【 season 19 】 home arenas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 【 season 19 】 home arenas

as most of you should know by now, we are bringing back home arenas after a long break of 10 seasons.

first of all, let me inform you that JabJabJab will be helping us with the TWL home arena project and we will accept map requests from squads that are likely to qualify for the next season. as a backup we have jerome who has some previous map making experience. thanks to the both of you for volunteering to help with this grand project.

if you do not know how to (or simply don't want to) make a home arena, you may request one to be made for your squad by replying to this thread or by sending one of the current TWL operators a message by providing us with the the following information:

only captain(s) of the squad may request a map to be made for their squad.

your squad name:
    preferred tileset design and color option(s):
    logo or banner of the squad that you want in the arena and it's locations:
    other wishes and requests:

things to remember if you want to make your own home arena:

when making a home arena, make sure your tileset is not too bright or distracting. as an example ?go TWLJMAMBO is borderline acceptable, but if you decide to use anything brighter than that then your map submission will be declined. you are not allowed change any the positions of any regular tiles/walls or reposition the whole arena as it would screw up the bot warp coordinates. all home arenas must use the default design/layout, however you are allowed to change the asteroid locations to some degree in the TWLD arena, but the asteroids have to be evenly spread out and you may not create a huge cluster of asteroids to any area of the map.

you are not allowed to add your customized graphics (such as bombs, bullets, asterod) to the home arena lvz-file, but you can add things such as your squad banner, logo and other images related to your squad, such as squad player list. splash images (images that appear once when you enter the arena for the first time) are only allowed to show for a maximum of 3 seconds and may only contain the banner / name of your squad. you are not allowed to place any images inside the battlefield.

all maps will be reviewed by the TWL operators before we upload them to the zone. i will try to keep this thread as up-to-date as possible with all the submitted (and approved) maps.

send your maps to twlstaff@yahoo.com and wait for its approval. you will be informed (along with the reason) if the map gets declined. once the map has been approved, we will upload it within one week.
    Last edited by Turban; 08-11-2014, 07:52 AM.

TWLDEnemy
    TWLDLego, TWLBLego
    TWLDFierce, TWLJFierce
    TWLDCobra, TWLJCobra, TWLBCobra
    Last edited by Turban; 09-30-2014, 06:51 AM.

Comment

Cobra requested home arenas in all three leagues; we will have some "prototypes" up soon enough. we are going to test the bots and site with those home maps.

Comment

captains of squads that are likely to be in TWL:

let us know whether you want a home arena or not. we are currently making them, but thus far only Cobra has requested (their maps are almost done) for a home arena. you may also send your own map versions to the aforementioned email which will then be reviewed and approved by us.

alternatively, you can contact JabJabJab with map requests.

Comment

LEGO would like a TWLB arena please and thank you.
          TWLD Champion 2014
          TWDTB Champion 2013
          TWDTB Champion 2016
          TWDTB Champion 2017
          TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
          -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Comment

i think splash images should be banned. for the very rare occasion when you lag-out and re-enter really fast and then you die because the image is blocking everything.

dunno if that's a problem these days, i have a memory of that happening in the past
            TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

yup i don't think we want to see those this year; the arenas where -F- played were notorious for that splash image showing for ~5s.

Comment

you can see the current TWLJ/TWLB/TWLD Cobra arenas requested in..

?go LDCobra
                ?go LBCobra
                ?go LJCobra

i'll ask to have them switched to "TWLJ-squadname-" before the season starts, but for now you can JabJabJabs work in those arenas.

Comment

Since your doing this again, I believe this was brought up for discussion before. Is there a way we can get the javtown jav skin colors to use in our home twlj arenas? Possibly other variances of these as well? If your going to do the map changes, this would not be such a bad idea and could add to the experience. Im sure u could do this in twld as well, but I am only speaking of javs bc I have not seen others ships with other skins.
                  1:waven> u challenge
                  1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                  Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

We are not allowing any special ships this season, and squads are very limited to the LVZ changes that they are allowed to have in their home arenas.

Teams can currently only send "re-skinned" versions of the default maps, change the asteroid positions to some degree, and have LVZ files that do not alter the game play in any way, such as icons, grid colors, energy bars, team logos outside the fighting area and so forth. No special ships, bullet, bomb or asteroid graphics are allowed.

Comment

However, all this is subject to change for the future seasons if we have any, and it is likely that we will allow further modification to make the home arena(s) seem more special, but I am personally against customized ships as not everyone would want to be forced to play with or against one.

Comment

For the sake of argument, maybe people feel they are being forced to play these home maps. You are limiting what is being "forced" on what basis? You tell people what map they have to play, but you wont allow people to have maybe just some different color wings? I could understand not a bright whole red ship and bullet effects etc because of distractions... but what about just wing tips that matched the map? Map editors have told me this is a simple adjustment as easy as making the map. I imagine when you did the maps that you knew this would come up? Why one and not the other? What say you?
                        1:waven> u challenge
                        1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                        Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

yes, it is an easy change to make and while the idea itself is fun, we do not want to force players to use graphics they are not used to playing with, and it would override players own ship/bomb/bullet graphics that they have been using for years. it is something we would rather avoid for the time being, and while it is possible for any player to override LVZ graphics, we would rather not force the players to go through all that effort simply so they could use their own ships.

maps are a different thing altogether, and do not alter the game play at all unless it's overly bright (see season 8 map, TWLJMambo) in which case we will not allow the arena to be uploaded.

keep it simple.

Comment

Good idea to bring this back. The idea should have stayed after the first season and just had some major changes to the submission rules. Squadsreally did their best to abuse the original idea, unfortunately, for either an upper hand or for laughs. I don't remember who it was exactly, maybe Juice? but that bright pink tileset was egregious kooking and some people refused to play on it understandably.

Comment

this idea is still in the works, and will be further improved as time goes on. i simply hope that any future TWL operator will keep this tradition going, and will try their best to further improve the quality of home arenas and make the map submission rules clearer, although i might do the latter part which they may revise later on.

sweet has submitted their maps and will be playing their home games in those arenas starting this week, assuming our map upload-guy gets them up on time. this means 50% of the teams playing currently have a home arena in at least one of their leagues, and some teams are still considering whether they will submit theirs or not.

Comment

Working...
                              X