Flatscreen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flatscreen

Yes I know I've had a lot of tech support threads, but oh well...

Right, I'm going to buy a 17inch TFT monitor, that much is definite.

My maximum price is about £160 (~$280) (including VAT and Shipping) and I am going to buy it from ebuyer.com.

There's a few I've shortlisted, and I know choosing between them probably won't make a MAJOR difference, I'd like to know if there's any anyone recommends over any of the others.

ACER AL1716S
    My housemate has one of these, it's very nice, prices in at about £140. Has free shipping.

ACER AL1715MS
    Seems to be pretty much the same specs (some places say this one is 450:1 CR, others say it's 500:1). (Also, some of the customer reviews say it's now 8ms, instead of the 12ms it says on the site) It's about £10 than the one above. Is it worth it? I know the speakers won't be great, but the main reason I'm getting a flatscreen is to save space and have a tidier desk, so one with speakers would be cool. The speakers I currently have were about £10 ($17.50), so would the ones in the monitor be worse than those?

Relisys TL766B
    This one's about the same price as the first, also has speakers. I don't think I've heard of Relisys so I'm not too sure about this one...

Philips 170C6FS
    This one seems pretty nice, same price as the Acer one with speakers. It's 8ms, 500:1 etc... Also won some PC pro award or some shit.

PROVIEW MA-782KC
    This one's another 8ms one, it's about £15 ($26) cheaper than the rest, but I don't know if it's worth it, as I've never heard of proview.

I think that's it. There's probably a few more if you go to ebuyer.com and look at their 17inch TFTs.

Any sort of guidance is welcome, thanks.

(and please don't say get a CRT, they're better. I am well aware of the advantages/disadvantages)
    USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
    ---A few minutes later---
    9:cool koen> you scorereseted
    9:Kim> UM
    9:Kim> i didn't
    9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
    9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
    9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
    9:pascone> lol?
Working...
X