This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WB/Jav/Basing Cup For Dummies

[B][SIZE=48px][COLOR=#7f8c8d]WB[/COLOR]/[COLOR=#f1c40f]Jav[/COLOR]/[COLOR=#e74c3c]Basing[/COLOR] Cup For Dummies[/SIZE][/B]

Racka has asked me to write an explainer since he is fielding a lot of questions.

[SIZE=36px]1) Warbird Cup, Jav Cup, and Basing Cup are separate[/SIZE]

There is no relationship between them, you can be on 3 different teams. You can captain Jav Cup, opt out of WB Cup, and get drafted in Basing Cup. Play how you want.

[SIZE=36px]2) It's a draft league, except instead of 1 Captain, you have a Core of 3 players[/SIZE]

It's like TWDT, except instead of 1 captain drafting, a core of 3 players (5 in base) are the "captains" for the draft.

For example, if Racka/Lockdown/Beam submit a core for WB Cup under the name Rage, their team will draft during the Warbird Cup draft like a normal captain would. They simply start with 3 players instead of 1:

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/sVKfCXw.png"}[/IMG2]

[SIZE=36px]3) There is a star cap[/SIZE]

Stronger cores will have to draft lower-starred players, while weaker cores can catch up by selecting higher-starred players. The projected star caps are 45* for WB, 45* for Jav, and 73* for Base.

So Racka/Lockdown/Beam in WB Cup, for example, are 10*, 10*, 9*, and would have 16* leftover to draft the rest of their line, and likely prioritize two 8*s or an 8.5* and a 7.5*, then select for depth at various spots.

They won't have room to draft a 10* except as a sub.

[SIZE=36px]4) Choose how you want to play[/SIZE]

Banks is on Ram Ranch in Basing Cup, but wants to play elsewhere for WB Cup and Jav Cup. Racka has submitted Rage as a WB Cup and Jav Cup core (there's no relationship between the two beyond using the same name), but Lockdown is only on Rage for WB Cup. Zidane is on Pandora in Basing Cup and Rage in Jav Cup. Crazy Canockout wants to be drafted in WB Cup and Jav Cup, but has opted out of base. I'm in Basing Cup on Pandora, I've opted out of Jav Cup, and I'm entering the draft in WB Cup.

[I][SIZE=8px](Teams that aren't strong enough to be allowed into the draft can enter with a full line of low-starred players to participate and gain experience. Ram Ranch wants to play WB Cup and will field a low-star line not part of the draft. This is something most players don't need to think/worry about.)[/SIZE][/I] [CENTER][B][COLOR=#e74c3c][SIZE=36px]F.A.Q.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/CENTER]

[SIZE=36px][COLOR=#9b59b6]"I don't want to do anything/read shit, how do I just play?"[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Do nothing! It's an opt-out league, you're already signed up and in the draft. Just double-check the [URL="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UbMPJldZKEwRo8ntpbUb5uzZlQ-bcRqRXIvH4-R-GE4/edit?usp=sharing"]showrate page[/URL] and make sure your name is there. Show up Sundays starting May 8th play (draft is on May 1st).

[SIZE=9px][I]Note: If you haven't played leagues recently or been on much, sign up just be sure (contact me in-game or leave a post anywhere in cup forums), as I may remove unlikely to show star players like Ro, Trasher, etc.[/I][/SIZE]

[SIZE=36px][COLOR=#9b59b6]"I want to play with my friends, how do I do that?"[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Message me in-game and sign up a strong core for the draft (or convince them to draft you if you're not in the core.)

[SIZE=36px][COLOR=#9b59b6]"Do I have to play with the same team for all 3 cups?"[/COLOR][/SIZE]

No! All three leagues are completely separate. If you're on Dice in Basing Cup, Dice in Jav Cup is a separate entity and they are not related. You can be on Dice in Basing Cup and Pandora in Jav Cup (although such heresy is frowned upon.)

[SIZE=36px][COLOR=#9b59b6]"I only want to play 1 or 2 leagues, can I do that?"[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Yes! You can choose to play only 1 or 2 leagues. Opt out of 1, 2, or all 3 leagues. Submit a core in Jav Cup, get drafted in WB Cup, and opt out of Basing Cup if you want.

[SIZE=36px][COLOR=#9b59b6]"When does this start?"[/COLOR][/SIZE]

The main draft is [B]May 1st[/B], and the games start [B]May 8th[/B].

[SIZE=36px][COLOR=#9b59b6]"What are the Playoff dates?"[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Current projected playoff dates are: Semi-Finals on [B]June 12th[/B], and Finals on [B]June 19th[/B].

[SIZE=36px][COLOR=#9b59b6]"Are the drafts separate? Won't that take too long?"[/COLOR][/SIZE]

All 3 drafts are separate, and will happen back-to-back-to-back. No, we will package lower-starred players together to keep the draft a reasonable length.

[SIZE=36px][COLOR=#9b59b6]"Which star ratings are you using?"[/COLOR][/SIZE]

The TWDT 2022 ratings, with 4-5 players who got slight bumps.

[SIZE=36px][COLOR=#9b59b6]"So the star cap is 45/45/73?"[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Probably. It's an estimate. You can see a more in-depth answer and how it will be calculated [URL="https://forums.trenchwars.com/forum/sscu-trench-wars-forums/dueling-cup/1358991-star-cap"]here[/URL]. We want to ensure the difference between the strongest core and weakest core's full line is no greater than 2* in WB/Jav, and 3* in Base, to ensure a competitive league that any drafting team can win.

We're positioning these Cups between TWL and TWDT -- similar to TWL in that you can play with your friends, but with TWDT elements like a draft and star cap to give it a much stronger element of inclusiveness and competitive balance.
    Last edited by ogron; 04-18-2022, 09:56 PM.
    top 100 basers list

Appreciate the explanations, oggie. I really am looking forward to this league, and hope others are as well. Great combination of TWL / TWDT with enough forgiveness to allow the majority of players into a (short) playoff. Should be fun. LFG.

[U][SIZE=10px][B](fkin HYPE)[/B][/SIZE][/U]
    zidane> big play
    Omega Red> dwop sick
    mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
    WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
    1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

Looks like basing is stacked so that's already over.

Comment

[QUOTE=Rab;n1359026]Looks like basing is stacked so that's already over. [/QUOTE]

Those aren't real lineups in his post, just examples. Cores can only be 5 players in base. Here are the current cores in Og's core thread:

1. [B]Ram Ranch[/B] -- Joeses, Markmrw, Frozen Throne, Banks, Ekko
        2. [B]Dice [/B]-- Cripple, Dwopple, Stayon, Zizu, Cig Smoke
        3. [B]Pandora[/B] -- Sarger, Mouse, Hellkite, Ogron, Zidane

Nothing too stacked in my opinion. Obviously sarger and hellkite are monsters, but everyone knows Mouse is washed up and couldn't pew pew his way out of a paper bag.
        Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
        Message has been sent to online moderators
        2:BLeeN> veh yes
        (Overstrand)>no
        2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
        2:BLeeN> ok then no
        :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
        (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

I assume gametimes will be as usual on Sundays?

Comment

Thanks for the break down Oggy
            CUP HYPE!~!
            1:Riverside> you guys eat schmores in america?

Comment

Ty 4 this

HYPE

Comment

TWDD CUP CORE Jessup, J-b-inc and Pawner. Ty for this
                TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

[QUOTE=Jessup;n1359045]TWDD CUP CORE Jessup, J-b-inc and Pawner. Ty for this[/QUOTE]

Someone took the "For Dummies" part too literally.

Comment

[QUOTE=Jessup;n1359045]TWDD CUP CORE Jessup, J-b-inc and Pawner. Ty for this[/QUOTE]

you'll have to submit a full team to WB Cup, as that line is not strong enough to captain a core that will be part of the draft.

i recommend getting 7-8 players together from Paladen. i'll add your group to cores sheet as a non-drafting team.
                    top 100 basers list

Comment

[QUOTE=ogron;n1359048]

you'll have to submit a full team to WB Cup, as that line is not strong enough to captain a core that will be part of the draft.

i recommend getting 7-8 players together from Paladen. i'll add your group to cores sheet as a non-drafting team.[/QUOTE]

The draft with my core could easily resolve any weaknesses compared to other cores. All 3 of these people have captained TWL and played for years. What is a "strong" core to you? This was an open ended statement that seems to have bias involved. How is allowing Paladen to join with 7 players but at the same time getting removed from the community draft even fair or logical? I appeal this decision.
                      TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                      TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

[USER="3589"]Jessup[/USER] the idea is that you start with a super strong core and then draft weak players, not the other way around. There's currently only one warbird core signed up:

1. Rage -- RaCka, Lockdown, Turban

Now, you plan to roll in with you, pawner and jb inc. Even if you get to draft two warbirds of your choice, do you think your line will be competitive?

You still can play with your core, just not in the "main" league. Its not specifically against you so please don't try to turn it into that. Ogrons genuinely just trying to force some parity while letting some strong players squad with their friends. ​​​​​​
                        (Overstrand)>no

Comment

[QUOTE=Vehicle;n1359053][USER="3589"]Jessup[/USER] the idea is that you start with a super strong core and then draft weak players, not the other way around. There's currently only one warbird core signed up:

1. Rage -- RaCka, Lockdown, Turban

Now, you plan to roll in with you, pawner and jb inc. Even if you get to draft two warbirds of your choice, do you think your line will be competitive?

You still can play with your core, just not in the "main" league. Its not specifically against you so please don't try to turn it into that. Ogrons genuinely just trying to force some parity while letting some strong players squad with their friends. ​​​​​​
                          [/QUOTE]

I'd like to make a core and participate in the draft. I fail to see how this is an issue. The 3 of us don't have to start together every match together and I assume we would be drafting 5 or more other warbirds.

What is this "main" league? Aren't all cores participating in the same draft for each cup division? Ogron was saying there would be star value limits placed on stronger cores and giving more star value picks for lesser core strengths. I'm just trying to participate.
                          TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                          TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

[QUOTE=Vehicle;n1359053][USER="3589"]Jessup[/USER] the idea is that you start with a super strong core and then draft weak players, not the other way around.
                            [/QUOTE]
                            quote of the tournament. :cool:

Comment

[USER="3589"]Jessup[/USER] The point of the "cores" is that you will be the starters for your team. Think of it as forming half a squad and then drafting the rest of your team. To make the season fun, Ogron is trying to artificially force some level of parity.

There's already one core and it's RaCka, Lockdown and Turban. In order to sign up as a core, your group of three would have to be able to compete against those 3 on paper. Could you be part of a core? Probably. But you need to find two 9*/10* players to sign up with you.

As for what the difference between the main and secondary league is: The secondary league doesn't really matter and is basically just scheduled TWD games on the weekend as far as I know. It's a way to let cores of non-competitive players still have scheduled game times. I'm personally not a fan of B leagues as I don't think we have the population for it, but it's basically an effort at inclusion.

(Overstrand)>no

Comment

Working...
                              X