TWL Season 7 Staff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWL Season 7 Staff

First of all I would like to appologize for leaving you all in the dark for a bit at the start there... We have been busy setting up the foundations for Season 7 and I did not want to have any rumors floating around before I made an official announcement.

That being said, I would like you to all welcome and congratulate Pure_Luck to TWL Staff. He will be a full fledged League Operator and an equal to Acid. Epinephrine has decided to stay on with us as a TWL Advisor and we will all benifit from his expertise and experience from running TWL Season 6. Acid is staying on for yet another season as League Operator bringing to us valuable insight gained from his working on the past several TWL Seasons.

Now to address concerns raised by several of you:

Returning TWL Squads: As you may have noticed from the revised rules, we have decided to only allow the playoff squads from Season 6 to be granted automatic admission to Season 7. This change is outlined in Rule 2.02.

The TWL Start Date: Even though I have a date set for when I would like TWL Season 7 to start, I would like to keep it unknown to the public until more of the necessary work has been done. This is so that I can more or less guarantee that the start of the next season will not be delayed.

Resetting TWD: Because replacement TWL squads will be taken from TWD rankings, TWD will have to be reset at some point prior to the start of TWL. Rest assured, there will be plenty of time to wake your squads from any sort of inactiveness that they may have slipped into during the off season.

Changes in TWLB: The rules concerning TWLB have not yet been set by us. We have several ideas for changes and such but we would like to see how BWC plays out first before deciding on anything.

Lag Checking: I will be working on a way to incorporate automatic lag checking into the bots. This will include ping, packetloss (C2S, S2C and S2C Weapons), and spike. After I create the necessary modules for the bot, I will define the lag limits.

Double Squadding: Double squadding will be checked by the website and / or bot. It will reference a database that has been created to ensure that players will not be in violation of the double squadding rules. This way, Captains will no longer need to track down an Smod to see if a squad member is double squadding.

If you all have any other questions or concerns regarding TWL Season 7, please post them here and I will do my best to answer them.

P_L is a good guy and all but 2 TWL ops on 1 squad doesnt sound to appealing...u know ther will be complaints about that
    _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

could you maybe give us a season? like its going to start in winter? spring? summer of 1010? heh, no seriously tho. Maybe just a hint, or an approximation. Around december? january? IM GOING CRAZY HERE! thx staff

Asia Minor> see you sunday fuckers
      Asia Minor> maybe not
      Asia Minor> i hope you guys lose
      bloodzombie> I hope your mom fucks you while you sleep
      bloodzombie> every time you have a wet dream, it's really your mom fucking you
      bloodzombie> remmeber that next time
      bloodzombie> seriously

Comment

yaya guano!!!

Sounds good. I have full trust in all those 3 guys, however I agree with Cig Smoke... having ALL 3 LEAGUE OPS on the same squad is not good. I have always said that the league ops should be squadless..
        Originally posted by Tyson
        There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
        Originally posted by HeavenSent
        Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
        Originally posted by Izor
        Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

I agree with Mantra. Having all 3 league ops from the same squad is perhaps not a good idea. The chances of some kind of controversy occuring during any given game (lagouts, lagging, bot errors,hosting errors etc) is not negligible. If a situation like that occurs during a game that Spastic is involved in, and a decision is made by the ops affecting the outcome of said game..... well, your basically ASKING for people to get suspicious about the fairness of the decisions.

I might add at this point that i have full faith in that the ops intentions are good & proper....but.... humans are only fallible.

Credit
          I sleep all night and I work all day..

Comment

Mantra and Cred for league-ops!!

Looks like diso won't have to qualify for any of the 3 leagues... I don't see that as a good thing. We won't get half the practise the others will get :/

thx for the update cpt! Sounds promising gg
            http://disoblige.be-damned.com/OLD%20WEBSITE/

Comment

GOOD WORK GUANO
              1: cundor> let's do a disoblige .?go base
              1: Cremation> cundor desperately trying to tell the world hes a diso
              1: cundor> dude
              1: cundor> i already told my parents
              1: Desperate> LOL
              1: Cremation> HAHA
              1: bram> :)
              1: Da1andonly> LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Mantra-Slider

I have always said that the league ops should be squadless..
                Originally posted by warportal
                Mantra and Cred for league-ops!!
                wp wants me to leave diso BITCH!
                Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.

Comment

seriously. to me mantra and cred seem very fit for the job..
                  http://disoblige.be-damned.com/OLD%20WEBSITE/

Comment

To me Cpt. Guano! is the best man for the job. Don't judge until you see.

-Epi
                    Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                    www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                    www.animeslice.com

Comment

Returning TWL Squads: As you may have noticed from the revised rules, we have decided to only allow the playoff squads from Season 6 to be granted automatic admission to Season 7. This change is outlined in Rule 2.02.
                      great decision. this should ensure better quality.

how about allowing more subs in twlb?
                      Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
                      apt>yes u can wtf
                      apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
                      apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
                      apt>so i dont miss the toilet
                      Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
                      apt>na
                      apt>ill show you pictures
                      apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

It still aint right ephi... problems will arise
                        Im saying this cos I like the guys in charge but when they are in the same squad (especially a one as good as this one) the so easily avoided discussion of biased decisions WILL exist.

Also it might have the effect that they will do anything (even too much) to make the decision "not biased" so it will harm Spastic aswell... If you know what I mean :/

edit: I need that email you sent me in a msg to send you the diso roster or something, I lost it.
                        Last edited by Mantra-Slider; 11-04-2003, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Re: TWL Season 7 Staff

Originally posted by Cpt.Guano!

Resetting TWD: Because replacement TWL squads will be taken from TWD rankings, TWD will have to be reset at some point prior to the start of TWL. Rest assured, there will be plenty of time to wake your squads from any sort of inactiveness that they may have slipped into during the off season.
                          Concerning TWLB in particular-

Three of the five playoff TWLB squads have dissolved (Elusive, Rampage, Light). Does this mean that those five squads will be excluded from the TWD rankings during qualification, and the top #11 squads in the TWD rankings will be chosen to enter the league?

OR

Would the three missing playoff squads be automatically filled by the next highest returning squads (in this case- whiterabbits, Melee, and Burning Rose), and then the remaining eight slots be filled as perscribed above?
                          5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                          5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                          5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Re: Re: TWL Season 7 Staff

Originally posted by Fit of Rage
                            Concerning TWLB in particular-

Three of the five playoff TWLB squads have dissolved (Elusive, Rampage, Light). Does this mean that those five squads will be excluded from the TWD rankings during qualification, and the top #11 squads in the TWD rankings will be chosen to enter the league?

OR

Would the three missing playoff squads be automatically filled by the next highest returning squads (in this case- whiterabbits, Melee, and Burning Rose), and then the remaining eight slots be filled as perscribed above?
                            Not participating in playoffs=not participating in playoffs. Your answer is no, so make with the basing bitch!
                            Last edited by wadi; 11-04-2003, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Is the schedule of conference, non conference games going to change? It would be cool to have the schedule vary between both types of games. Also this time make pallies play diso in the regular season
                              Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

Working...
                              X