Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TWL Season 24 Squads

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by Dwopple View Post

    Just posted!

    To address the few posts asking about a 10-squad LJ / LB I did consider it earlier in the week depending on effort and interest from squads who hadn't qualified. Ultimately, I decided against this as there just was not a lot of push from the teams trying to qualify, and the vets I spoke to on SPASTIC indicated they were not interested having the squad participate in TWLB. It would have been nice, but the risk for mid-late season match forfeitures was just too high with 10 teams in those divisions.
    I appreciate the consideration the very least. I disagree with you on not doing it though and view it the exact opposite. The folks on my team and other teams that only made LD qualifiers are already committed to showing up on Sundays. I think there will be less interest to show every single sunday if it's just for LD whereas if we could LJ/LB more folks would want to stick around and participate. For Wolf especially, half our roster doesn't like to warbird. So what are they going to do? They're going to quit playing I can already imagine mid-season if we are losing every game and can only play warbird, you'll be seeing forfeits from us just due to lack of subs once half or more stop logging in.

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by Grasps View Post

      I appreciate the consideration the very least. I disagree with you on not doing it though and view it the exact opposite. The folks on my team and other teams that only made LD qualifiers are already committed to showing up on Sundays. I think there will be less interest to show every single sunday if it's just for LD whereas if we could LJ/LB more folks would want to stick around and participate. For Wolf especially, half our roster doesn't like to warbird. So what are they going to do? They're going to quit playing I can already imagine mid-season if we are losing every game and can only play warbird, you'll be seeing forfeits from us just due to lack of subs once half or more stop logging in.
      I know you're disappointed in this decision, but the same risk for forfeiture would have been true, at some point, for 3 divisions instead of 1 if things weren't going Wolf's way in any division.

      That said, I was present all last week and this week in-game watching TWD challenges come through, and the only challenges I saw coming from Wolf, with the exception of Sunday, were for TWDDs. I carried over Shiggymon's TWDD qualifying rounds for LD when you guys switched to Wolf, and kept track of qualifying matches played for LJ and LB, but there were no JD matches played (out of a total 5) that could have counted towards qualifying for LJ, and zero BDs played. Wolf shows 3 total JDs played (none are qualifying eligible) and again, zero BDs played. I took all of that into account when making this decision from a risk perspective for the entire league, and wasn't something personal against Wolf.

      I may have some options for you regarding Wolf's current TWL Roster limit (7), though. PM me in game!

      TW EVENTS HOSTING - Player Appreciation Wall
      12-13-2020 - Mythril> was only planning to logon for 5 min, been eventing for 4hrs ty
      1:Chief Utsav> LOL
      1:Rule> we dont do that here.

      cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by Dwopple View Post

        I know you're disappointed in this decision, but the same risk for forfeiture would have been true, at some point, for 3 divisions instead of 1 if things weren't going Wolf's way in any division.

        That said, I was present all last week and this week in-game watching TWD challenges come through, and the only challenges I saw coming from Wolf, with the exception of Sunday, were for TWDDs. I carried over Shiggymon's TWDD qualifying rounds for LD when you guys switched to Wolf, and kept track of qualifying matches played for LJ and LB, but there were no JD matches played (out of a total 5) that could have counted towards qualifying for LJ, and zero BDs played. Wolf shows 3 total JDs played (none are qualifying eligible) and again, zero BDs played. I took all of that into account when making this decision from a risk perspective for the entire league, and wasn't something personal against Wolf.

        I may have some options for you regarding Wolf's current TWL Roster limit (7), though. PM me in game!
        That information isn't correct. We had 2 JD's with Wolf and 5 JD's on Shiggymon (that never got carried over). We also got a BD in verse Accuracy with 5 members in. It was just so hard to get squads to verse ours man.

        Our BD

        2 JD's for WOLF


        5 JD's for SHIGGYMON


        If nothing else, I feel like Wolf should at very least get to participate in javelin no? Like I said, a good portion of my squad isn't even here to play warbird. All those folks will end up quitting. We did a total of 7 JD's. Base I can understand but still, there's proof we were interested and tried to get basing games..

        Edit: Realized what you meant, that some weren't eligible. Our bd was eligible though. Even still..that sucks man! You can see we were getting games though, I don't think my captains understood what it took to make games eligible.

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by Grasps View Post
          I don't think my captains understood what it took to make games eligible.
          No offense, but this was extremely basic stuff and everyone else knew about it. How didn't your captains know?

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by Exalt View Post

            No offense, but this was extremely basic stuff and everyone else knew about it. How didn't your captains know?
            Absolutely! I hope you can imagine the frustration on my end.

            Comment

            Working...
            X