Elim Skins NOW LIVE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elim Skins NOW LIVE!

This has been a while in the making, but skins in elimination have finally arrived! Everyone who placed top 25 in a season since season 7 can now use the bronze skin for the ship he got the placement with. Top 10 gets access to the silver and bronze skin, and top 3 to the gold, silver and bronze skin.

To use a skin you need to PM robo ref with !skin <ship#>:<skin#>
    so :robo ref:!skin 1:2 would set your skin preference for warbird to silver.
    By default your skin is set to default skin.

For everyone who'd rather use default graphics, here's how you can change your graphics back to normal.

First you need to create a new folder in Continuum/zones/SCCU Trench Wars/ called elim. Your continuum folder can either be found at C:\:/Program Files (x86)/Continuum, C:/Users/<windowsusername>/AppData/Local/VirtualStore/Program Files (x86)/Continuum, or C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Continuum for default windows installs. In there you can paste your own ship graphics. The next time you start continuum it will override the graphics from the arena. The warbird skins are tied to ship 1, 3, 4, and 5. For javelin this is ship 2, 6, 7, and 8. The files you need to put into the elim folder are: ships.bmp, wbroll.bmp, weroll.bmp, teroll.bmp, sproll.bmp, shroll.bmp, lvroll.bmp, nwroll.bmp, jvroll.bmp, junkjv.bmp, junklv.bmp, junknw.bmp, junksh.bmp, junksp.bmp, junkte.bmp, junkwb.bmp, junkwe.bmp. You can skip all the junk and roll files if you have those disabled in settings. Make sure that ships.bmp has the same graphics for all 4 ships of wb and jav, or not if you want to spice things up a bit.

If the above sounds too daunting or you can't be bothered to do all this, Turban has kindly provided a ZIP file with all the default graphics compatible with elim (here). All you have to do is paste them in the elim folder you made in the previous steps.

Custom ships.bm2 edited for elim
    ships.bm2 with aiming dot edited by claushouse
    ships.bm2 turban dark style

For further help you can PM or message me in-game, or leave a post.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by BIET; 07-28-2019, 06:39 PM.

looks cool, thanks!
    top 100 basers list

Comment

If you use the normal ships.bm2, it turns the gold/silver/bronze ships into terrs and other ships on-screen which is annoying.

I've created a replacement, save this image and change the .png to .bm2 and use that as your elim folder replacement, it will leave you with nothing but wbs and javs with a little red dot in front of the nose.

cheers!

top 100 basers list

Comment

I downloaded the zip file linked and put the files in my graphics folder. My game was completely EFFED after I did that. Javelins were Lancasters, Warbirds were Levis, Terriers were 1/2 Warbirds (would turn to WB when I turned the ship). Even my chat was missing! It was a hot mess of LOL and I had to completely uninstall and delete Subspace and DL and reinstall it to fix the problem.

DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE SKINS.

Shout-out to Gypsi for helping me last night. They're great.

Comment

Working...
        X