Greatest TWDT-J Seasons of All-Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greatest TWDT-J Seasons of All-Time

The best regular seasons of all-time in TWDT-J, adjusted for season length.

GameScore is the best way to judge Scoring Races, and is simply Kills + Plus-Minus.

Last edited by ogron; 07-06-2020, 01:13 PM.
    top 100 basers list

Thanks for doing these things Ogron. How is the rating calculated for people with less than 10 games played?

Comment

Not surprised Ease and RaCka finished first in their respective ship, undoubdetly the bests

Comment

you are missing season 15 by the way.. which are below, last post by uprise in the below thread

https://forums.trenchwars.com/forum/...v-scoring-race

i finished #1

Comment

Originally posted by zidane View Post
          you are missing season 15 by the way.. which are below, last post by uprise in the below thread

https://forums.trenchwars.com/forum/...v-scoring-race

i finished #1
          Ah, thanks, was the only season I was missing. Added it to the sheet.

Originally posted by uprise
          Thanks for doing these things Ogron. How is the rating calculated for people with less than 10 games played?
          Everything is converted to a 10 game season, including 14 game seasons.

14gp (100% confidence)
          13gp (100% confidence)
          12gp (100% confidence)
          11gp (100% confidence)
          10gp
          9gp (98% confidence)
          8gp (95% confidence)
          7gp (90% confidence)
          6gp (80% confidence)
          5gp (60% confidence)

It's a hard calculus to make. The highest GameScore per game in jav and wb are:

Ease (23.3 in 6gp)
          Apok (21.6 in 7gp)
          Apok (21.7 in 6gp)

Nobody has gotten over 21 gamescore with over 10gp, which seems to tell me that 6 and 7 games shouldn't be given 100% confidence as it seems the statistical sample size is a wee bit too small. The counter argument would be that Racka maintained 20.5 gamescore over 14gp in WB and Ease maintained 20.3 in 10gp, but that's still below those apexes.

While it is unfortunate given a lot of seasons were 7 games to only give them 90%, I feel like -10% clipping is justified, but again it's hard to gauge.

TWDT is just a better and more competitive league now than it was then, so I think it's fine. Elite players take it more serious, I expect bigger and better scores now than then. There were a lot of really atrocious captains and forfeited games in the past. I think I did a better job with TWDT-J than the TWDT-D one, as I went out of my way to identify forfeited games and compensated players with a 10-8 score as it is too crippling in 7 game seasons to be bogged down by a missed game. 10-8 is still below all the top players averages so I think that's a fair compromise to make sure great seasons aren't shot down by forfeits.
          top 100 basers list

Comment

Working...
          X