TWL 7 squads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Zerzera
    Last season we, as Camisade, also lost our game to Disoblige. Before the season squads as Mambo, Spastic and Camisade (or at least one of these would be one of those squads) you now say shouldn't be let in.

In advance everyone said we didn't stand a chance vs Disoblige, but it didn't make the game less exciting.
    It's nice of you to try and judge all the squads that are around and tell us what we feel when playing leagues.
    Just because some squads don't seem to be competative doesn't mean you should just remove them.
    You win a league by beating the little ones, and you could always lose to one of those.
    I don't see how a league of 16 squads with exactly the same strenght would make a nicer league to play.
    you also dropped out of the league before it ended and made the first round or two of the playoffs alot less exciting.

when a new idea comes up, so many people are quick to object because it wouldn't benefit them directly.

if your only argument against 3 league squads is that "my squad couldn't play", shut up.

and yeah, no matter what (barring a major fluke), something will happen and the conferences will be "unbalanced". people can hop squads and squads can dissolve. twld woulda been alot better had the majority of shriek's wbs not gone to rampage right before the season started.

and if in fact there is going to be a 4 spid max in lb, it's no longer just about the spiders shark and terr. can rb bring a solid jav or wb? maybe they should show it first.
    Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
    Philos> there is something about you
    Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

• Im very wonderous of what WR is gonna do if they drop TWLB. That was where they were born and it is probably where they yet have most talent. They will make TWLJ most likely, but they arent a top notch jav team, they'll admit it. They arent -f- or synd or neone like that. They should stick with basing, they are actualy good there.
      _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

• We're all kinda bored with basing right now. Maybe it's the 5 spids, maybe it's the map, maybe it's just the game, but all the core wr people aren't really down witht he basing thing. I personally plan on taking a short-lengthy hiatus after draft league ends (maybe before it ends).

Comment

• if there is time for church there is time for subspace - Randedl

Subspace is my church

This is where I heal my hurts
          Trench Wars' # 1 Solo WB

TWEL WB Season 1 '03 Champ
          1st Annual WB Tournament '04 Champ
          2nd Annual WB Tournament '05 Champ
          Elim King '03-'11

Sirius> Raspi I want to explore this fetish of yours
          Raspi> AAAHHH THE ZOMBIES ARE COMING!!!! sirius> finally... raspi> unhhhhhunhunh

Comment

• Fuck you guys are so fucking pathetic. Everytime their is a predictions post you basing newbs start bickering endlessly about who is better then who at basing. WAKE UP anybody can make a good basing squad, and any good jav/wb squad can play well in basing leagues its easy.
            2 time TWLD runner up.

If not a medal, cant I get a Ribbon??

Comment

• Way to bring up a dead argument, dipshit.
              sdg

Comment

• Originally posted by Kid Kaos
                WAKE UP anybody can make a good basing squad, and any good jav/wb squad can play well in basing leagues its easy.

LAFF
                FIRST you pillage, THEN you burn.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kid Kaos
                  Fuck you guys are so fucking pathetic. Everytime their is a predictions post you basing newbs start bickering endlessly about who is better then who at basing. WAKE UP anybody can make a good basing squad, and any good jav/wb squad can play well in basing leagues its easy.

Yeah, that was proven last finals when it was Mambo Vs. Spastic.

Shithead.
                  Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

• i think what he's saying is. . .

how many basing squads do you see make it into wbs compared to wb squads that can make it into base. . .
                    Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
                    Philos> there is something about you
                    Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

• Mattey, i believe last basing finals were between Spastic and disoblige?

And rand is pointing out what KK was trying to say. Just KK did it wrong. It is much ezier for a dueling squad to get into basing and compete in that league, then it is for a basing squad to do so in dueling. U can see that simply by looking @ what squads did it recently. Not many goin from basing to dueling. I think winning TWLB is alot harder then winning TWLD/TWLJ, but i think competeing and doin well is ezier in TWLB then LD/LJ
                      _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

• Originally posted by Cig Smoke
                        I think winning TWLB is alot harder then winning TWLD/TWLJ, but i think competeing and doin well is ezier in TWLB then LD/LJ
                        Uh, no?

It was proven by Light that any dueling/jav squad can win TWLB (that is, if they actually care enough for the league like fireballz did with Light). TWLB is a lot easier than the other 2 leagues simply because the stronger and more organized team wins. Of course you can have a couple of guys stepping up in a basing game, but you still are more likely to lose if your team is performing badly. Unlike TWLB, TWLD and TWLJ can have a whole team choking, but that team can still win if they have at least one guy carrying the rest. I think TWLD and TWLJ give the players more chances of shining individually and showing their true skill in this game than TWLB.
                        The player with the biggest nuts.

- destroy

Comment

• I agree, Light did show a dueling squad can win it. So did Diso when they won it. But When light won it, they had a 1st season WR, no mambo, no spastic, no incuria. Grant they were good, and i mean very good no respect taken away. But there werent many just "basing" squads taht season who were competative. U were basicaly up agains other squads who were duelers to. U also had mitch as a terr, all he did was terr, FBZ and hannes as sharks. Sure FBZ is a dueler, but obviosly he had basing experience. Mitch was pur baser, and so was hannes. U also had 2D jump from 1 side of the base to the other in jav, although he was good @ it i must admitt, he obviously isn tnew to basing either. I meant its harder to take 8 duelers who never baseed and win TWLB. Light is a close example, but u guys obviosly had some experience in it.
                          _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

• Actually, they never played us the first season.

Comment

• I think wb and javs have a slightly more focus on individuals ... while basing has slightly more focus on team. Very rarely can one individual in basing carry their team ... while in wb or jav, this is not true (I think you said something like that destroy).

Comment

• Eitha way there wernt as many "pure" basing squads that season. U had Paladen, NS, BS, Cripz all in leagues that season who did horrible. ANd Vortex who 1/2 showed up, a WF who died 1/2 way through. ALthough u had A-S who was probably better that year. Not taking nething away from light, but theydidnt have the real top notch basing squads like nowdays, .?go base wsant really around, and priv basing wasnt either really. Basing alone wasnt near as popular as now 2 years later.

And suff ur rite, LD/LJ are more individual type games, there is only 5v5 1 guy can pull a 20+ and win it for his team. As for basing u gotta rely on everyone to pull there weight. People on basing squads, and pure basers know this tho, alot of the times duelers have big ego, which in the long run mean they dont team to great w/ 7 other guys. And to take 8 duelers who rarely base, throw 1 in terr, 2 in shark,u wont win TWLB. U mite do well in it bc ur spiders mite kick ass, but u still wont win.
                                _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Working...
                                X