player he used to be/not giving a shit/never being sober, and Ricko is about the only bright spot on the squad. Static Burn/Burnt can still do his thing, and if Sirius shows up as the player he used to be, then things could turn around, but I just don't know. Beyond that, War is a moron and he changes line-ups through some weird power-trip that makes little sense and doesn't really help the squad whatsoever. Despite all of those issues, do I truly believe Enemy has the skill to pull off a win? Not really. Do I think they'd win even if Value showed only 4 players and were all drunk? Not really. I still think Value will win this game based on skill alone, but if Enemy actually practiced in TWDDs instead of just caring about Javs, they'd be much better than they are. As it stands now, they are in the playoffs, and to me that is a joke. Too bad savanger dissolved so late, or maybe my squad LS would've had a chance to make it. Even if we win out, we would only have 2 wins, and that would just be a tie with a squad like Enemy (along with their 5 losses). Anyway, back to the point. Enemy simply doesn't have the skill level to beat Value no matter what the internal problems are within that squad. Yes, Value has a shit ton of issues, and for that reason alone, I don't think they have any shot whatosever at doing any damage in the playoffs. We aren't there yet though, and Enemy is not a WB squad, so I can't pick againt Value here even if I was their biggest fan and hugest homer (which I'm not). Therefore:

Winner: Value 50-35

Wolf vs Paladen

Possible Wolf Starters: Unabled, Paky Dude, Rasaq, Cres, swim

Possible Paladen Starters: FatRolls, Jessup, little buddhist, Ready for Anything, Sawyer

This is the kind of game that I can see Paladen actually winning. Wolf doesn't practice very much (if at all), and Paladen practices all the time. Sure, Wolf has better individual players, but Paladen is a much better team in terms of teamwork and things. Wolf has trouble with squads that play Paladen's style, and if Paladen actually showed up and played their A game, I could legit see them winning. I'm not sure if that will actually happen, but I said I would give an upset pick of the week, and this one is going to be it. I'd pick my own squad, but that would be biased homerism, and I don't think anyone truly thinks LS is better than Pandora. Therefore, I am picking the game that I truly do view as being upsettable, and this is the one. Due to that self-imposed rule of mine, I'm going with the underdog here, and I am going to say Paladen wins the match. I'm sorry Wolf, but I had to pick someone, and beyond that, Rasaq trashed me during my Hot or Not thread and he's a doucher. Douchers always have karma bite them in the ass, and I'm going to pick this Sunday for that day to happen! I also predict Rasaq to go negative.

Winner: Paladen 50-45

Pandora vs Lightning Strike

Possible Pandora Starters: Mythril, Ease, Best, Kyou, Weak. (this is their best line-up, but prob will add their less-skilled guys)

Possible Lightning Strike Starters: Exalt, bwp, Chuckle, Wicket666, Toronto, Vermillion Flame, Rushed (simply depends on who shows)

Okay so this is a gme where Lightning Strike has nothing to play for (just like last week, except we had our pride on the line there), while Pandora also has well... nothing to play for. I guess they could be playing for pride, but that's about it. They already locked their spot into the playoffs, and they already made it clear that they are the 2nd-best squad in this year's TWLD season. Lightning Strike cannot win no matter what happens, because even if we pulled the upset (and it would definitely be an upset), we still could not get into the playoffs with our 2-0 record, due to squads like Enemy/Paladen being 2-5, since absolutely everyone got a chance to play Juans (except Lightning Strike, of course). Too bad Savanger didn't dissolve a week sooner! If we had gotten our free win vs Juans as well, then we'd have something to actually play for. Due to this not happening, it is a let down. Too bad we can't take on Savanger's old record, even though it was garbage (1-4 I think). That extra win (which was against Juans, go figure) would've given us the ability to play for something. I truly do believe that if we had somehow beaten Pandora in this game, we would've deserved to be in that 6th spot (there shouldn't be 6th playoff spots anyways, but I didn't make up the rules) over some non-wb squad like Enemy. Alas, it was not to be.

As far as Pandora goes, I see them rolling along as they always do. I hope it becomes a good match though, and you never know! Flew got axed from Lightning Strike by Rushed however, so that does hurt our chances quite a bit, since we lost yet another TWLD calibur player. I guess for all the people who were upset that Flew got to play on multiple squads in TWLD don't have to worry anymore! He won't be getting into a 3rd. Anyways, I predict Pandora to win, simply through common sense, although I don't want them to win and I'd much rather predict against them. I'm trying to be as unbiased as I can be though, and due to that outlook, I am forced to be honest and pick:

Winner Pandora 50-42

Juans vs Fierce

Possible Juans Starters: Fiora, Nowyoudie, Risk, Roiwek, Skilder

Possible Fierce Starters: Apok, Skepsis, Deez Nuts, Lasenza, Welt, Dak

Well Ladies (or at least, all of you fake subspace ladies) and Gentleman, Fierce finally gets to get their free bye-week win vs Juans. It looks like they will go undefeated now. Juans is simply not TWLD calibur whatsoever, and I've seriously NEVER seen them play a single DD game. I don't know how they even got into TWLD, but that isn't my business. My business is to predict the winner of the match, and this is obviously a no-brainer. Juans has less of a chance at winning this game than Kyou has at losing his virginity. It simply isn't going to happen. I have nothing else to say about this game except to thank Juan for taking their beatings like men and not dissolving.

Winner: Fierce 50-22

Writer's Note: I couldn't find a Game of the Week at all this week, so I simply didn't put one in. If I wanted to be a dick, I suppose I could've made it Value vs Enemy, due to one squad having War pick the line-ups and the other being a Jav squad, but I didn't do that. Anyways, here you have it. This isn't much of an interesting week for TWLD, barring some very unlikely upsets. I'm hoping my squad does that vs Pandora, but I had to be honest and unbiased. Pandora has the better line-up by far, and LS isn't nearly as serious a squad as they are. Anyways, see you for the Hot or Not section, and then on to the playoffs we go!
    RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
    RaCka> mad impressive

I should probably change the Paladen win prediction. Ready for Anything gave me some GREAT quotes that I will use for HoN this weekend, poor guy won't know what hit him, but let's just say this:

Ready for > if u had a ounce of sense you would know we lost vs u on purpose..............

Ready for > why would we wanna win vs u guys, so we can vs value in playoffs?

Ready for > we want enemy to be above us we we can vs wolf and not value

Ready for > lol all i was pointing out is if it was worth beating lightning strike...we would of

Wolf, u gonna take this from Ready for Anything, whoever this guy is? I have a whole log of quotes from the dbag, but the point is, Paladen is apparently throwing games on purpose now.

Too bad TWL Staff won't give us Savanger's record so we can have a chance to knock Paladen out of playoffs. As it stands now, all games are meaningless. TWL staff get this, right? Juans will go 0-10 so that's a free win for everyone, and Savanger was so bad that the only squad they could beat was Juans. This gave everyone 2 wins automatically. Besides that, there are only 8 squads in TWL, and you decided to let 6 squads make the playoffs. Due to Juans being horrible with their 0-10, and Lightning Strike only having 2 games we can play, we can only go 2-0, which isn't enough to beat out anyone, even squads like Enemy or Paladen that will go 2-5.

That sucks if you ask me. So basically, as long as a squad didn't dissolve, they got into playoffs no matter what. What a mockery of TWL.
    RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

I will have to agree with you on this..6/8 making playoffs is really a stretch, especially with the lack of true competition in twld. To be honest with you, I'd rather have lightning strike in twl playoffs because they are a more talented team in comparison to Paladen/Juans (no offense). The only thing reminds me of is like the Eastern Conference of the NBA. Someone has to make it..no matter how bad they may be overall.. either way, however it boils down, I believe you should receive Savanger's record. If you want twl to last and be meaningful, adapt policies to reward good teams and not let people manipulate the system just to slide by. Either way nice write up once again Exalt. I appreciate all the hard work and time you're putting into the league.
      help: (Violence) (twjd): dice hacking the serve every1 on thundir lag out and noone on dice lagout @ same junctire
      help: (Violence) (twjd): main suspicts in this act of terrorism is mr weak cuz shis the only pikistini online 4 dice @ this instint

Comment

Scheduling was terrible this season. The two best squads in each league are always supposed to be scheduled to play each other in the last week of the regular season to determine who's going into the playoffs with momentum and the first seed. We're the defending champs and we played most of our big games in LD/LJ early on in the season. Our regular season finales are against Lightning Strike and Dudgeon in LJ. Doesn't make much sense.
        PattheBat> steadman your name is literally "a mean std"
        ogron> CM,OPN NMKAN

Comment

Myth - I think the scheduling is done through an automated bot, and as it stands the TWLJ schedule has set up nicely with fierce and value fighting for the #1 seed. Admittedly it hasn't been the best....but at the same time this is due more to our situation of not having enough competitive squads going right now.

Exalt - can you please send me the log or collection of quotes from Ready for Anything, I would also quite like to speak to the Paladen captains about this match fixing/throwing and if it' actually got some substance behind it or just Ready For Anything running his mouth. It's a shame Lightning Strike didn't form up earlier as you do have some potential talent there.

Also your statement about Wolf never practicing is very inaccurate - check their 'recent games' they play a lot. Also as an update the rematch between Value and Wolf is no longer happening and the Wolf captains have conceded to giving Value the initial victory as Riverside is unable to play until the 23rd March which is far too late for the rematch. (From a Value players perspective and not a TWL ops, the fact that River hasn't played or turned up to a single round of TWL or played a single round of TWD since week 4 shows he isn't exactly a vital part to Wolf's TWL season, I mean he has only played 5 ROUNDS of dd since joining).

As for Value's lineup - I think we can quite easily save our season, I believe Racka will show up....we're all in agreement that we're probably in a better position now without Vys than we were with him as his play style combined with Burnt's was more detrimental than beneficial. Also Delectable has almost no interest in playing.

I see our lineup as: Burnt, B4serman, Racka, Ricko, Guero Subs: Jack, Sirius
          TWL-J Season 11 Champion
          TWL-J Season 21 Champion
          TWL-B Season 21 Champion
          TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
          TWDT-D 2017 Champion
          TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt View Post
            Wolf vs Paladen

Possible Wolf Starters: Unabled, Paky Dude, Rasaq, Cres, swim

Possible Paladen Starters: FatRolls, Jessup, little buddhist, Ready for Anything, Sawyer

This is the kind of game that I can see Paladen actually winning. Wolf doesn't practice very much (if at all), and Paladen practices all the time. Sure, Wolf has better individual players, but Paladen is a much better team in terms of teamwork and things. Wolf has trouble with squads that play Paladen's style, and if Paladen actually showed up and played their A game, I could legit see them winning. I'm not sure if that will actually happen, but I said I would give an upset pick of the week, and this one is going to be it. I'd pick my own squad, but that would be biased homerism, and I don't think anyone truly thinks LS is better than Pandora. Therefore, I am picking the game that I truly do view as being upsettable, and this is the one. Due to that self-imposed rule of mine, I'm going with the underdog here, and I am going to say Paladen wins the match. I'm sorry Wolf, but I had to pick someone, and beyond that, Rasaq trashed me during my Hot or Not thread and he's a doucher. Douchers always have karma bite them in the ass, and I'm going to pick this Sunday for that day to happen! I also predict Rasaq to go negative.

Winner: Paladen 50-45
            good one!
            GOD DAMMIT NAPPA

Comment

Working...
            X