TSL schedule change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TSL schedule change?

Need to get this figured out before seasons starts for both the public and hosts.

Currently, the TSL schedule goes:
    ex. Tuesday:
    TSLD -- 3:00pm EST
    TSLJ -- 3:30pm EST
    TSLB -- 4:00pm EST

TSLD -- 9:00pm EST
    TSLJ -- 9:30pm EST
    TSLB -- 10:00pm EST

Where 2 games of each needed to be hosted before BONUS rounds.
    Somtimes those 2 games were quick and TSL-J would start earlier than expected and players would complain(thix) that they showed at the scheduled hour and missed games.

Old:
    Keep same format, start TSL-D -- 3:00pm and run 2 games before TSL-J starts and start TSL-j as soon and round 2 for TSL-d is done (this being tsl-j may start minutes earlier than scheduled)

or

New:
    Change it so that only TSL-D can be hosted from 3-3:30pm and TSL-J from 3:30-4:00pm (basically removing the 2x2x2xbonusxbonus idea. (maybe have a cutoff time for starting games at 3:20pm so TSL-J can be ready by 3:30pm)

or

running:
    (everyday)
    TSL-D @ 3pm
    TSL-J @ 330pm
    TSL-B @4pm
    BONUS 4:30pm-6pm (whatever host/pub wants)
    TSL-D @ 6pm
    TSL-J @630pm
    TSL-B @7pm
    BONUS 7:30pm-10pm
    this way we have scheduled hours for people to show aswell as can multiple 2 or even 3 base games after eachother during the bnous rounds if enough online

Which would you guys rather prefer for season 3?
    Last edited by Heaven; 11-26-2017, 01:25 PM.
    3:BOMBED> got donuts
    3:BOMBED> how jealous
    3:Heaven> how american
    3:BOMBED> ??????????
    3:BOMBED> wtf u suppose to get
    3:BOMBED> they didnt have any fried goat

More time playing, less time wanking around in spec.

Comment

Yea, do bonus at the finish...should there be non satisfaction on the first wave of game rounds and the redo might solve it. Old schedule is not that bad with the exception of some too crowded of segments, most of which when getting late. The league is fine, those TWD players with a name tie to a certain badge or post of rank from Season 2 should get an update to that list of gamer which Ogron brought to light on TSL to the TWD profiles prior to Season 3 -with their respective Medal or Medals- just an opinion. The lists with those awarded is still in place from Ogron organizing the outcome so it seems less difficult to find and associate those to the players before that Season 3 begins once again. No idea who agrees just thought to give the opinion on this matter with a post (chipping in). Well done otherwise though eh.
      TWDT Power Squadron Triple Crown Win 2018 Season. Base, Javelin and Warbird Medals.
      TWDTB Season 15 Trench Wars Draft Basing: TWDTB Champion & Medal
      TSLB All-Star Season 2: Medal 1 Win-Baser in 2 or 4 to 10 Zones('Grab the Flag')&Paladen Best Old Squad 50 Members-former whiterabbits squad, fan and member: Invincible
      ~Babylon 5 spider insider.sigpic former No Surrender and No Surrender II,loyal to Anti-Scrub~ Kongregate Champion!

Comment

Moreeeeeeeeeee time for games please.. I think at least 9 games each TSL day is best.. 3 TSLD's 3 TSLJ's and 3 TSLB's.. plus bonus games.. I'll play whenever I can though.
        TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
        TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
        TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
        TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
        TSLD CHAMPION 2018
        TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Don't care just think for the bonus games they should be even thru all 3 leagues or at least the wb/jav bonus' to be even

Comment

I feel that having time slots is the way forward, with our population in its current state.
            Then host as many bonus games as the community can support after those times.
            WB and Jav always seem to have enough to play, base seems to struggle the most and needs the most help, probably because you need more people and the baser is a dying breed. (this could also be my personal bias as i always want to base.... always... ALWAYS)

I like knowing that if i come on at 5pm I am likely to get a game I can play, I can understand why thix was irritated that games started early, if your only joy left in the game is pwning lesser terrs in base then you find you have missed the matchmaking by 10 minutes even though you were on time, i think i would be pretty sad face too.
            MRW

Comment

milosh makes a gud point
              1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Part of the problem with base, outside of having the players, is the length of the basing game.

It seems like 2 rounds of basing takes 1.5 hours (these are all stabs at the times, so bare with me):
                - 10 minutes for signups
                - 10 minutes for teams to be ready
                - 25 minutes of game time
                - Repeat

Maybe a lower time on the basing games would be helpful? Maybe 10 minutes wins? 5 minutes max roster time setup? I'm not sure how to make the basing a more express game. The speed of a round of TSL-D/J is very appealing if I only have 30 minutes to play.

It seems a JAV/WB signup/play can be done in less then 30 minutes.
                Doughnut - Assistant Ban Operator

Comment

Originally posted by Markmrw View Post
                  I feel that having time slots is the way forward, with our population in its current state.
                  Then host as many bonus games as the community can support after those times.
                  WB and Jav always seem to have enough to play, base seems to struggle the most and needs the most help, probably because you need more people and the baser is a dying breed. (this could also be my personal bias as i always want to base.... always... ALWAYS)

I like knowing that if i come on at 5pm I am likely to get a game I can play, I can understand why thix was irritated that games started early, if your only joy left in the game is pwning lesser terrs in base then you find you have missed the matchmaking by 10 minutes even though you were on time, i think i would be pretty sad face too.

I agree with the time slots. Especially that games should be started at certain times, because I had a lot of complaints last seasons cuz of the early starts. But then also people complaining they had to wait for 1-2 people to log on... I would say the times were set for a reason.
                  But I disagree with hosting as many bonus games as possible. Thats for two reasons.
                  1) Someone like Yeh turned up as #2 or 3 in tslj ladder.. U know why? Cuz he played all dead bonus games. He did good vs random pub people and Jessup. In my opinion games should have a certain level.. If all these people want to play so badly, why not start TWD or bwjs games?
                  2) Some people cant log on all day. Like last seasons a lot of bonus gaming happened after 6-7 pm est. Only the die hard euro's like Trasher were there to play. Rest of it were all american people. It favours those people already this season (due to TWDT in weekend). Not that I would propose to get more euro times during the week, I think tuesday-thursday is fine. But to make it 'fair' I would suggest setting some kind of limit.
                  Major Crisis

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven
                    Ratings will be made public.
                    Needs more love! Bravo!

Comment

can you add a 'game rating multiplier' or something? that would allow for games featuring not so great players to maybe have a .5 multiplier or something that scales up to 1.0 multiplier for higher rated players all playing together.

just makes all but the best scores when teeing off on pubbers count less while still allowing those games to count towards your overall until they are replaced with your higher scores later on

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Working...
                      X