The 1/2 Hour News Hour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 1/2 Hour News Hour

This is FoxNews's right-wing 'comedic' response to shows like The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, Real Time with Bill Maher, etc. I personally hate all those shows (except Colbert very occasionally) so needless to say I was ecstatic when I saw that this show would be taking the time slot of one of my favourites - Hannity's America.

Its jokes fall flat about 40% of the time (even worse than Daily Show) but on top of that the hosts actually try to save them by explaining them - even Jon Stewart doesn't usually stoop to that level of impotency. They love to rail on Barack Obama (mainly personal attacks), which is curious considering he's much more mild-mannered than every other politician. I guess that's why they want to deride him though, nobody else is! Well there probably was a reason conservatives weren't on TV making jokes (other than when Rush Limbaugh says something stupid) - it absolutely sucks. I give this show 2 more episodes before FoxNews wises up and pulls this travesty.

At least now maybe FoxNews viewers will question using them as their only news source, especially when they produce mind-numbing garbage like this.

Colbert is great. Jon Stewart is a little sanctimonious and not that funny. Maher sucks.
    Originally posted by Ward
    OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

This show fails because it only takes aim at the left, poorly. They only do character assassinations and fart jokes...nicknaming Obama "Gassy" doesn't even make sense. The Daily Show has a premise; they're anti-establishment, anti-idiocy regardless of political leanings. Colbert commented on this during his interview at Harvard University which was a good video if anyone has some time to kill. Google video has it.
      Last edited by Kolar; 02-19-2007, 04:59 PM.

Comment

I used to really like the daily show before george bush was in office, and then their focus turned almost purely to politics, and I found it much less funny.
        afksry

Comment

Yeah I watched The Daily Show as a kid when Craig Kilborn was the host. Too much hype has Jon Stewart thinking he's a sage or something.

Comment

hoy; shit, this hour has twenty two minutes anyone?
            Originally posted by turmio
            jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
            Originally posted by grand
            I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

It's so unfunny it's funny.
              Originally posted by Jeenyuss
              sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

Working...
              X