Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So What Are Staff Working On These Days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frankly, I'd rather have a guy speak in proper language as a person who represents the professionalism of staff at all times than someone who would feel the need to be everyone's "pal" for their sake because if he agreed with you, he'd believe that there are players who are too lazy to comprehend professional language. The average Joe, even if they don't say anything, would expect a face-of-staff to speak to them in educated language because it reflects those standards held by those who run the game. So in a way, his background in politics makes him fit for the job, but don't let your disillusionment with politics color your expectations of the standards for communication between staff and players in this game.

Originally posted by Exalt View Post
    Honestly, I don't have much against Azov except for his obvious love for power and the way he talks to players, which is far too politician like rather than as a peer or a friend. Friends don't talk the way he does, and nobody at all likes a politician, not even themselves.

I won't quote everything, but read this introduction speech:

I mean... As a PR Rep, the job is to not only communicate things staff are doing to the players for transparency (which I think anyone in this game could do that, aside from maybe 2pacZ), but also to RELATE to players on a peer to peer playing field. This doesn't mean speak unprofessional in official posts, but this also doesn't mean speak like a politician.

My thought is honestly that anyone that can write like that in a 2d online space game forum and feel that it is acceptable language, they just don't get it. If he understood the bolded part of that quote (community politics), he'd understand not to speak like that. None of us are morons who don't understand the language, but I'm not at work right now. I don't want to speak to someone as if I'm speaking to a corporate executive, let alone a senator. The amount of shit he already got for that post was indicative enough. That being said, I'll let him grow into the position, but I find it hard to have faith in someone that has screwed up on multiple levels in other positions of power.

Mainly, people that strive for power for the sake of power are not the ones we need driving this ship. That's never worked in the past, and being "nice" to people and refusing to fire them from positions means you are allowing the mistakes of the past to continue unabated, simply due to having a conscience. The problem is, I'm sure your conscience would be far more troubled if the game died on your watch (despite the fact that you've been given a sinking ship, and the previous SYSOPs didn't step down before it hit the iceburg).

I don't know, I'll leave Azov alone, since he did a good job of ignoring the hate mail that anyone would receive in his position (I'm not sure I'd ignore it totally if it were me, but I'm sure I'd still be able to act professional while silencing my critics). I guess having the ability to withstand adversity is a good thing. I just hope he learns from his past mistakes and he learns how to communicate better. There is a difference between writing posts that have truth in them and actually communicating the truth to the players. You don't have to be a communications professor to understand that.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs View Post
      lol mb because i was a little drunk and defensive.... but yeah, the point of pub is self-explanatory, really there is "no point" other than capture the flag / kill the baddies

but now that im a little more sober, i actually think you have a point here - for instance, it would be neat to see a way to implement rewards for squads that priv freq, like if there's more than 4 players on a priv freq all on the same squad, bot would increase their earnings by a factor of 1.5. it would encourage squads to pub when nothing else was going on, and it might encourage pubbies to get interesting in joining one of these squads for the pubbing bonuses. i dunno!!
      If I may drop a opinionated opinion
      along with maybe an Idea?

First up why not only 2 main freq's 1 turret freq and as many as want on their own freq but no squads going in and dominate in pub for hours normally I just fly around the bottom of the map when this happens but its up to yall
      Maybe if there were more structure in how teams in pub are handled might get more people on each freq and in base basein
      True the last bit about everyone can pick their own freq is abit.. so i fly alone alot lol

Not sure if earnings would make a big deal to old players might to new ppl
      the =99 freq doesnt get me to chase terrs too often

Terr turret is fun
      Base with a terr is fun without is pointless
      Spawn points..... they seem diff maybe its just me but.... whats with your last kill spawning right next to where ever you are lol? maybe just my head
      and i guess last maybe a new flag competition or something to get more people involved?
      ramble end-

Comment

Working...
      X