This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "Mouse trade" interference and punishment thread

Due to Mouse's interference with Ekko and Tiny's trade, the trade request has been VOIDED.

As a result of the trade interference and threats of refusing to play, the following punishments will be levied against Mouse:

• Mouse will be allowed to continue playing this DT season
    • 1 season DT ban, applied to the next DT season**
    • 1 season TW Basing Cup ban*

*This punishment is eligible to be DROPPED at the conclusion of this season so long as Mouse plays out this DT season normally and without further interference, incidents involving league ops or refusal to play for their captain.

**EDIT 12/13/2023 -- TWDT League Ops agreed 1 week after this decision to work with Mouse on improving his sportsmanship and allow him to earn reducing his punishment to a WARNING. Mouse fulfilled his part of the deal and neither the next season ban, or TW Basing Cup ban will be enforced.

Both Ekko and Tiny can propose a new trade with Mouse included, but the previous one will remain voided.

I will keep this thread open but it will be heavily monitored and closed if it gets out of hand. Please do not post in the official trade thread to discuss this topic.

Last edited by Dwopple; 12-13-2023, 05:35 PM.
    zidane> big play
    Omega Red> dwop sick
    mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
    WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
    1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

My suggestion would be to remove Mouse from this season and giving him a competitive league ban spanning two seasons. I highly doubt he will even show for his team with two guaranteed competitive bans looming in the near future which means his team will pretty much fucked without any help.

I feel it would be better to offer Tiny a proper replacement to ensure his team remains competitive in basing. This could be finding a direct replacement from players who have yet to sign up (would have to get approved by other draft captains) or alternatively utilizing the free agency draft giving him extra picks and/or guaranteed first pick depending on the player pool available while removing free agency tax from that replacement player.

Other alternative would be to give him a stern warning and not issuing any bans, but should he pull off anything like this again then no mercy.

.. and yes, I am aware these seem like very controversial opinions based on the reactions I saw from RaCka and Dwopple, but felt the need to still post it here. I am not planning on taking part in this edition of draft tournament so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Comment

I never not show for games and I have been traded to some super shit teams. I cant fight about this anymore but I dont veto any trades and my refusal to play was out of context because of fighting with Dwopple about not playing Dts. I dont refuse to play or trade so I shouldnt be banned when asked today (less then 12 hours from a generalized i dont wanna play dt rage post) I said I would accept being traded

I appeal this ban

Comment

Honestly it's disgusting that someone on mouse's team is allowed to punish him for his actions using the things he said in frustration among his teammates in a somewhat private environment against him. It sounds to me like Mouse got upset because his team played poorly and went off because he's mentally unstable (which happens every season of every league). Dwopple should absolutely not be allowed to be involved in this decision in any way as a teammate and possibly the most biased person that exists in this scenario and idk if the decision was actually made by him but the fact that he made this thread is an atrocious look

I still don't like Mouse but this makes me sick
        Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

Mouse talks some shit in the heat of the moment after getting stomped, and is banned from DT in less than 24 hours? I see 20 people yelling at this guy on discord, 90% of whom are not involved in the trade, but more likely have a personal bone to pick.
          Originally posted by Dwopple View Post
          As a result of the trade interference and threats of refusing to play
          Are these two offenses?

Was Mouse officially inquired about his participation, or advised on the outcome of refusing to play, prior to this decision?

Originally posted by DT Season 28 Rules
          Threatening a captain prior to the draft of not showing or refusing to play for them after being picked will constitute an immediate warning.
          Last edited by daresound; 10-23-2023, 06:17 PM.
          1:Sir Spider> you gotta kinda drag it out of him a little bit
          1:Sir Spider> but once you do he just explodes
          1:Sir Spider> at least on me
          1:Sir Spider> ...no homo

Comment

Agree with beam that there is a bias with having dwopple in this decision (no disrespect to dwopple).

- past history in these scenarios have rarely been to ban someone and generally lead to a warning so it seems overdone to ban someone for a post-game rage fest

- vys literally blocked a trade 2 seasons ago (I traded vys for saiyan) by saying he’s not playing and got “REMOVED” from the league INSTEAD of a warning for refusing to play. He subsequently missed multiple weeks.

I say this not to bash vys but just to compare outcomes of a similar circumstance.

- Mouse has acknowledged he was wrong (albeit with poor excuses which is consistent with his past behavior of being a shithead and then apologizing the next day) and should get a strong firm warning with a ban if it happens again.

- it looks sketchy to hold him hostage in “playing seriously or else get banned from basing cup.” A very subjective interpretation that could be disputed and set a poor precedent for future infarctions.
            In game alias: mvp

twdt-b 2017 finalist
            twlb 2020 and 2023 champ cheerleader
            twdt-b 2020 and 2021 champ

Comment

the worst part of all this is that dwopple as a teammate made an unheard of punishment that basically says "if you don't try your hardest as my teammate for the rest of this dt your punishment becomes more severe" this is such an absolute abuse of power
              Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

Hello. I strongly feel that this ban should not be enforced. Mouse should be given a warning and granted a one time exception. He has been traded in previous draft tournaments and has always shown up and given his all for his team. This is the type of player we need to keep around and he has stated he would play for the team he has been traded to. He was having a rough night and I was unaware of that and pushed him and Tiny to make the trade as I was also fired up after the outcome of Sundays games.

Also I am willing to go through with the trade of Mouse for Cape if the ban will be revoked.
                absurd> havnt seen ekko miss in 20 mins;\

Comment

My take from the rules are that while the league runners have a final say in various situations, a public warning's the first step and very important for legitimate use of power. Threat->warning->result (hopefully changed action).

Emotions running high is understandable and a great part of this continuum thing. ​​​Having a waiting period after a warning might be useful, also on the basis that as same-time players and rule-makers-and-enforcers everyone would be subject to some bias.

Comment

Originally posted by Ekk0 View Post
                    He has been traded in previous draft tournaments and has always shown up and given his all for his team.
                    He fucks over his first team so they have no choice but to trade him. It's not the first time.

If anything this ban isn't harsh enough. If something had been done on previous occurrences it would be clear now it's about a 3rd or 4th offense and we'd be talking permaban from twdt.

I would boot Mouse from this season now and try to compensate Tiny some other way.
                    (e.g. give Tiny an FA pick now, he picks a player, he can keep them or trade them)

Comment

I think it's on the captain if they rely on a character that is known to either mvp a game or projectile vomit oral hazmat 5 diarrhea and implode the team. Pick / don't pick.

Comment

Originally posted by brethal View Post
                        I think it's on the captain if they rely on a character that is known to either mvp a game or projectile vomit oral hazmat 5 diarrhea and implode the team. Pick / don't pick.
                        I have a feeling Mouse did this to Tiny before too, but couldn't be bothered to dig through the forum history to prove it.

Another related observation this season:
                        we can do a better job of putting notes next to players on the signup sheet, and persisting the notes between seasons.
                        e.g. a note that I can't play wb because of res limit, a record of a player's previous bans, etc.
                        If we do a half-decent job of that it should improve future drafts and reduce future drama/surprises.
                        Future Rab thanks you.

Comment

I feel that one major issue is that TWDT is very unclear about their rules especially when it comes to player misconduct. It would be better to have scaling punishments where offenses are clearly stated thus eliminating the need to make decisions on the fly.

In my eyes this punishment seems disproportionate in relation to offenses such as manipulating initial draft outcome by faking activity rates or outright refusing to play for some captains both of which results in a warning first before action is taken by league operators.

Comment

fake activity rates - 5 season ban
                            refusing to play - 3 season ban
                            repeatedly losing games to get traded over several seasons - lifetime ban

seems proportionate to me.

Comment

Rab I havnt fucked over any team Im on besides being toxic. I have never not shown for a team and half the time im traded to a shittier team. I was on Tinys team last DT and we did well. Joe literally has a log of me saying im trolling when this shit was going down cuz I was annoyed as shit. I didnt even know a player could block a trade because literally captains go around asking "would you play for me" because people not showing up for bad teams is so common. I was literally trolling because Tinys team at that moment was the last team I wanted to be on knowing he just traded me. Thats y I was shit talking about only playing for tinys team. Now I have to play on a team where two people voted for this ban why the fuck would I want that. Plus I said all this publicly so its not like i was trying to actually block the trade or be manipulative because uhhh ya that would be what half the community does and gets unbanned for. This ban is just abusive and essentially ops made up rules to ban me without even a warning about what I was doing. I honestly didnt think I had anything to do with the trade process especially since ekko was willing to trade for me anyway as he texted me later when I was saying I feel like quitting cuz he knows I do this on repeat. I try to explain that I do this because Im fucked in the head not because Im trying to manipulate my team.

In a normal league or like in real life the only way a player can block a trade is if they have a no movement clause. Me not wanting to play after a bad day shouldnt be bannable. If I ran the league I would warn behavior like mine when a trade is in the works and then force the O.G trade to happen. Problem solved not with this punishment which forces me to play or get further banning on top of another ban. Now wtf happens if I play bad for a game am I going to get accused of trolling? What if I have to miss some games will i be banned from cup?
                              Last edited by MousE; 10-24-2023, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X