Power Rankings for S19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Rankings for S19

#1 DUDGEON – a mix of skill, lag and experience, this stacked powerhouse team is one of the favorites to win basing and javelin, but falls short when it comes to their third league. Dudgeon doesn't rely on Mega showing up to games, but he will be a tremendous help for Dudgeon in all three leagues if he starts contributing to the squad efforts.

TWLB (#1): Mikkiz Omega Red / Commodo Stayon Jamal Nokkonen Mega Imprudent

.. and a lot of other quality players in the bench in case someone doesn't show up or is simply underperforming. Dudgeon has arguably the strongest spider lineup this season, or at least up to par with Thunder, and will enter this season as one of the big favorites with Mikkiz leading the charge. Dudgeon might not have the most famous sharking pair, but I have no doubt that they are up for the challenge.

TWLJ (#1): Dreamwin Maketso Stayon Mega Rough

In a league where at least five teams have a relatively good chance to win, I would rank Dudgeon as the slight favorite over squads like Thunder, Sweet, Juans, and Royal. This is due to the fact that they have a solid starting lineup with good substitutes and bench players, such as Commodo. Dudgeon has a diverse variety of playing styles, and all of their players are capable of stepping up and carrying their team.

TWLD (#7): Jamal Mega Imprudent Lee Rough

.. however, their strengths do not come without a weakness. Dudgeon doesn't have the roster depth to seriously compete in the warbird league, and I would honestly be surprised if they made it to the playoffs.

#2 THUNDER – realistically speaking, Thunder is the only squad with a decent shot at triple crowning this year, however this time they will have to actually work for those medals after losing a couple of key players.

TWLB (#2): Cintra Mattey / Zidane Ease Diakka Hulk McVicar Undercut

Thunder would be the favorite, although only by a slight margin, if the activity of their main terrier wasn't a problem. They have an equally skilled spider lineup as Dudgeon, and with one of the well-renowed sharking duos backing them up, they will be a tough nut to crack this season. Their achilles' heel is their confidence; it is not uncommon to see Thunder throw already won games as they would rather argue with their team mates than focus on the game. However, if their lineup start playing in perfect harmony, which is very unlikely, Thunder will become the team to beat.

TWLJ (#4): Ease Zidane Tiny Amnesti Fram

.. this lineup is pale in comparison to the previous season lineups from Thunder, but thankfully it works in the leagues favor as now we do not have a clear favorite this season, and given the circumstances, almost any team has the potential to win this league. Thunder is simply lacking in javelin depth to be on top of this chart, and if their relatively new acquisitions do not perform, Thunder will be in trouble.

TWLD (#2): Ease Mythril RacKa Beam Delectable

While this is not a bad lineup, I can't see it capable of defeating Fierce unless the stars suddenly aligned. Thunder lineup has the confidence of a rooster, but unfortunately its paired with the temper of a bull seeing red, thus are prone to choking even the biggest of leads. They have a decent variety of substitutes and starter candidates, but it is unlikely that they will be able to challenge the reigning champions Fierce.

#3 ROYAL – their lineup is almost identical to what Dice had for years, although some of their key players have left for Dudgeon. They are still a solid contender in all three leagues, and have the potential to win at least two leagues if their lineups play at the best of their abilities.

TWLB (#3): Cape Dwopple / Vatican Assassin Cripple Sphinx Zhou Wbm Caos

It is hard to accurately rank their lineup; if Cape shows and is on top of his game, they can beat anyone, but without him around they might not have a good enough of a lineup to be a major contender. Royal has the most sharks of all teams, a grand total of four, but are still slightly lacking in spider power. You can expect great things from them if they play their cards right, but if they want to win this season everyone has to step up and do their part.

TWLJ (#2): Aprix Spawnisen EvilDeed FieryFire Mighty

This was a coin toss between Dudgeon and Royal, but ultimately it came down to Dudgeon having slightly better players on the bench as replacements. They shouldn't have any troubles getting to the playoffs, and enters this season as one of the favorites.

TWLD (#5): Caos, Cripple, SwimKid, Iron Survivor, Geio

.. and I thought TWLD had absolutely no competition this year. It seems that there is going to be a heated battle for the final playoff seed, and Royal could very well triumph over Cobra and Sweet with their warbird lineup.

#4 SWEET – missing the depth to be a top contender in all leagues, but can still prove to be the dark horse of some league and has the potential to beat almost everyone given the right circumstances.

TWLB (#5): TiduZ Nimp / Turban Infrared Katc Reckful Megalo Steadman

Sweet has a decent shot to make it to the TWLB Playoffs, but they are still lacking in both spiders and terrier to compete on a top level. Their biggest strength, and weakness, might be their explosive sharking pair who love to make plays with bombs and mines; however, sharks like these tend to often neglect their own team to make plays - high risk, low reward.

TWLJ (#3): Evasive Steadman Turban Infrared Paradise

Sweet has a solid lineup, however activity remains to be an issue with Infrared being unable to show on most weekends. They have Zazerick and TiduZ on the bench as alternative starters, but it will be a mystery to see how well they will perform in high pressure situations.

TWLD (#4): Cres Riverside Solemn Eric Clapton Jones

Champions of Season 15 return with an almost identical lineup with decent players on the bench. It is honestly hard to pick the right lineup, but Sweet should have the quality to make it far in the season if everything falls into place. I will likely play and test my skills against the very best players, but the moment we have no certain starters.

#5 COBRA – one of the top four warbird teams, but has suffered some losses in their basing and javelin lines due to Sweet blatantly stealing their players – or so they claim, at least. I would still consider them to be a strong team and a likely playoff team in TWLD.

TWLB (#6): Wax Knockers / BongHits Jerome Ricko Vys Siva Ardour

Cobra has the potential to be great in TWLB, but they have one problem: depth in fighter ships. It is likely that their line wull get overwhelmed by the stronget squads, and if they do not field their best lineup, it might be a mess.

TWLJ (#6): Wax Shadowmere Vys Mean Gene Ardour

Solid snake .. oh nvm that was going to be bad. Cobra has a good lineup and decent players on the bench, but might lack the quality to make it to the playoffs.

TWLD (#3): Ricko Raazi Best Kyou Casket

Their lineup might even be better than Thunders' as they have still solid players, such as Ardour, Vys and Kentaro, waiting for their chance to shine. If they play in perfect sync, Cobra could even challenge Fierce and possibly defeat them in their own game.

#6 FIERCE – the reigning champions return with almost the same lineup and will surely be the team to beat if one wants to win TWLD this year. They are going to strugglein TWLJ, however, as their roster mostly consists of warbirds that have yet to master the javelin.

TWLJ (#7): 24 Apok Euforia Havok Last Standing

Looking at their lineup, it's actually pretty damn impressive, but they simply do not have anyone else aside from these five, and if one of them do not show up .. well, good luck against the top tier teams. They have a good chance of making it to the playoffs TWLJ is real close this year.

TWLD (#1): Apok Skepsis Deez Nuts LasenZa Last Standing

The reigning champions return with the exact same lineup; it will remain a mystery who will get the chance to shine this time, last year it was Welt, and perhaps this year it will be someone else. Nevertheless, Fierce is THE squad to defeat if you want to win the title this year.

#7 ENEMY – mostly a basing team with decent warbirds, but will not be able to do much in javelin league unless they get some sick recruits.

TWLB (#4): Zizu Cranium / Menelvagor Kate Upton Noobius Renzi Davy Henry Saari

Good lineup, but it relies on Zizu pulling a miracle out of his hat to beat Thunder and Dudgeon in the playoffs. Their sharks have played together for a long time, and with the rise of new spiders, Enemy has one of the stronger spider lineups this league has to offer.

TWLJ (#8): Revered Noobius Cranium Zizu M_M God

.. as much as I like their squad roster, they are clearly lacking in TWLJ and TWLD. they are going to every TWLJ game as an underdog and are likely to finish dead last in the regular season even with that lineup.

TWLD (#9): Noobius Autopilot Cranium Bombed Kate Upton

This lineup has the potential to be something great, but its going to require a lot of hard work to get to that point. If Enemy is capable of refining their recent acquisitions from Extreme Games, and actually turn them into fine players, they could be able to get a couple of upset wins.

#8 LEGO – they are the dark horse of basing, wit the potential to get upset wins against favored teams and potentially ruining their dreams of making it to the playoffs. Try not to underestimate their lineup as most of their players have the experience to perform well.

TWLB (#7): Hydride Ephemeral / Rodney Hazuki Producer Jatt Fire Phoenix NL>Trigger

It's not a great lineup, but it's not that bad either when you think about it. LEGO is looking to take the basing world by surprise, and with the experienced Ephemeral leading the charge and Fire Phoenix returning from the ashes, anything is possible for this squad when it comes to basing.

TWLD (#10): Fire Phoenix BWP Wiibimbo Wildbird Jammu

Most of their so-called warbirds are actually purebred basers, and its likely that they only wanted to make it to TWLD for the additional TWL roster spots. I would not be surprised to see them on the bottom after the regular season ends, but perhaps I will be proven wrong .. wouldn't be the first time.

JUANS – mostly consisting of finnish players, this javelin only squad will prove to be a menace for most squads due to their lag advantage and years of comradery. I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the playoffs this year as they have decent depth to get through even the harder weeks.

TWLJ (#4): Roiwerk Nowyoudie Healt Scarfaze Maze of Torment

.. and many, many more javelins that could be in the starting lineup. Juans has the most depth in this league, mostly because of them being a one league squad, and its going to be a challenge to defeat their lineup.

#9 PALADEN – they are coming to their both league as a huge underdogs, but at least it is going to be a great experience for all their players as long as they are active and show to all games.

TWLB (#8): Jessup WillBy / Beasty Sawyer Plasma C.Rabbit TaxiToFlag Field

They lack the experience to compete, but this season might teach them a valuable lesson and hopefully in return we will get more quality players. Sawyer already showcased his spiding talents by winning the TWEL-S Finals against Mythril, but they would need another 7 players like him to actually do something.

TWLD (#7): Jebass Jessup FatRolls Little Buddhist Dour

It's actually not that bad of a lineup, however it mostly consists of players who favor using dueling style, and TWLD is a team game. Paladen could possibly upset and ruin the chances of some squad from making it to the TWLD Playoffs, and if a small miracle happens, we could see TWL History being made with Paladen breaking to the Top 4.

#10 ENVY – they are only participating in one league and still need some more depth to be able to challenge some of the top-tier squads this season. I am concerned that they might have a couple of forfeits this year, as Paky Dude is captaining, but I hope that won't happen and that we will have a clean season.

TWLD (#8): ngR Flew Castro wicket666 Quart

I am not sure what to think of this lineup, but as they are a warbird only squad, Envy should not have any problems recruiting more warbirds to their lineup. It should be within the realms of possibility for them to get a couple of upset wins, but if they were to make it to the playoffs I would probably be forced to eat my fedora.

BASING: Dudgeon → Thunder → Royal → Enemy → Sweet → Cobra → LEGO → Paladen
    JAVELIN: Dudgeon → Royal → Sweet → Thunder → Juans → Cobra → Fierce → Enemy
    WARBIRD: Fierce → Thunder → Cobra → Sweet → Royal → Dudgeon → Paladen → Envy → Enemy → Lego

These rankings are based on my personal observations and experience with the players, and might not be accurate. I didn't bother to write in greater detail about the teams, but feel free to discuss/disagree with anything.
    Last edited by Turban; 09-15-2014, 11:20 AM. Reason: sorted by overall etc

That's not our TWLD lineup and pretty close prediction for LB lineup but no cigar! Appreciate the writeup though. This season for LB is looking to be one of the most competitive seasons in recent memory. Even the 'low tier' squads have a shot at beating one of the big dogs this season. Should be fun/interesting season ahead! My personal ranking for LB, and I'll leave my squad out because I'll be biased:

1) Dudgeon
    2) Enemy
    3) Royal
    4) Thunder
    5) Cobra
    6) Sweet
    7) Paladen

With the addition of porkjet, Dudgeon is looking rather scary. Enemy has the most depth out of all teams and there top line is impressive even though they have lost some players due to inactvity/swtching squads. Royal could sneak in to the finals, I just have to see how they play. Thunder's shark duo can leave squads trembling with fear.
    TWLD Champion 2014
    TWDTB Champion 2013
    TWDTB Champion 2016
    TWDTB Champion 2017
    TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
    -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Comment

aye, I didn't have much time to check through the lineups and added the namea I recognized as the potential starters. Only dedicated about 90 minutes (of my working hours, rip) writing this one, and never bothered to proof-read it.

I would say that TWLJ is the most competitive this season as no squad managed to stack their lineups, and the 5th-8th seeds in TWLB will have to work hard to make it to the playoffs.
      Last edited by Turban; 09-15-2014, 11:27 AM. Reason: screw dbl posting with the phone

Comment

penis
        Last edited by Vatican Assassin; 09-15-2014, 01:28 PM.

Comment

bs tbh, I'm winning twlb and you didn't even mention me.

Comment

>.<
            TWLJ Season 13 Runner Up (Boss)
            TWLJ Season 15 Hit Allstar
            TWDT-J 2012 Champ

TWDT-D 2014 Champ

Comment

sweet's potential lineups in ld, lj and lb would probably be:

ld: cres (very active and stepped up his game), okyo, riv, vt, myself/turban/solemn/tarnish

lj: turban, evasive, steadman, infrared, vt/okyo/nine/zazerick/paradise/marge/eelam

lb: terr: murder/tiduz. sharks: riv, nimp. spiders: zeebu, ra, turban, megalo, katc/reckful/eelam/inf

ideally if marge and eelam were active we would be alot stronger in lb and lj. inactivity is a bitch. same thing with ld, me, riv and vt are not what we used to be back in season 15 though some of the new guys we picked up have shown some potential. it's not too shabby. i'd say we are #1 everywhere (if marge and eelam shows)

TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Next time u do a write-up, plz check rosters turb. This not even worth reading. Sry mate
                "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
                Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
                Dral>I can get implants

Comment

good stuff : )

!

Comment

ready for marge and eelam to show

we had gr8 chemistry on fierce many seasons ago but couldn't carry the terrible Rule/Singer combo
                    1:Cape> is infrared the thing that microwave does?
                    Cape> i thought it was like u inferred
                    1:Cape> yo when u look up at the night sky and see billions of night stars
                    1:Cape> im like fuk it let this shit end

Tsunami> LOl
                    beam> stfu tsunami
                    Tsunami> yo this girl is dead up snoring
                    beam> ur blacker than tarcoal
                    Tsunami> should end her life while she sleeps

Comment

Great post Turban. I learned a lot of new things:

1. You're a captain of Sweet
                      2. Cripple is a TWLD caliber warbird on a fringe playoff team
                      3. Just about all the dice players are back despite retiring after last season's debacle (this makes me happy)
                      4. Vys has returned once again (this makes me sad)
                      5. TWLJ is extremely even
                      6. "Dudgeon" is in fact not a stupid Finnish incorrect spelling of "Dungeon"
                      TWLD CHAMP - STRAY (SORT OF)

Comment

TWLD Power Rankings

1. Fierce
                        2. Cobra
                        3. Envy
                        4. Paladen
                        5. Lego
                        6. Royal
                        7. Thunder
                        8. Sweet
                        9. Enemy
                        10. Dudgeon
                        1:Riverside> you guys eat schmores in america?

Comment

never seen such a scary lineup in such a small squad as far as dudgeon goes, they are the only obstacle on the cobra road to complete victory

sweet gonna have scary sharks for about 2 weeks until ph melts down

cobra right where i want them on be on ppls lists, in the prime underdog spot

enemy was my favorite contender even up until like 2 weeks ago but from what i hear trasher makes brookus look like willby and so they bled a little talent off, i don't hear much out of enemy these days but maybe thats because the only people left are people who have ?lines=0 on or something

these schedules are insane, 3 games in LD alone this weekend................... im pumped
                          NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Originally posted by RaCka View Post
                            TWLD Power Rankings

1. Fierce
                            2. Cobra
                            3. Envy
                            4. Paladen
                            5. Lego
                            6. Royal
                            7. Thunder
                            8. Sweet
                            9. Enemy
                            10. Dudgeon
                            LOL?
                            TWLD Champion 2014
                            TWDTB Champion 2013
                            TWDTB Champion 2016
                            TWDTB Champion 2017
                            TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
                            -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Comment

That's a valid point, Vatican, and it was something I considered mentioning in the opening post about Royal, and even Thunder to some degree – although Thunder players still have the passion to improve and get beter.

It is quite saddening that some of these players, who are used to being on top of the food chain, remain content in their position and simply stopped improving altogether, and because of this level of complacency others have finally caught up, or in some cases even surpassed, most if not all of these players. It is way easier to stay fit than get fit, and that saying is true even in gaming. You can keep saying that you are the best basers this game has ever seen, but truth is that its all in the past – most of you are simply one of the many basers nowadays, a shadow of your former self.

Royal still has the potential to be something extraordinary, especially with the addition of some lesser known spiders that are actually hungry for success, but at the same time that squad is a ticking time bomb. One of you should step up and try to reignite that passion these complacent players once had, because if they remain like this you guys have close to no chance of winning anything this season and will probably struggle to even make it to the playoffs. It reminds me of the Dice from a couple of years ago, although this time without Stayon/Megaman, where you guys failed miserably in the TWLB run and started calling others bad, when in fact you guys were the ones playing poorly.

It is all fine and dandy to reminisce about the past and think about the times when you were the best, but that's all in the past. The sad truth is that skills degrade slowly, heck, it might not even be noticeable to some, but over time you will start making more mistakes and its those are that make the difference in close games – it's the combination of simple errors, such as misplaying or overusing your energy, or simply lacking team coordination and making miscommunication errors, that contribute to the loss of a match. No matter how great of a player you are, or were, you will make mistakes – but the frequency of the mistakes only increase if you do not try to improve, and when that happens you have nobody but yourself to blame.

// rant

also, I made those roster lists based on the TWL rosters of that time, and only included players that I have seen playing recently or in the past in that league, or thought was good enough to play for that squad. It is not accurate, and I never claimed it to be. This claim is especially true for the bottom seeded teams, as I haven't been active enough to see how well they are performing or whether they have improved.

Comment

Working...
                              X