Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 【 TWLJ 】 last round prediction and playoff projection

hello,

there is one more week to go in the regular season before we move on to the playoff rounds, and now is as good of a time as any to make a short last round prediction and playoff projection thread. this thread will largely be based on what i have seen throughout this season from each team and player, and how strong i feel each team is given their final rosters.

we have several great matches lined up for the players to watch and enjoy for the last round of TWLJ. there are a total of four games that i would consider 'key matches' when looking the current standings and the relative strength of each team. these key matches are highlighted with a blue color for easier identification.

Regular Season Predictions - Round 4

Fierce vs Potenza
    (50 - 42)

This match is definitely worth watching as both of the teams want to secure the win to get a favorable position in the standings. I am leaning towards Fierce securing the win in this close match as Iron Survivor and Okyo, the two cornerstones of Potenza, have not performing up to their expected level the past rounds, and while Shaun has been a pleasant surprise with his consistent performances throughout the season it doesn't help with the squads core problem: they lack a solid fourth and fifth player.

Fierce stronger than ever after their two convincing victories last week, and truthfully speaking their starting lineup has the potential to go all the way to the finals should the stars align correctly. Players such as Apricot, EvilDeed, 24, and Revered have all had an outstanding season, and they also have players such as Mean Gene, Apok, and Last Standing to change up their lineup.

On the other hand if Potenza emerges victorious then we might have a three-way tie between the 4th, 5th, and 6th seeds in the standings. It is an implausible scenario, but anything could happen in the last week.

Cobra vs BurN
    (39 - 50)

There's as BurN were not their usual selves last week and Cobra has been on an uprising trend with their recent performances. Nevertheless, I am fully expecting BurN to bounce back from their poor form and secure the win for their team.

Neymar and Shadowmere have been the two shining stars of the Cobra lineup this season while the rest of their team has simply been carrying their own weight with no outstanding performances to date. This is the main reason why I see BurN as the heavy favorite -- they should have the depth and talent to overpower any lineup Cobra throws at them.

On the other side of the arena we have star players such as Fahrenheit, Zidane, Ease, Kess, Best, Tiny, Kira_Yamato, Cape, and Amnesti, which is more than enough to field two competitive TWLJ lineups. Burn should have the clear advantage on paper, all thanks to the stacking from their captains. Huge props for the fair play!

Fierce vs Dudgeon
    (44 - 50)

At the start of the season, I would have told that this is going to be a one-sided match, but with the recent pickups and performances from the players of Fierce, you will never know who will be the last man standing in this fierce match. I daresay that there is definitely a chance for an upset to happen despite Dudgeon being the favorites.

Commodo and Zizzo are both having a stellar season this year, showing no signs of stopping. JAMAL, Dreamwin, Rough, Megaman89, and Stayon are all great players as well, thus why the advantage is on their side. Power in numbers. The depth this squad has will likely be the determining factor in a regular season match.

BurN vs Potenza
    (50 - 38)

This should be another clear-cut match as BurN has the quality to win this match ninety times out of a hundred games.

Cobra vs You2be
    (50 - 31)

Cobra will strike swiftly and take down their prey in this match. This should be one of the worst matches of the week in terms of competitiveness, but at least we might get a funny video out of it.

Vikings vs You2be
    (47-50)

This is another interesting match that will determine the standings in the bottom of the bracket. Both of the teams have shown that they have what it takes to make it to the playoffs. Vikings could secure a playoff spot if they come out with a positive result from this match, but I would still slightly favor You2be only because I want to see more videos from Fork.

Dudgeon vs Juans
    (50 - 38)

With the departure of Ease, I fear Juans do not have the strength to take down Dudgeon. Singer is an adequate replacement at best, and Dudgeon want to secure the first seed for a favorable playoff schedule.

LEGO vs Juans
    (31 - 50)

There should be no contest here. Juans has great depth with their javelin lineup while LEGO struggles to field more than two players with experience to their games. I don't see LEGO coming out with a good result in this match, and by good I mean dropping more than 35 kills.

Vikings vs LEGO
    (46 - 50)

This match is huge for both LEGO and Vikings. While LEGO has struggled to have any of their players show while their opponents has shown signs of brilliance by almost taking games from way stronger teams. As an example, LEGO dropped a mere 23 kills against Cobra while Vikings managed to snatch a respectable 43 kills against one of the stronger teams.

With a good show from LEGO, they should be considered the favorites. However should the trend continue where the team keeps fielding players with no prior experience in javelin, I would have to favor Vikings to win the match and potentially ruin the playoff hopes of LEGO.

Projected Standings
    #1 Dudgeon 8 0 #1 Dudgeon 8 0
    #2 BurN 7 1 #2 BurN 7 1
    #3 Juans 6 2 #3 Juans 6 2
    #4 Fierce 5 3 #4 Fierce 4 4
    #5 Cobra 4 4 #5 Cobra 4 4
    #6 Potenza 3 5 #6 Potenza 4 4
    #7 LEGO 2 6 #7 LEGO 1 7
    #8 You2be 1 7 #8 You2be 1 7
    #9 Vikings 0 8 #9 Vikings 1 7

there is a chance for us to have perhaps the most confusing final ladder standing ever with two three-way ties being possible should Potenza and Vikings win their matches against Fierce and LEGO. the playoff ties in a three-way tie such as that would mean that as all the heads up matches would go even, we would determine the seeds based on the least amount of deaths from the squad across the entire regular season.

should the projected standings hold true, we would have this kind of a playoff schedule. the teams with bold names are the ones I expect to advance in each match.

Playoffs Round 1
    A Dudgeon
    vs Fierce
    B BurN vs Juans
    C Cobra vs You2be
    D Potenza vs LEGO
    Winner's Bracket, Double Elimination
    Loser's Bracket, Single Elimination

both Dudgeon and Burn should have the quality to beat their opponents 2-0 in the best of three series, and the same can be said about Cobra and Potenza with their matches as well. It would require a small miracle for an upset to happen this early in the playoffs.

Playoffs Round 2
    E Dudgeon vs BurN
    F Cobra vs Juans
    G Potenza vs Fierce
    Winner's Bracket, Double Elimination

I would give BurN the upper hand in the first match, but only by slightly. Cobra should have the quality to beat Juans in a Best of Three series, and likewise Fierce would be considered the favorite in the other losers bracket match.

Playoffs Round 3
    H Cobra vs Fierce
    I Fierce vs Dudgeon
    here is when things get tricky.

Fierce is really strong, but Cobra has also shown that they are a team you should never count out of the tournament. A true dark horse. However, I would have to lean towards Fierce to win the match only because they have more experienced players in their lineup, and slightly more depth in case a player is performing under their expected level. With the win, Fierce would face against Dudgeon who dropped down due to losing to BurN earlier in the projection.

Now, this that would be another exciting match. Dudgeon is definitely the favorite, but Fierce on a good day could even challenge the best of the teams. I am not expecting any upsets, so Dudgeon will advance to the Final for a replay against BurN with a 2-1 score.

Final
    J Dudgeon vs BurN
    Grand Finals, Single Elimination

not sure how the replay would go, but BurN is probably favored to win this game. It is going to be really close, though!

I *really* like this format.
    You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Working...
    X