【 HOT or NOT 】 TWLJ WEEK ONE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 【 HOT or NOT 】 TWLJ WEEK ONE

I'm far too lazy to put much effort into this Hot or Not thread, but here we go. I will start with TWLJ, and maybe do TWLB later today if you guys want, but it's unlikely that I will find the time to do TWLD and if no one steps up to do it .. well, then we simply won't have one for this week.

SPOILER: I did not see every match.

Cobra vs Fierce (39 - 50)

they say snakes can unhinge their jaws to swallow things many times their size, but it looks like Fierce was a bit too great of a prey for the Cobramin to handle. it seems to have been a relatively close match, at least based on the statistics, and with Apok performing below average and Cobra had the chance to win if it only wasn't for one certain player playing like a newbie.

HOT: without a shadow of doubt, euforia (13-8) deserves HOT for actually getting a positive score in TWLJ

NOT: Siva, next time don't pretend to be a snake and play without hands as that atrocious 4-10 of yours cost Cobra the game.

Sweet vs Juans (50 - 40)

this was a must win for Sweet, even though it's still early in the season, as they are one of the many challengers fighting for the 4th seed in the playoffs. this match started close and remained so until the final minutes, where Juans struggled to eliminate Turban and slowly started to get picked off by the Indian Flash, Steadman.

HOT: I have conflicted feelings when writing this, but Steadman deserves to be mentioned with his 15-8 score.

NOT: you are supposed to be the leader of Juans, Nowyoudie, but you lead your squad to a loss with your heinous score of 3-10.

Honorable mention: getting 13 kills in a lost game is impressive, good job Maze.

Dudgeon vs Royal (50 - 44) *Game of the Week*

this match had the potential to deliver and it did with former Dice members locking their horns with each other and all of them performed well with the exception of Mighty, who seems to have been the odd man out of them all and did not deserve to play. if Royal had added one more javelin, this game could have swung to their favor, but when you have Geio getting three times the kills of Mighty in half the time, you know you have made a poor decision in the starting lineups.

HOT: entire Dudgeon lineup for playing together like a well-oiled machine, consistent scores all around.

NOT: looks like Mighty was unable to live up to his name with his one kill score. I thought you were a decent javelin, pathetic.

Honorable mention: Cape almost managed to carry the lackluster performance of Mighty with 13 kills, but no cigar for you good sir.

Dudgeon vs Enemy (50 - 29)

second biggest score differential of this week, but one has to consider that this was not meant to be a close game as Dudgeon were heavily favored in this match. Enemy had was by no means meant to be a close game, thus everything went accoring to the plans.

HOT: the Finnish dynamic duo of maketso and dreamwin as both dropped 12 kills. sick, as the kids would say.

NOT:
    i would love to be harsh against menelvagor for having the worst score of this week, 1-10, but he's not even in the Top 300 Javelins of the zone.

Honorable mention: Noobius (9-10) and M_M God (8-10) for at least getting decent scores.

Sweet vs Thunder (31 - 50)

Sweet came to the match fresh off from a win against Juans, where as this was Thunders first match of the season. the rivarly was there as former Thunder members tried to prove a point, but instead they managed to show the exact reason as to why they aren't playing on their former squad. Thunder played almost flawlessly and their experienced lineup was what made the difference .. or that is what I would like to say, but quite frankly Sweet played bad.

HOT: Ease for dropping a stellar 15-8 score, and eliminating turban with a panic shot. hate you.

NOT: looking to get the worst TWLJ season of all time, turban managed go 3-10.

Thunder vs Royal (40 - 50)

this one turned out to be a nail-biter and was one of the potential match of the week candidates due to the years of squad rivarly, and it also had brothers aprix and amnesti playing against each other. there isn't much to be said, both teams fought valiantly, but Royal stole their opponents thunder with their superior lineup and roster depth. i would recommend that both of the brothers to read the book 'Cut: The true story of an abandoned, abused little girl who was desperate to be part of a family' as it might be a motivational book for one of you, and for the other one it might be an eye-opener.

HOT: aprix for showing who's the better brother of the two with a decent stats of 11-6.

NOT: zidane, with his 5-10 score, ensured that Thunder had no chance of victory. tss tss, no excuses.

Fierce vs Enemy (50 - 33)

fierce wasn't looking that great in their first match, despite the win, but this time they managed to meet their expectations with their captain Apok managing to redeem himself after a poor first match. Enemy really needs to find some more javelins if they want to have a chance to win any games this season.

HOT: okay, I take it back, Apok might actually be a good javelin after all with his outstanding 16-7 score.

NOT: TheWadoRooster (2-10) and Henry Saari (4-10) managed to sink the Enemy ship with their abysmal scores.

Honorable mention: once again, Noobius (13-10) managed to perform above expectations, but his team keeps letting him down.

Cobra vs Juans (50 - 21)

.. still hungry from their failed feasting attempt against Fierce, Cobra performed what proved to be the most shocking victory of this week as they utterly destroyed Juans. It was supposed to be close match, based on the lineups, but obviously something went horribly wrong. great performance by Cobra, but I think it's about time for me to update the power rankings as Juans seems to be one of the weaker teams, even Paladen could have performed better. get your act together, lads, its a long season, and you better let Maze play more often.

HOT: Zazerick for his massive 17-8 score against the Finns; impressive.

NOT: i could teach monkeys to play better than the entire Juans roster, and within a day to boot.

Honorable mention: the roster of Cobra for bouncing back in grand style after their loss against Fierce.

OVERALL HOT OF THE WEEK: Singer for having an average score of 13-5 after this round. impressive, french guy.

HONORABLE MENTION: Dudgeon for performing on a level that is to be expected of them.

OVERALL NOT OF THE WEEK: Juans.
    Even Play would play better than you guys at the moment, get good or recruit more javelins as that is your only league.
    Last edited by Turban; 09-23-2014, 10:29 AM.

probably reserved for TWLB.

Comment

Good writeup Turban. Fierce fam doing it big.

Do one for LB
      TWLD Champion 2014
      TWDTB Champion 2013
      TWDTB Champion 2016
      TWDTB Champion 2017
      TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
      -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
        Fierce vs Enemy (50 - 33)

fierce wasn't looking that great in their first match, despite the win, but this time they managed to meet their expectations with their captain Apok managing to redeem himself after a poor first match. Enemy really needs to find some more javelins if they want to have a chance to win any games this season.

HOT: okay, I take it back, Apok might actually be a good javelin after all with his outstanding 16-7 score.

NOT: TheWadoRooster (2-10) and Henry Saari (4-10) managed to sink the Enemy ship with their abysmal scores.

Honorable mention: once again, Noobius (13-10) managed to perform above expectations, but his team keeps letting him down.
        You are mistaken sir, I went 6-10 and menelvagor went 12-10 with a tk.
        JAMAL> laggy no skill nebwie
        JuanJuan> you a fucking lagass cheater
        mAZe Of tOrM> try more faggot
        mAZe Of tOrM> u suck dick

Shadowmere> Nice lag you fagf

Comment

Working...
        X