Top Players Statistically 2014 (TWLB)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Players Statistically 2014 (TWLB)

Statistics of TWL 18's regular season. Last year I included terrs and sharks, but I wasn't happy with the correlation between performance and the stats in those ships, so I've excluded them this year.

Obviously, stats don't tell the whole story - there's no metric for shooting through the holes in coffin while cramming or chasing down an enemy spider in the mid while breaking - so please don't spam my inbox, thanks!

The stats are pulled from the TWL website. The "Rating" category is an excel formula that is heavily weighted around the "Kills Per 30 Minutes" column. I think it's the strongest metric available, as it doesn't punish you for blowing out other teams (whereas Kills divided by Games Played would), gives a pretty good idea of how efficient the spider is at killing, and doesn't punish hard pushers for low KDA.

Additional weights to the "Rating" include Teks, % of kills that are Spiders, Games Played (for confidence in your KP30M), and KDA.

These are all lightly weighted. I don't think KDA is a particularly valuable stat, as it punishes extremely pushy spids like Hellkite or Ease. KP30M is a much better stat for evaluating their contributions. Teks is somewhat finicky. For example, Kate Upton has 9 Teks, but 6 of them are from one game vs. Warhable. Moreover, you can put 2-3 shots into a terr and someone else gets the final hit and takes credit.

I've also given some weight to the percentage of spiders killed, but not too much. Spezza, for example, has a ridiculous 68% of his kills are spiders, which I think should be more valued than Minotar's 44%, which is pretty low.

That said, Mcvicar's 50% is especially low for an underspider, but I know that's because he dominated under all year which led to a ton of cram time which in turn led to him killing a lot of sharks. He also has the 3rd most Teks in the league. So I don't want to weight %Spider heavily and punish success and cram time, but I do want to reward high %, so it is weighted.

The heavy weighting of KPM is a bit of a detriment to underspids, even with some weighting for KDA, Teks, and %Spider which all benefit them. You can see Spezza going from under in 2013 to over in 2014 boosted his rating by 7 points and his KP30M by about 14.

That said, Acidbomber was a monster under last year and would have ranked 5th this year in Rating, despite being under all year. His spidering has really fallen off this year, and you can see the huge drop from 86 Rating last year to 68 this year. His KP30M went from 91 to 75, meaning he's way less effective and the light weighting of KDA means his 2.02 can't mask the drop in output, while losing even more Rating going from 11 Teks to 2.

Due to that handicap I've added a "U" tag in blue to everyone I'm aware of that was an Underspid this year so you can compare them separately from the Overspids if you want.

These could all be weighted differently to produce different ratings, I tried to find the best balance for one list. Nevertheless, everything except the "Rating" category are raw statistics and not the result of a subjective formula.

I also lightened the weight on Games Played and lowered the threshold to make the list from 1 hour to 45 minutes to include as many people as possible. You could make an argument that this is too low, but I found KPM to be more or less consistent from 2013 to 2014 whether the spider had played 2 games or 7.

Really the only thing you need to know is that JammyJames is a beast.

top 100 basers list

This is how you find out who the all-stars are. I hope Hydride signed up for tw council because this goes a lot father than the essays of bs I see here from other candidates.

Comment

awesome stuff +1 claus
      1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

For the TWLD voting I used google docs and had every player on the left, the squads they played on the top, and their record in the appropriate slots. Had the squads they faced in a specific color depending on the difficulty as easy, equal competition, or hard. I also made notes for certain people who played Savanger 5v4. Same thing with NowYouDie who played Savanger 4v5 and put up a good show. If there were blowouts that played a factor into my voting. For example, I'll use myself, I played tough competition in Pandora and Fierce and recorded a 10-10 and 11-10 with none of my teammates going any higher than 5-10 in both games, that would have played a huge factor into my voting.

I forgot to save it so that's why I never bothered updating my votes for the week 7 games. Didn't want to go through that shit all over again.

Comment

Nice post Ogron. I posted an idea in TWLD all stars.. just about how I thought it would be nice to make teams from every squad that made twl. Each squad could have their top player(s) participate. That being said there is some merit also to playing an over all top stat game too. The stat base of you are showing here is good. I personally always found the notion of all stars games as a fun match for everyone to enjoy after the pressures of a long hard twl season. Maybe play 2 matches? Have one "All Stars TWL Squad Match "where teams are made with representatives of each squad and then have the "All Stars Top Stat Match". Either way the method you are using of getting the stats is right on. Number of games played should be factored in too of course along with other little things. Stats should be like 80% of it though. Nice stats though people lol
          TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
          TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
          TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
          TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
          TSLD CHAMPION 2018
          TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Should be number 2 in teks behind Kate.... In shark...
            1:Mattey> proof that god doesnt exist : animals can swim into your dickhole

TWLD Season 10 Champion - Syndicate

Comment

Good statistical analysis.
              1:waven> u challenge
              1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
              Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

ty 4 dis as usual claus.

Comment

Originally posted by Vatican Assassin View Post
                  This is how you find out who the all-stars are. I hope Hydride signed up for tw council because this goes a lot father than the essays of bs I see here from other candidates.
                  Lol.. dont you mean ogron? Or did that go way over my head...

Awesome job also, claus. Very in depth and awesome! Kind of wish there was a terr and shark rating, but I can see youve already put a bit of work into this. Always enjoy seeing your opinion gj
                  1:Hydride> who we play next week
                  1:ReNdErED> Pandora
                  1:ReNdErED> gulp
                  1:ReNdErED> if i see Ease im shiftin across map

1:Hydride> best feeling EVER
                  1:Hydride> its like if you get sacked and when the pain goes away feeling x 999999999999999999999999
                  1:cranium> uve obviously never fucked a plastic bag filled with jelly inbetween the couch cushions
                  1:menelvagor> ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFL
                  1:cranium> talk about a feeling

Comment

thats pretty neat

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Working...
                    X