[Signups] Mafia 2019 #4: Still Worthy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Signups] Mafia 2019 #4: Still Worthy

Welcome back to TW Mafia. We've had a few good game already this year, and I'd like to keep the momentum going. That being said, I acknowledge that we all need something of a break before getting back into it. Something to cool the tensions and let us remember that we are all here to have fun. So, I wont be starting this for a few days. This should also allow us to get a few old friends and familiar faces back into the swing of things. So please, sign up, and remind your friends to sign up also. I've been working on this setup since I died the first time in fields game, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit proud of it. I'm currently set to balance 12 players, but I can rebalance it for up to 18.

While we're talking about it, I should elaborate on the theme.

It has been a few weeks since the release of Avengers Endgame, which appears to be the most popular movie release of all time. I'm respect to not wanting to spoil anything, I will be winding back the clocks a little bit to 2012, the setting for the original Avengers movie.

Earth's mightiest heroes will be facing an unknown threat to the safety of the planet. Despite the current invasion of New York City by aliens, an even bigger threat may exist within the team themselves. The original 6 Avengers will be joined by a supporting cast from future movies, possibly including any and all current MCU characters.

Let's talk about how roles work in a world full of superheroes. For my example, I will pick some not even in the MCU: Batman. For those out of the loop, batman is a superhero whose power is being rich, having lots of cool gadgets, and being pretty good at fighting. This can translate into mafia a few ways. Batman could be a VT since he doesnt actually have a power. He could be a Jack of All Trades, because he has several cool gadgets. He could be a a Mafia Ninja because he sneaks around in the night to make his attacks. He could be a strongman because he is damn hard to kill. Or he could be a Vigilante, because he is generally regarded as one. All this is to say, be creative.

Finally, I'd like to touch on some unique mechanics to this game.
    Like fis's serial killer role in field's game, players roles may change.
    Fis mentioned it a few games ago, and I think it will make this game more unique: I will be playing with a hammer rule. If, during one of my checks of the game, a single player has more than half the votes, they will be instantly lynched. Otherwise, the phase will last the usual length with usual lynching rules. Correct me if I've misremembered here.
    Private messaging will be allowed but discouraged. I have balanced this game in such a way that pming will not win the game for town. Only an above average skill for deduction can save you.
    For those unfamiliar with my hosting style, I have one player (character) designated as the narrator. There will be context clues as to their actions and others' in the flavor write ups. However, it is easy to read too far into this.

Originally posted by WillBy View Post
    For an overview of the main roles and their abilities check out this site:
    http://wiki.mafiascum.net/?title=Roles

Disclaimer(s):
    The roles I have chosen might be tweaked slightly and/or X-Shot (limited usage ability).
    I've also been known to create some of the roles myself...

Rules:
    1) Actions occur in this order: Target modifiers (Busdriver, hider, commuter, nexus) -> Strongman -> Action modifiers (roleblock, protection) -> Killing roles -> Miscellaneous (treestump, recruitment) -> Investigative roles
    Target Modifiers, however, can be roleblocked.
    2) All votes must be BOLDED. Unvotes are not necessary but are allowed
    3) You may not abstain from voting.
    4) There will be NO double lynches. In the event of a vote tie, the day will conclude with no one being lynched.
    5) Please keep conversation limited to game-related topics. It's really cool to see a game go into hundreds of pages, but it's a bit of a turn-off for new players and those who can only spare a few minutes for reading.
    6) Phases will last however long I see fit. I expect votes every day and night-actions at night. Please don't keep everyone else waiting. Ideally, day phases will last under 48 hours, and night phases approximately 24 hours. It is your responsibility to make sure the game goes quickly though.
    7) Never re-post any part of any pm sent to you by me. Paraphrasing is okay but I am the final judge of what is acceptable. I will mod-kill you instantly if you do so. Don't be a tool and we'll be cool.
    8) You may not EDIT your posts. Multi-posting to correct what was said is fine.
    9) Do NOT Lurk. I need you to post at least once per phase (more than a one-liner, please). If someone does not do even that much than I will look for a substitute. If someones is seen as lurking more than usual, it is your job as town/mafia to lynch them.
    10) If you're dead, you're dead. Dead people don't talk nor share any information.
    11) If you have any questions, please PM me (in-game or in Forum).
    12) Submit your night actions if you have one. If you don't wish to use yours, please let me know that too so we can move on faster.
    13) I reserve the right to modify the rules slightly for extraneous situations.
    14) I reserve the right to edit/delete posts that don't comply with explicitly stated rules here or via private message.
    15) Don't be shit-heads- to me or to each other.
    Signups are open now, please signup everyone!

1) Voth
    2) Field
    3) Missa
    4) Exalt
    5) fiS
    6) rodney
    7) ixt
    8) Jessup
    9) Halp
    10) sdrawkcab
    11) the_paul
    12) kthx
    13) ...
    Last edited by WillBy; 05-29-2019, 11:44 AM.

In for sure. Agreed with a short cool down period. Sounds like a fun one.
    7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
    Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
    TWLJ Champion Season 11
    TWLB All-Star Season 10
    Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

In.

Batman > the rest
      Trench Wars Player

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

I'm in and ready to vote voth!

Just kidding. But in for real.

Comment

In. .
          RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
          RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

I will only play if I get to be Tony Stark.

Comment

Originally posted by fiS View Post
              I will only play if I get to be Tony Stark.
              Who?

I'm going to make you Captain America so you get to fight your own people.

Likewise field will be Ironman so he can blow up his people

Comment

Originally posted by WillBy View Post

Who?

I'm going to make you Captain America so you get to fight your own people.

Likewise field will be Ironman so he can blow up his people
                Nooooooo.
                I love everyone x3000 though.

Comment

fiS hope you decide to play this one

As for who to invite, let's make a list and figure out how to reach out to them?

Gripe - down to play, need to help him get his forum pw reset.
                  Kyler - I texted him, didn't get a response. Maybe someone else try?
                  Downfall - ???
                  grand - ???
                  Bioture - ???
                  Trench Wars Player

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

I actually had a superhero theme for mafia worked out years ago. I am hyped for this.
                    I appreciate a break though. That's welcome a lot.

Comment

RoDNeY you should signup. I always enjoy your instincts in these games, you are usually right. Sorry for getting you lynched last game, actually shocked it worked.

plz do not kill me right away, I can?t help it that I am beautiful

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                      TWLJ Champion Season 11
                      TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

Anyone have contact info for adman or Jason? Maybe Jerome?

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                        TWLJ Champion Season 11
                        TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

Could also invite some new people from in game.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                          TWLJ Champion Season 11
                          TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

We should definitely try some new players in game. My only worry is that they wont check forums reliably (see Beast last game).
                            I can reach out to kyler and Jerome.

Comment

fuck... i cant miss a willby game

in
                              Big Chill

Comment

Working...
                              X