No announcement yet.

Squads to make TWLD this season, other then the ones who already qualified

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As much as it sucks that all of the best players are on three squads, you also have to see the fact that pretty soon the new good players are going to be better then all the veterans, if not already. Look at people who are "vets" like lets say Mattey, He comes back to play for three months a year, during TWL and TWL pre-qualifying, he gets back most of his skill during these three months yes. But the random good player playing 12 months out of the year eventually becomes better than this person. Even if his name isn't yet known to be a TW elite. In either this season, or one of the next two seasons, the average "decent tw wb" is going to be better then the average old three month a year vet, and you can count on that. I mean hell.. look at quicksand's Roster, when you see that you don't exactly start pointing out all the amazing vets from 1997 that you remember, yet we are still a good squad through teaming, and good players. (even though im an old vet :P)
    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by wark <ER>
      As much as it sucks that all of the best players are on three squads, you also have to see the fact that pretty soon the new good players are going to be better then all the veterans, if not already. Look at people who are "vets" like lets say Mattey, He comes back to play for three months a year, during TWL and TWL pre-qualifying, he gets back most of his skill during these three months yes. But the random good player playing 12 months out of the year eventually becomes better than this person. Even if his name isn't yet known to be a TW elite. In either this season, or one of the next two seasons, the average "decent tw wb" is going to be better then the average old three month a year vet, and you can count on that. I mean hell.. look at quicksand's Roster, when you see that you don't exactly start pointing out all the amazing vets from 1997 that you remember, yet we are still a good squad through teaming, and good players. (even though im an old vet :P)
      I have to admit, QS teams well and their players are quite loyal. They stick together with a small roster. Keep up the good work.
      .: ExquisiteHosting.com
      .: Website, Reseller & A. Hosting

Roxy :
      zzz

Comment

I think playoffs are 8 teams? Well I'll say they are for the sake of this.

Playoff squads will be...

Ice (of course)
        Sk8 (of course)
        -F- (assuming they come back)
        Pirates (not a problem)
        Diso (not a problem)
        QS (shouldn't have a problem)
        Razor (shouldn't have a problem)
        And either Elude or Shinobi (that's my guess anyhow)
        oar> anyone in here good with math?
        Ignominy> o+a+r=suck

kid kaos> da fuk u doin on ignites squad
        Sention> YO KK WTF U DOING OUT OF JAIL?!

1:Mantra-Slider> HI MY NAME IS AUDIT AND I DONT REALISE ITS HARD TO PLEASE 25 GUYS AT THE SAME TIME

Displaced> audit is just the king of cool ;)

Comment

Asian for twlb. Our giant 2 man roster will win it all

Buja X
          Jz

Possible double squadders:
          Kim (he got caught last time! hahahaha)
          HEATHA> i smell like ass

Comment

haha

Stor will be there. for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by golden duck
              Not every squad in TWL will go 7-3 and above, its just not possible. The player base for squads are so migrated to certain amounts of squads, that the top 5 squads will always have a better line in twl than the lower quallifying teams no matter how much they recruit are practice beforehand.
              Yes, but in my opinion the league would be at it's best when the all the squads have more than 3 or 4 wins, meaning that the league has been really close. I'd rather play against a squad that I can win 50-45 against than a squad I can win 50-30 against.
              6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
              3 league vet

Comment

Originally posted by Miku19
                Yes, but in my opinion the league would be at it's best when the all the squads have more than 3 or 4 wins, meaning that the league has been really close. I'd rather play against a squad that I can win 50-45 against than a squad I can win 50-30 against.

I understand where your coming from, competitiveness brings out the best in players and makes the game more exciting, but all im saying is that its hard to find quality wbs when they go straight to the top 5 squads, many players dont think twice bout helping lower squads, some do, but the majority doesnt.

Comment

what if instead of squads ... they were teams...sorta like twdl or whatever it is the draft league

that could be cool if it was set up correctly...have like 30 squads total...but it couldn't really work.......
                  violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
                  [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

Originally posted by Randedl
                    set a rule about how a player has to play a minimum # of games in a season to be put on a squad's roster at the end of the season (for the winner's list etc). it'll increase competition
                    I had that same exact idea, that players with 45 person rosters *cough* get by because the players really dont care to move anywhere else when they get all the credit for winning, even though they might not have done anything at all. Perhaps have a much smaller active roster that has to be set by..wednesday or thursday of who can play in the LD/LJ/LB, and you have to be on that active roster x amount of times to be eligible. I'd say maybe a 10 person roster for LD/LJ games..although people say blah blah people might not show, i think if you look back over top squads' seasons, they have played pretty much the same people during it. It would increase competition in general, but a potential downside is that it makes squads harder to manage.
                    I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                    I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

I say ... if you played even just one game in the season ... sub or starter, you should have your name on the "championship roster".

Comment

Originally posted by Audit

Ice (of course)
                        Sk8 (of course)
                        Pirates (not a problem)
                        Diso (not a problem)
                        lol if anythin menasor > shinobi
                        Last edited by smokes; 12-09-2005, 02:42 AM.
                        Zingy> do you have a hobby of making random comments that make no sense

Comment

Originally posted by smokes
                          lol if anythin menasor > shinobi
                          You probably have no idea.. <_<
                          .: ExquisiteHosting.com
                          .: Website, Reseller & A. Hosting

Roxy :
                          zzz

Comment

Ice (of course)
                            Sk8 (of course)
                            Pirates (not a problem)
                            Diso (not a problem)
                            Heavy should be up there lol. ice and skate just about only 2 squads we have hard time beating
                            1:Kthx> Hey Cower ill let you play the next game if you can name me five medieval weapons.
                            1:Cower> Sword
                            1:Kthx> ok
                            1:Cower> Axe
                            1:Kthx> WAIT, YOU GOT IT
                            1:Cower> ?
                            1:Kthx> GET OFF THE CHAT

Comment

Can you smell the squad pride in the air?`The constant useless squabbling, burnings, and total pwning`-`twl is coming folks. I love it!

As for what someone said on page 1, fuck all these new squads popping up left, right, and center.

Paladen, British Squad, Warpath, STONERZ for twl. :wub:
                              7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
                              7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
                              7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
                              7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
                              1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Comment

Ice (of course)
                                Sk8 (of course)
                                Pirates (not a problem)
                                Diso (not a problem)
                                Shinobi lost to dingus dogs or something (who?)
                                Elude is superior when it comes to run and stray. They are much better than Shinobi in general.
                                DuelBot> You have defeated 'nessy' score: (20-11)
                                Nessy> i left for 3 years clean
                                Nessy> came back got on rampage, won twl, #1 in elim for 3 weeks, not even tryin, gg

1:King Baba> i know my name is King Baba, but you can call me Poseidon

I Luv Cook> I'll double penetrate your ass:/

Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean.

Broaden your horizons, read my blog:
                                -> http://foldhesten.mybrute.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X