Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signing Bonus?

So, I'm joining the Navy. OHSHI-

Anyway. Does the Navy offer a signing bonus? I know the Army does, but well.

Navy.com hasn't told me anything...

Does anyone know?
    "I wanted to buy a candle holder, but the store didn't have one. So I got a cake."

-RIP Mitch Hedberg

Recruitment offices for each branch of the military have quotas they are supposed to meet each fiscal year. Recruiters are like fishermen, and if the fish are biting then they can keep their cheap lures on. If the deadline is close, and the quotas are not met the fisherman throw on their $$$ lures (sign on bonus) to get the catch. Each office has a piggy bank of how much they can spend, but they can also request for more.

Don't do what I did and just sign up and be on your way. I was too easy and was not even offered a sign on bonus for the marine corps. So get in there and haggle with the guy. There are a lot of benefits that NEED to be signed up for while you are making your contract and before you are actually in. So make sure you get the whole deal before you commit. I missed out on an EXTRA $20,000 or so for college because I didnt even know about it.

The army offered me $25,000 to join them when I got out of the marines. the Air Force was afraid to contact me, and the Navy said they would promote me and give me $13,000. The Marines just said I might be able to keep my rank.

Join the corps!

Comment

you most likely will only find signing bonuses on jobs no one wants. Air force tried to offer me like 12000 for linguist, but thats gotta be boring as fuck so I turned it down. They also have bonuses for combat control, pararescue, and other high-risk jobs. Navy I'm sure has better and more bonuses because it is a smaller branch..you should probably ask your recruiter for more info on them, and exalt might even know since he just joined not too long ago
      I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
      I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Thanks guys.

I'm scheduled to talk with a recruiter Monday (I might sign up as well - I've been to the office before and have asked many questions).

Anyway, I'll remember to ask lots of financial questions when I go. XD
        "I wanted to buy a candle holder, but the store didn't have one. So I got a cake."

-RIP Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by SaucyKing
          Thanks guys.

I'm scheduled to talk with a recruiter Monday (I might sign up as well - I've been to the office before and have asked many questions).

Anyway, I'll remember to ask lots of financial questions when I go. XD

before you go to MEPS and sign up, actually talk to me first about what your recruiter told you... all recruiters lie, they actually go to training on it how to bend the truth enough to not be a lie but not be the truth... fucked up how it works... just ask me first... and yes navy has sign on bonuses... its all regional based... depending on how many people of the certain rate your area gets, you might get more or less
          RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
          RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Fucking BOO BOO, man, you show the world your nautical prowess.

Comment

Working...
            X