TWLB Season 18 Overview of Regular Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWLB Season 18 Overview of Regular Season

Figured i'd try and add in and be useful for once. Here's my little review of the season that has happened, and my predictions of how the playoffs will play out.

Let's start off with Warhable 1-7 (8th spot) so we can go from 8th spot to 1st spot. They ended up going 1-6, but considering how many new players they had coming into TWL, it's quite impressive how well they played. They showed GREAT improvement. One of the sentimental squads in TWL this year, simply because it's nice to see that a squad new to TWL can come together and compete. They had a few rough games, but when playing against squads such as Dice, Enemy, Pandora... it's very difficult to get something going when youre still learning as a squad. The most memorable game of this season for them was vs Dudgeon. A game that ended up being very close, with everyone thinking Dudgeons depth could come back and win... but warhable kept the truck rolling on, lead by choi. That was one of my favorite and most surprising upsets of the season. Another great game to watch by this squad was the Fierce game. They nearly eaked out a win, but Fierce came together near the end. All in all, i'd say a successful season for Warhable. In the coming TWL seasons, i'd expect them to become a stronger force and for the group to only get better as they play a bazillion twbd matches ).

Fierce 2-5 (7th spot)
    Not much really to say about Fierce other than disappointment- They were a squad that could have competed with the higher tier squads on paper, but when it came to game time... either lagouts or people not showing really hindered their ability to play. It's a bit of a pity. Their main interest is not in basing, but they could have definitely made more of an impact than they did this season. The most memorable games for them was the first week against Revenge. With Revenge showing up thinking they would man-handle Fierce after the pre-season shutout, Fierce started the season off very strong. They ended up being the ones who came back and man-handled Revenge. Revenge should have made the changes to try and change the outcome of the game, but with the cocky attitude they were quickly humbled by a strong shark pair of Liz and LF. This was how Fierce should have played their season out, by throwing down upsets; instead they couldn't continue the momentum gained from the win versus Revenge to carry on in the following weeks. As said before, the Warhable vs Feirce game was another one to enjoy. Fierce showing their depth can win games, yet again. Unfortunately again with their starters (Diakka, Mythrandir) showing up for the final week of a live or die moment for the playoffs, Fierce buckled under the pressure and played an atrocious game. We won't talk about it, cause it was that bad to watch. Kudos to Fierce for the good games they played, just a pity they could not keep their momentum after good wins.

Dudgeon 2-5 (6th spot)
    With Dudgeon showing several week games where they could have easily won (Such as against Warhable) they ended up clinching a playoff spot with a VERY strong performance against Fierce in the last game. Here I was thinking Revenge handled Warhable fairly easily, and then watching that game... wooo-boy, does Dudgeon have something to prove going into the playoffs. With a core that has played together for several seasons, they are a favourite to pull off an upset against enemy in the quarter finals of the playoffs. They had moments of unusually sub-par play, such as in the games against Pandora and Revenge. After taking Revenge to 15-14 last season in a great game, they were unable to get that chemistry going to win any games against the top teir squads. It doesn't matter though, because coming into playoffs, they showed they are ready to make a point that they are well within the right to compete for the TWLB championship.

Revenge 2-5 (5th spot)
    Revenge has played a sub par season. They gave up several games where they should have won because of top players not showing. That was a consistent story in several games (Fierce, Value). With a record that doesn't really reflect how well they have come together near the end of the season, such as the squad Dudgeon.. they are starting to roll as they go into playoffs. Revenge was quickly humbled the first week by Fierce whom showed a stronger line. Bouncing back the next week against Dudgeon they showed they were able to take control and compete in TWL. After winning a good game against Dudgeon, Revenge could not carry momentum into the following week against Value. Underestimating the squad Value, Revenge was destroyed inside and out by them. They were at a loss of what to do without Menelvagor in shark (whom fell asleep on his couch after smoking dope. Thanks menel). This was the game where I think everyone realized that Value really can take it to a squad when they want too. After giving up two must-wins (Fierce/Value) revenge was worried about missing the playoffs. Due to some lucky breaks (Warhable beating Dudgeon, Dudgeon raping Fierce) Revenge ended up in a good position to start the playoffs, and end up seeking revenge against Value for the regular season massacre that was inflicted upon them. The most memorable game that was played by Revenge this season was against Enemy. Revenge controlled the game for the most part, even when Cranium was subbed in. The lead was kept throughout until Enemy won a solid flagroom battle, and Enemy's depth took control in the end. They held a cram to get back the deficit they had all game, and with a game 14-14 and a flagroom battle ensuing, Hydride made a rookie mistake and ported onto flag without any backup, costing his team the game that could have been a great upset. In my eyes, this was the game of the season- or damn close to it.

Value 3-4 (4th spot)
    Value showed some very strong games. They tore about a menelvagorless Revenge line, and handled a Feirce line well, also putting up decent time against favorite Pandora. Value has had it's ups and downs (A loss vs Dudgeon and rape/pillage against Dice). They are a squad that is unpredictable if they will play a solid or subpar game. But when they play, they play very well. Going into playoffs against Revenge in the first round, it will be a very good matchup and rematch of the regular season game. With value wanting to prove they're a competitive TWLB squad, and Revenge wanting to attempt to get back to the finals again this year, it will be interesting to see how it plays out. Unfortunately, I suspect that the dice game had broken a few spirits in Value (renzi, sorry LOL). So, we shall see how it plays out. It will either be a very good game to watch, or a blowout either on Revenge or values end.

Enemy 6-1 (3rd spot)
    Enemy was my favorite to win TWLB going into the season, but as it has played out... I am not too sure now. With Cintra not able to make every game, he's a huge miss in the Enemy line. (Have you seen his Avg k:d? Ridiculous). They have clearly dominated this season, by showing Dice in the second week who was boss, and also having their depth squeek out a win against Revenge. They have played lines which was in the best interest of Cranium in TWLM (I suspect that's the case LOL, with his subs). But the game that had I think brought Enemy to reality was their final game against Pandora. The only loss of the season, i'd say it's their most memorable by how rusty they looked. They couldn't get any momentum going. Hopefully it's just a hiccough and going into the playoffs against a very recently strong Dudgeon squad, they're able to regain the dominance they've had throughout the rest of the season. I think Dudgeon will definitely give them a great challenge. We shall see if Enemy can come together after a disappointing loss in week 7, or if they will crumble to a tidle wave riding Dudgeon.

Pandora (2nd spot)
    Pandora is a squad that I would have to say is the favourite to win TWLB. I say this because they haven't really played their top line much. When do you ever see Cape play a full game? The fact they beat Enemy with Vatican Assassin in terrier says it all. They have a very good depth squad, and they're hungry to defend their TWLB title. I didn't think Pandora had the depth with Shayde leaving prior to TWL, but Mattey and Zidane are a force to reckon with. I'd say with them having the best shark duo in TWL, unless you have another two top tier sharks, squads will have a tough time winning against them. I can't really say I have a memorable game for Pandora, cause they've just dominated every game except the game in week 6 against Dice... and even then they had kind of a joke line in. (Still didnt get why cape didnt go in, but they probably just didn't care). The fact they can win games with a top shark in terr is pretty impressive. My favourite to win TWLB.

Dice (1st spot)
    Well, I can't say much that hasn't ever been said about Dice. It's Dice. With megaman89 leading the charge in jav in several games, and them playing with different combos in shark (based on whos there) dice has competed very well as they always have in the history of the squad. One of the best TWL squads ever (Probably the best), they're another favourite to win TWLB. I didn't see the game they lost against Enemy so I can't say much. Regardless, there isnt a whole lot to say. We all know the depth and skill of every player on Dice. I'll admit, the only thing I like about Dice is the fact they terr'd Zizu over Pressure. I'm still bitter I sat over thix last season. Thanks for this, Dice. LOL.

Playoffs- Prediction of how it shall end up

Well, let's start with quarter finals.

revenge vs value (5th seed vs 4th seed)
    This is a hit or miss of if it will be a good or bad game. This depends if Revenge shows their top line again for the 3rd week in a row and if Value will rebound after a slaughter by Dice. My prediction is Revenge will take advantage of Value's slumping players.
    Final Score: Revenge 15:00 - 11:00 Value

enemy vs dudgeon (3rd seed vs 6th seed)
    Dudgeon showed one hell of a game in the last week. Enemy showed the exact opposite. Its everyones guess what will happen, but Enemy has too many experienced players to not bounce back. This will be the game to watch out of the two happening. I think even though Dudgeon will give Enemy a run for their money, an uspet is unlikely. It could very much happen. We saw Revenge almost pull it off in the regular season.
    Final Score: Enemy 15:00 - 14:32 Dudgeon

now, prediction for semi-finals.
    Revenge vs Dice (5th seed vs 1st seed)
    It's possible Revenge can pull off an upset. They showed they can put up time and control the battle in the flagroom earlier this season against Dice, but dice just has far too much depth. Like dudgeon vs enemy, an upset can happen but it's unlikely. The only thing Revenge can hope for is they get their top line gelling together, and Glavitik comes out of retirement for us to throw a smackdown on Dice. We shall see what happens.
    Final Score: Dice 15:00 13:00 Revenge

Enemy vs Pandora (3rd seed vs 2nd seed)
    Well, this will be a highly anticipated game. Depending if Cintra shows up or not, and is on his game, this will be very close. With Enemy and Pandora sharing some of the best shark combos and under spiders, we shall see if the terrs can at all sway the game in the interest of their team. I'll assume Pandora plays cape, and mr clutch will probably help his team to win. Sorry, Enemy, but I just don't think you can vs Cape, Mattey, Zidane and the very experienced spiders on Pandora. M_M god could help lead his team to a fantastic win, but I doubt it.

Final Score: Pandora 15:00 14:00 Enemy

Finally, this is my prediction of the twlb championship.
    Pandora vs Dice (2nd seed vs 1st seed)

This will be one helluva 3 game series to watch. Yes. I predict it to go all 3 games. I won't even comment on the skill of each squads players. I've been redundant enough in this thread already. But, i'm sure everyone will agree I look forward to watching this.

Final Score: Pandora winning TWLB Championship 2 games to 1. All 3 games will have the losing team within 2-5 minutes of 20:00).

Hope you guys enjoy. If you want to add something, go ahead. )
    1:Hydride> who we play next week
    1:ReNdErED> Pandora
    1:ReNdErED> gulp
    1:ReNdErED> if i see Ease im shiftin across map

1:Hydride> best feeling EVER
    1:Hydride> its like if you get sacked and when the pain goes away feeling x 999999999999999999999999
    1:cranium> uve obviously never fucked a plastic bag filled with jelly inbetween the couch cushions
    1:menelvagor> ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFL
    1:cranium> talk about a feeling

Thanks, I had started one of these but was not close to finishing it. Good read.

Just wanted to mention the stark contrast between my TWL all time record setting RPD 4.0 performance (for shark that played entire game) this year in Week 3 and Cran’s record setting 1.2 RPD in Week 6. This puts to bed any question as to who is the better shark.
    eph

(I am joking. We don't need any lectures on the meaninglessness of RPD or how badly I suck. I am kidding. Just messing with Cran. You can let it go. )

Comment

am dis phoenix, rising better and stronger. unfortunately (well probably fortunately for value) i probably wont be able to make our game vs revenge because ill be out of town D: so i wont be able to rape u irl hydride.
      J-B-Inc> i ddi that duel while doing coke of pawner moms ass

8:Riverside> UPDATE FOR WEEK 1:
      8:Riverside> I go 4-60 and we lose 0-6

2:saiyan> [Dec 22 21:22] Rough: yo just came on to tell you, can you go on a real date with a girl (need to be specific here lol) instead of talking to claus on forums about calcs and formulas for a league? Happy holidays btw

Comment

good post 10/10
        3:Tsunami> under all you really have to do is fine tune that fiddle and stroke the strings harder than you ever have before

RaCka> i could've brought my subspace butthole catalogue

Comment

Great post G
          1:RaCka> i cant concentrate at all during class i think i have 80HD
          1:RaCka> boy this dd is worst then the hall of cost ran by hitler

1:paradise> yo i spent 4 years in school working my ass off. lost friends cuz i went so hard. i lost weight. can a ***** at least get a blowjob?
          1:paradise> yo i spent 4 years alone studying..i mean can a nigga at least get a hug goodbye
          1:paradise> alie and then jerk to the hug
          1:paradise> the memory of the hug later that night
          1:paradise> alie?

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty View Post
            Great post G
            just 4 this am willing to jav u in twlb game and risk us being forfeited.
            LOL.
            1:Hydride> who we play next week
            1:ReNdErED> Pandora
            1:ReNdErED> gulp
            1:ReNdErED> if i see Ease im shiftin across map

1:Hydride> best feeling EVER
            1:Hydride> its like if you get sacked and when the pain goes away feeling x 999999999999999999999999
            1:cranium> uve obviously never fucked a plastic bag filled with jelly inbetween the couch cushions
            1:menelvagor> ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFL
            1:cranium> talk about a feeling

Comment

Working...
            X