Subspace reputations.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subspace reputations.

Okay, picture it. You have the day off school, theres not enough people in TW to host anything worthwhile. What do you do? This. I had two thoughts on whether to write this because I risk sounding like an Awesome or your other average subspace whiner for no reasoner. But I will because my fingers are itching to write and I better excercise my brain a little bit by trying to spell 95% of the words in this post right.

I'm not as active as I used to be, but in my rare prescence in elim or baseelim, I still hear people flaming or mistreating people because they have been playing longer than them, or have been on a 'elite' squad. Okay, this is a 2d spaceship game, it doesn't really matter if someone calls you a newbie but then I would have to transfer the arguement accross. Okay, this is a 2d spaceship game, why do I need to call people newbies?

Harmless fun. Taunting.
    Well, do people call each other newbies or whatever because it patronises their opponent and adds extra fun to the game. In some cases, probably yes. But I fail to believe this is the only reason for namecalling in this game.

I've played Counter-Strike, I've been a member plus on Zone.com for around 2-3 years, but never have I seen such so-called hatred on any game.

Insecurity.
    You're a newbie, because I'm a) Older than you, b) Been playing longer than you. c) On a better squad than you. When in reality, it's more like a) You're a newbie because I am picked on in real life and I need to take my anger out on someone. Perhaps? I know you're average subspace hardcore gangster rebels such as DEA will disagree with me. 'I only spam people with newbie because it annoys others' Really? I put it to you, DEA and others: (Sorry for using you as an example DEA but you really do spring to mind) that you abuse other players as a way of getting your own back because a) You've spent 3+ years of your life on this game, b) You were picked on. c) You hate life and you are possibly suicidal.

No meaning.
    'The word newbie, no longer has any meaning' - It is so overused, that calling someone a newbie is almost an obsurd way of saying 'nice shot' or 'I'll get ya next time', I can refer to this; in my short-lived rebellion subspace days which involved pretending to be a PubBot, Excessive use of newbie and other derogetry phrases amongst other misdemeanors which I'd rather not go into I often called other people newbies. Just because it came habit, I think I even had it set as a macro once. It just automatically happened, I killed someone and said ez newbie or something like that. The word had no meaning, this is what I believe people call it other people for.

Reputations
    I see others, especially on these forums accusing people of using their reputation to try and act cool or get onto squads, I also want your discussions on this. Are SS reputations really valid? Or again are they just something to settle insecurity?

But, not everyone can be generalized so that we can explain why people so frequently use this word. But I want to know your opinions, I haven't started a thread in a while which is another reason on why I created this one. If you have nothing constructive to say, please don't say it at all. If I wanted to hear stupid no brain comments I'd go to any council estate in Coventry or Birmingham. Remember I'm 14 so penalisation on my grammar is not too fair! :P
    Last edited by Dim; 10-21-2004, 09:25 AM.
    EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
    cool koen> :)
    PRiMORDiAL> pfft
    cool koen> not because of a bug
    EvoLd> Lol
    Treachery> meh
    EvoLd> why then?
    PubAceR> women in power dont last
    EvoLd> LOl
    toaster oven reviews

But I want to be on pallies! I want the cool pallies people to like meh!
    Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

From the large link on Dim's sig:

"Life was always meant to be easy..... We just forget now and then!"... hilarious
      Gotta love cheesy no-logic adverts

Comment

I know, and it was the worth $15 I ever spent, only got $5 of it back. Oh well we all learn lessons, at least you clicked it. :P
        PRiMORDiAL> pfft
        EvoLd> Lol
        Treachery> meh
        EvoLd> why then?
        EvoLd> LOl
        toaster oven reviews

Comment

I think that, over time, events (both good and bad) will be forgotten and names will be remembered. Combine that with "Negative media attention is also media attention" and you get yourself a reputation.
          Extremists will ofcourse still be remembered by their events aswell, whereas the incidental teamkiller/spammer won't be remembered at all
          Put your nose up and shake your rear, spread your wings out, have no fear

Comment

Originally posted by dimboy2
            I know, and it was the worth $15 I ever spent, only got $5 of it back. Oh well we all learn lessons, at least you clicked it. :P
            'salt';wkerl;aey09374096yujdkifjiohgd7ah9082y3pi5h uy208qeabd67s8w5y23itjglwkeay8093uy5jhyk5emnkl64ur e5jnthresmhblkzdpobj24y35y7u4o5ayup3j4692qtw3jlgkh wiuygf97eaywtg983h4otghdpoiubvhxjkbnkjlrh08964l5.j yru4';5ui4'u4p'6up'45u'5'ipu3p'o7y2347'y2g;df;g;ds fg;3;y;ou3;nerhieidon6kly34nhlykl45jylk4jes098b54i 0nyikemd
            Originally posted by Ward
            OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

I hope my reputation is that of a badass detective with an awesome car, and a heart of gold, that tends to get myself into strange situations... with sexy results.
              "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

my word processor said you have 98% of the words right.
                5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                5: Da1andonly> =((
                5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Which ones did I get wrong?
                  PRiMORDiAL> pfft
                  EvoLd> Lol
                  Treachery> meh
                  EvoLd> why then?
                  EvoLd> LOl
                  toaster oven reviews

Comment

All online games have people playing them, and with them, a reputation that others bestow upon them based on how well they type, how they play the game, and how friendly/unfriendly they are. Some people don't like the reputation that is bestowed upon them because they don't stand out, so they have to make a ruckus and make US change what they think about them in all the wrong ways possible.
                    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                    Failure teaches success.

Comment

thank god everyone already knows i'm totally fucking radical
                      PLEASE, DON'T BE MISGUIDED...YA BITIN'. AND I'MA HAVE TA DIS YA, UNDERSTAND MISTA?

Comment

Everyone knows i try to keep my reputation as high as possible

ahahahaha
                        8:I Hate Cookies> a gota dágua foi quando falei q eu tinha 38 anos e estava apaixonado por uma garota, mas a família dela n deixava agente namorar
                        8:I Hate Cookies> aí quando todo mundo me apoiou falando q o amor supera tudo, falei q a garota tinha 12 anos
                        8:I Hate Cookies> aí todos mudaram repentinamente de opinião falando q eu era um pedófilo
                        8:AnImoL> esses amigos falsos
                        8:SCHOPE NORRIS> o amor supera tudo. da até pra esperar a puberdade
                        8:I Hate Cookies> sim... fiquei desiludido schope...

Comment

PJ, be my friend..

PJ is awfully close to OJ.. hrm.. connection?
                          Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

newbies.
                            [edit:] especially pearl jam
                            sage

Comment

wow you're awfully insightful for a 14 year old.
                              thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Working...
                              X