This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposed/Demanded Roster Increase For Hard Lock

I am demanding and will not accept anything but a roster increase to a minimum of 15 players for 3 league squidrins once the hard lock goes into place.

Its not reasonable to have set in stone roster of 13 players for 3 league squidrins for the remaining 8+ weeks of the season if a team goes to the finals. You cant expect most people to be online for 3+ hours every sunday and have perfect attendance. What happens if a 3 league squidrin has 2-4 people that can't make it one weekend. They shouldn't be at risk of forfeiting because of a few absences. Ripitish got fkd by this at the end of last season where we had 2 people who couldn't make it, 1 person quit, and 2 people ligged. Had to vs base 6/7 vs 8 in the last week. I also added a player to the roster before the hard lock who said he had no lag issues then ended up lagging and not being able to play for the rest of the season. Things happen

What I am demanding is an increase of roster size to 15-17 the week of the hard lock. The number is not too important just allow some extra spots.

IMPORTINT DISCLAIMER: I think teams should only be able to add people to the 15-17 man roster who haven't already been on a twl roster. For example I could add 4 ripitish who didn't make our original 13 man roster, but I couldnt retrief people from other squidrins. For example I could add Murd/Liz, but not Trasher/Booker000007

This might seem like am only looking at it from a ripitish point of view, which i am becuz i dun gif a fk about ne1 else, but you can't say wut i just propose doesnt make 100000% sense and if u dont do wut i say u r sum itilf hitilir. its not reasonable to have a locked in 13 persin rostir for 8+ weeks for 3 league squidrins.

furthirmore i dun care about non 3 league squidrins cuz if u don't try 2 vs all 3 leagues ther is 0 chince u cud do 50 gud pushups in a riw, but mayb 1 league girpige squidrins should haf rostir limit increased from 7 to 8 once the hard lock kicks in aswill.

if they r only allowed 7, wut happins if 2 ppl cant show one week, then 1 of their 5 ppl ligs out. seems pretty fkd

Comment

Decent idea and there's definitely a high risk that we will see some forfeits this season with such strict roster limits -- especially later in the season. I could support this as long as it's only for players who have not been on any TWL squads this season. With that extra requirement I don't think it would ruin the balance of the league.

Comment

yis only for ppl who havent been on any twl squids is wut am pripisink

Comment

furthirmore zidin said she was goink 2 do this last seasin n kept goink back n forth with it, eefin taking it to a vote by the ciptins in which every ciptin votid in favour of addink 1-2 roster spots 4 the hard lock. she told me she was goink 2 do it and then last second went bik on her wird cuz shis sum troll. cud only hope w/ pissibil non scumbig commisionirs that dwippil/vys do the right thing and increase to 15-17 ppl aftir hard lock for 3 league twl quidrins as long as the ppl hafint been on twl ristir alrdy

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
            Decent idea and there's definitely a high risk that we will see some forfeits this season with such strict roster limits -- especially later in the season. I could support this as long as it's only for players who have not been on any TWL squads this season. With that extra requirement I don't think it would ruin the balance of the league.
            make it happen for the 3 league squads

Comment

Originally posted by viop11 View Post
              I am demanding and will not accept anything but a roster increase to a minimum of 15 players for 3 league squidrins once the hard lock goes into place.

Its not reasonable to have set in stone roster of 13 players for 3 league squidrins for the remaining 8+ weeks of the season if a team goes to the finals. You cant expect most people to be online for 3+ hours every sunday and have perfect attendance. What happens if a 3 league squidrin has 2-4 people that can't make it one weekend. They shouldn't be at risk of forfeiting because of a few absences. Ripitish got fkd by this at the end of last season where we had 2 people who couldn't make it, 1 person quit, and 2 people ligged. Had to vs base 6/7 vs 8 in the last week. I also added a player to the roster before the hard lock who said he had no lag issues then ended up lagging and not being able to play for the rest of the season. Things happen

What I am demanding is an increase of roster size to 15-17 the week of the hard lock. The number is not too important just allow some extra spots.

IMPORTINT DISCLAIMER: I think teams should only be able to add people to the 15-17 man roster who haven't already been on a twl roster. For example I could add 4 ripitish who didn't make our original 13 man roster, but I couldnt retrief people from other squidrins. For example I could add Murd/Liz, but not Trasher/Booker000007

This might seem like am only looking at it from a ripitish point of view, which i am becuz i dun gif a fk about ne1 else, but you can't say wut i just propose doesnt make 100000% sense and if u dont do wut i say u r sum itilf hitilir. its not reasonable to have a locked in 13 persin rostir for 8+ weeks for 3 league squidrins.
              I'm fine with this too, and Rocket is only in 1 league, so it would potentially hurt us if Rapid or others gained extra wbs (for instance). I see this as a basing thing though, because that league requires the most players with very specific skillsets (terr/shark/etc) that don't really translate to other leagues.

If you guys want to make it even more specific just to stick to the spirit of the rules, you could possibly extend the roster limits for 3 league squads to 15 (or 17) only allow those last 2-4 slots to play base. It would help to not fuck over wb/jav focused squads to allow more stacking on specific teams while boosting the basing league, since that's the one missing entire teams like Spastic. There's not much left to pick through for wb/jav anyway, but basing definitely could find people, even if it's only Spastic guys. It would also provide some relief for certain players who prefer wb/jav to not HAVE to play base every week as well (or vice versa for basers). That's one of the biggest issues I had with the entire roster limit thing, because there was just no way I would have the time or energy to play 3 leagues for 2+ months without even a small break. Logging in for one game is hard enough for me sometimes. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Just my $0.02.
              Last edited by Exalt; 02-28-2021, 01:04 PM.
              RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
              RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

i said 1 league girpige squidrins like rickit cud get an increase from 7 to 8 aswill incase sum1 cant make it or goes inictif etc

Comment

i said 1 league girpige squidrins like rickit cud get an increase from 7 to 8 aswill incase sum1 cant make it or goes inictif etc
                  Talk about biting the hand that feeds you. We don't want or need extra slots.

We tryin 2 hilp girbige sqids like Ripidish so u cin nit firfit lik nubs.
                  RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

u say u dun need xtra sl1t but when 1-2 of your playirs piss away aftir hird lick u will b eatink ur wird 4 brikfist

Comment

u say u dun need xtra sl1t but when 1-2 of your playirs piss away aftir hird lick u will b eatink ur wird 4 brikfist
                      U haf 50 ppl on girpidish ristir n cint find ppl 2 play on sindiys? Dis y u say no1 cin play excipt ppl nit in twl ristir? U haf 30 bikips. I try 2 hilp all dis 3 lig sqidrins, nit just ripidish

RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

I agree I think this is a good idea with the rule of only adding people that haven’t been on a roster.

To play devil’s advocate you could also argue this may just make the “rich” richer if squads like strike, etc add the few top players left if they decide to play (Jamal, solace, etc).

On the flip side of that, the argument is that it is good for the league to have those players play even if on the top squads.

Regardless, I’d be for the slight increase but think it may be best done shortly before the hard lock.
                        In game alias: mvp

twdt-b 2017 finalist
                        twlb 2020 and 2023 champ cheerleader
                        twdt-b 2020 and 2021 champ

Comment

Rather than divide it by 3-league squads (giving an unwarranted benefit to all of the already stacked squads), we should divide it by skill tiers. Call it a "stacking tax".

Tier 1- 13 players

Strike
                          Silence
                          Cuphead
                          Pandora

Tier 2- 15 players

Rapid
                          Lululemon
                          Accuracy

Tier 3- 17 players

Everyone else

The tier divisions are obviously just what I've arbitrarily decided, but I'm sure they would align with total TWDT * value per team, so could be quantified more scientifically.
                          You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Originally posted by MHz View Post
                            Rather than divide it by 3-league squads (giving an unwarranted benefit to all of the already stacked squads), we should divide it by skill tiers. Call it a "stacking tax".

Tier 1- 13 players

Strike
                            Silence
                            Cuphead
                            Pandora

Tier 2- 15 players

Rapid
                            Lululemon
                            Accuracy

Tier 3- 17 players

Everyone else

The tier divisions are obviously just what I've arbitrarily decided, but I'm sure they would align with total TWDT * value per team, so could be quantified more scientifically.
                            This 100%

Comment

i think thats unecessary, but also if u do that then ripitish is tier 1, but i wish for a few more playirs addid becuz not efery1 cud show every week, so i accipt tier 2 jus 4 this binifit 2 ripiti

Comment

Working...
                              X