Top 100 Basers of All-Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 100 Basers of All-Time

For Basing Nerds only! Extremely dorky things to follow.

Top 100 Basers of All-Time

Every season. Every final. Every champion.

All 35 seasons are now included and available in a searchable document here.

Best viewed on a 1920x1080 monitor or larger.

Notes

S5 is the first TWLB season. There was no basing or javs S1-S4.

S12-S22 is 99% correct, listing every winner and runner-up, using readily available box scores from the TWL website. (requires mod access to change the seasons, or the game ID codes to see every season)

S6 is now 99% correct thanks to Ease tracking down the box scores in forums.

S7 is also 99% correct thanks to Brookus uploading video from Round 2 and 3 of the Finals. Rab found Round 1 here and I've updated it.

S8 is now 99% correct thanks to Rab tracking down the Finals box scores here and here via Wayback Machine.

S9 is now 95% correct thanks to Ease getting me some links using the old TWLM website. (requires plugging in player's TWD ID in the address bar, selecting Season 9, and checking the -Finals- vs. Syndicate scores for Game 73).

S10 still doesn't have Finals box scores, but gleaned some useful roster info from TWLM website, as it does have the entire regular season.

S5 is a black hole. S10 and S11 are 80% correct. Stayon and Sarger helped me years ago giving me lineups from memory. The rest is reconstructed from TWL History, forum posts, and the Wayback Machine. Props to Rab for hunting down the 2005 TWDT-B runner-ups for me.

If you have screenshots/boxscores/video of the TWLB semis or finals from those seasons, let me know and I'll update the sheet.

Thanks to JAMAL, Spezza, and Ease for going through the Skill ratings for me and providing feedback. I took pretty much all their recommendations.

I tried to rate older players (Koan/Spybreak/Brookus/etc.) and rivals (Stayon/Commodo/Thix/etc.) as generously as possible, but ultimately this list is my subjective opinion. For older players, I talked to elite basers from the era and leaned on All-Star voting threads from S6/S7/S8/etc., which helpfully listed how many votes each player got in every ship.

Rating

The rating is 70% Skill, 30% Championships.

Within that 30%, the weighting is 75% TWL/25% TWDT (so a TWLB title is worth 3x a TWDT-B title.) How the 30% is counted on the sheet:

Only finals starters who played the majority of winning rounds in Finals get the dark gold color, which helps weed out useless people like Voth.

This also provides a nice, hefty, objective weight to the rankings to move players up or down, since the Skill rating is subjective opinion.

Final Thoughts

Even if you disagree with the ratings, this provides a nice database to look up basers, where they played, who won what season, etc. The list
    has to be ordered in some fashion, anyway.

There's also a Hot tab on the sheet, which shows you which players were on top of the basing world at every point in history from 2002 to 2019.

Every column averages the previous 5 seasons, so you can see basers rise and fall as time progresses from left to right, with Disoblige players dominating
    leagues, then Dice taking the mantle, Penetrate having the briefest glimpse of the top, and then finally Thunder wresting the summit from Dicers.

Last edited by Claushouse; 06-23-2019, 07:26 PM.
    2:zidane> steadman gotta try to be nice to ppl man
    2:zidane> u gotta learn to not be a total douche bag 100% of the time
    2:Ogron> stead prob still has an unevolved kadabra on his gameboy color bc he has no friends
    2:mcvicar> LOL
    2:zidane> ded

Wondered what you wanted that data for, this is cool.

Requests:
    - Could you combine stats from my old name into my new name?
    - Is there an easy way to filter to only show active players?

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
      Wondered what you wanted that data for, this is cool.

Requests:
      - Could you combine stats from my old name into my new name?
      - Is there an easy way to filter to only show active players?
      Gimme your old name and I can add it, sure.

No filter, but I can do it manually for you, only takes a minute.
      2:Ogron> stead prob still has an unevolved kadabra on his gameboy color bc he has no friends

Comment

Here you go:

Top 100 Active Basers

Comment

wow Impressive work Ogron !!
          Trasher> lol hellrazor

Comment

How rude! Shine my belts! Best undeserved TWL title winner in TW history... the sig proves it okay??
            Duel Pasta> great
            Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
            TWLJ Champion Season 11
            TWLB All-Star Season 10
            Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

Originally posted by Voth View Post
              How rude! Shine my belts! Best undeserved TWL title winner in TW history... the sig proves it okay??

Was a joke : )

Your sig is accurate!

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post

Was a joke : )

Your sig is accurate!
                i never knew you cared. out of all the undeserved TWL title winners in history (and there are MANY), you agree that i am, in fact, the best.

hey in all seriousness, why aren't you signed up for mafia? i could see you and exalt getting into a "which post has a higher word count" dick measuring contest and it would probably be legendary. https://forums.trenchwars.com/forum/...om-of-westeros
                Duel Pasta> great
                Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
                TWLJ Champion Season 11
                TWLB All-Star Season 10
                Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

Hard pass on Mafia, Voth.

Rab and Ease tracked down S6, S7, S8 and S9 finals for me, and I've updated the sheet. Got some info from S10, but TWLM doesn't have that final.

Meaning only S5 (TWLB Cup), S10, and S11 are missing. If you have screenshots, video, or boxscores of those TWLB seasons (particularly the finals), let me know.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Voth View Post

i never knew you cared. out of all the undeserved TWL title winners in history (and there are MANY), you agree that i am, in fact, the best.

hey in all seriousness, why aren't you signed up for mafia? i could see you and exalt getting into a "which post has a higher word count" dick measuring contest and it would probably be legendary. https://forums.trenchwars.com/forum/...om-of-westeros
                    how to delete someone else's post
                    three perfect chords get me closer to heaven
                    been mappin the abyss since 2007

Comment

I took part in TWLB season 6 for -Final- when they won that season. I also helped Terrorist in TWDT season 2019 when they tripled crowned. What is this conspiracy theory to write me out of the history books?! sheesh.
                      ranked #2 in ogrons signature of: TWL's most irrelevant nobodies pubtrash bozos with 0 titles.

TWLD Season 19 #70th Best Warbird
                      TWLB Season 19 #56th Best Spider

TW Greatest no-shipper 2002 - Present

Comment

Going down on memory lane around 12 years ago, and to correct the excell, I played and won season 10 as well. It was my first lb win, first season I played under by choise, as it was a season I was the most inactive (1h per week) on and realisticly the start of my spider talent decline, and the rise of experience, mental strenght, and championships.

Ironicly I had to morph like a butterfly in order to reach the finish line.

I believe that day I mvp'd the first round (One of my few mvps on final), Pandora makes 1-1, and then on the crucial game..

Cape played for Chief, high possibility of Dwop subbing in mid-game for Cig, A2M, Mega, Crip, Stay, Mikes. Jra played until he lagged, Mega Newbie stepped on to make one of the most ferocious subs ever going 0-10, attacking cram, with game being around of 6-9, until Necro replaces MN.

The game gets caotic with cram breaks and flagroom fights, Cape pulling legend moves and 2 teks, Necro 1 Tek to hero and myself another 2 through under pushes, managing to disrupt Pandora's excellent game control after pounding us on round 2. We nailed the coffin, as per usual with a clutch cram.

In the end, Pandora's organization was not enough for Dice's bigger talent and mental strenght. The lag didnt help and we were not as tidy as they were.

We went on on relying on out talent and experience when it mattered on future TWLBs. Dice's only organized season was actually their first, from my spectactor view, where they went from being a possible huge upset, to a it's an obvious win, on a few weeks. Resembled on a different scale, to Spastic's season 6 win, comming from being a pub squad months earlier, to face and beat behemoths like Diso, Pallies, WR or AS.

​​​​​Shayde did not attend but would of started for Mikes.

Necro was a hybrid between bein 4th shark, starter and 1st sub.

My brother did not attend. Hero was not an option.

Vati and Sarger standed out for me.

Was fun to write a little bit, there's other errors on different teams but my memory would make me more nostalgic. Papi out!

Comment

#193 represent what whatr

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

This was fun to look back on, thanks for this
                            Peyton Manning

Originally posted by Vatican Assassin
                            all stats should be removed except for the stat of how many times mattey can go fuck himself which I would expect should be rather high
                            JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

Comment

#365...rising up those rankings quickly!

Comment

Working...
                              X