State of the bots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State of the bots

After all the delays and problems getting TWL started on account of the bots, it seems kind of absurd that there were so many problems with them this season. Was there a single weekend in which there wasn't 1-2 games that didn't have to be restarted because of the bot lagging out or dying?

I realize that I have no right to complain about something like this, but it's not acceptable that there were so many problems like this. Are there going to be any new changes to the bots for TWL8? I'll probably sound ignorant here, but is there any reason why the games can't just be run through MatchBots? MatchBots don't seem to have nearly as many crashes and errors as the bots used this season. In TWL, having to restart a match can really change the outcome of the game. It can throw you off, or maybe give you the warmup you needed to do a lot better in the replay.

Thanks for any response...
    sdg

yeah why not matchbots?
    Code:
    1:Pred_FNM <ER>> guys, yellow + green is really shitty for forumcolours :p
    1:lnx> what's wrong with that combination
    1:lnx> I wear yellow-green clothes :(
    1:Pred_FNM <ER>> i dont mean in clothes, in forums..
    1:lnx> kk
    1:lnx> buy a black-white computer monitor if you don't like the colors foo

Comment

qan is going to re-write the TWLBot's this offseason, and I'm going to help him with that, it's a big job. I think there won't be as many bot problems for Season 8, but we'll see. I'll try to keep you updated.
      7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
      Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
      TWLJ Champion Season 11
      TWLB All-Star Season 10
      Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

Well thats fine and dandy, but like stab said why cant we just use matchbots? It would save u guys work, they are very stable and they do the job for TWD, so why not TWL. If there is a reason let us konw bc i am clueless.

Voth:as long as it doesnt take u guys as long as it took last offseason.
        _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Working...
        X