4 things to discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 5 things to discuss

1. Players should only be able to play the same player 3 times in 1 day (in any ladder).

I don't think very many people will see a negative to this. This is definetely something for a plus. Its mainly to make the system more valid and less prone to abuse. The only problem i can see with this in mind is the fact that the rule should probably be seperate for each of the ladders. There are a lot of people who want rematches when they lose, so I would assume that to they might want to play in all three ladders and still want rematches which is perfectly fine in my opinion.

2. Players should only be able to challenge opponents who are higher in rank than they are. Thus stopping high ranked players from challenging only newbies.

As many people already pointed out a range system is definetely better than a cap system where you are only allowed to challenge above. The problems with the suggested system is that the top ranked players have to always wait for someone to challenge them. Many people might not want to because of the fact their is a good possiblity of losing to such a player. A suggestion for a good lower range is the difference from which you get less than 5 point. To clarify: when the formula is used the difference in which when you win you get only less than 5 points. Obviously, I could've told you th number but I don't remember the forumla and it won't be hard to figure out.

A upper limit is far more contraversial. The downside for an upper limit is the fact that if a person gets ahead of his competition by the upper limit then they can't be challenged until someone reaches within the limit. The upside, however is the fact that friends don't give free wins away on different names, since double naming is definetely possible within the current system.

3. Players should lose rank for inactivity to stop them getting high ranks through feeding and then not accepting challenges

This idea definetely needs more discussion. As to refine the limits on when/how much people are going to lose. Is it every three days. Every week etc. I mean a lot of players don't play subspace every day. And since it is the summer/spring, a lot of people might go one vacation for a week or so. This doesn't mean they should be penalised. On the other hand players can duel a lot at the start and then leave and come back before the reset and duel the difference to win.

A good starting point is about 25pts per week. The motivation behind this is the fact that people who are really inactive will start to go down. However, if you missed a week and then come back you can regain that ammount easily by beating people near your range.

4. The bottom right jav box (Box 24) is different to the others. I like it better and think it should be set for all jav boxes. What do you think?

The other boxes facilitate running easier than box 24. the bottom part of the other boxes are useless except for runners. The replacement of the other boxes to box 24 will definetely improve the map

5. Duels to 5 should count for half the rating as duels to 10 would

Of all the suggestions here, this one is the least sensable. A duel is an agreement between two players on an exchange of points based on a rating system, given a set of rules which are defined at the start. The thing that matters most is whether a person has won or lost the duel. Its not the fact that it was to 10 or to 5 or whatever is the case. Thats why, there are different rules which can be customized. The main point a person makes is that a duel to 10 is like 2 duels to 5, however this is not the case. It is quite concievable that the loser of a match was leading at the half way point than the eventual winner. Does that mean it was a win and a loss? Things like this makes this suggestion flawed. I'm sure a lot of people don't like playing duels to 10 due to the time it takes to complete them. Its a personal preference as with all the other rules in the league and it should stay that way.
    Jav Guide: Jav Guide

Too bad you have to be a pallie to see it

Comment

1. no, why? if i want to duel someone i know, i'd like to duel him/her more than 3 times
      2. i don't think this is really needed, because highranked players already win very few points by winning of lowranked people, and the lower ones already win a higher amount of points by challenging someone who has a higher rank
      3. this seems a good idea, but it negativily effects people who go on holiday for a few weeks, like me :S
      4. haven't seen it's different, let's look... yeah box 24 is better
      5. i dunno, i like both options
      Menno is a 1337 lamer! (5:0)

Comment

re: input for TWEL

I've already mentioned these to 2dragons, and he seemed to take the ideas well, but I may as well mention them for the public to mull over too:

--------------
        - if a player has *ever* reached top 10, they get a "Top 10 Player" award (in notes? in awards column?), you only get it once

-if a player has *ever* reached top 5, they get a "Top 5 Player" award (in notes column... or in new awards column?), you only get it once. Replaces Top 10 player award (if they have been top 5, its a given they were top 10)

-when a player reaches rank #1 (with more than 10 games played), they win a "Title" (replaces top 10, top 5 awards), and the match that won them the title is declared a "title fight"

-Whenever they successfully defend their title from a player in the top 10 (or top 20?) in a "title fight" (ie, they are challenged, not when they challenge someone else) they win a "Title" as well.

-winning a title gives an extra ratings boost, perhaps a small one

-in hall of fame, new categories: most titles won, most consecutive titles, most title fights played

-in hall of shame, new categories: most title fights lost (although simply having BEEN in the title fights probably means you're good, so you could leave this off)

-instead of flushing records periodically, have rating decline at a set pace (2 points a day?) so inactives fall in rankings. titles can be lost in this way
        --------------------

Just some friendly advice from your neighbor
        - Live-Wire

Comment

Would be nice to have SOME way of reseting my rank .... i hit 4th or 6th then got annoyed over a couple loses and gave out 12 free wins to newbs. Maybe just give people the ability to reset their recs once a month or something. Or maybe ppl like me should be forced to live with our stupid choices, I dont know. But, Im sure a fair amount of people have gotten upset and stopped caring but would like to start over fresh, even tho they might be above 1000 rating right now. I know I wont be dueling again any time soon unless I can get a clean slate in some way. Some of you seem pretty creative, any ideas?

Comment

i can understand that people care about ratings, but i don't... i'm at the bottom of all three lists, i win about one of 20 duels and i kill one time after dying three times... BUT I JUST LIKE THE DUELING... i already liked dueling before twel was set up, tho i never got into twdd

btw i'm going to france for four weeks, cya all
            Menno is a 1337 lamer! (5:0)

Comment

Mabye it should reset like elim does, it washes out the old games slowly.

Comment

1. Yes, Sounds pretty good, i never duel someone more then twice anyway, and would prevent others from taking advantage over others.

2. No, I don't agree with this only becuase when you duel a newbie you get less points, and when you loose you loose tons of points. The way it is find. Dueling newbies is just as hard becuase if you loose your gonna have to duel another 5 or more newbs to get back up to where you where at.

3. Yes/No. This is fine as long as it's a long inactive time. Not just 3 days or something. i mean if a guy get's in top 5 and leaves or quits or goes on vacation. they should be bumped down some to let others get a chance. So put it on a week inactivity.

4. Yes

5. No. I think it should be the same becuase it's so easy to loose even for vets dueling newbs becuase of the little leeway. It's so easy to screw up and loose a to 5 game becuase you wheren't paying attention or wasn't prepared, but to 10 if you got 0-4 it's always easy to catch back up if your really the better player. So i don't like this idea too much. Just leave it alone for now.

-Zennypoo

Comment

Re: re: input for TWEL

Originally posted by Live-Wire
                  - if a player has *ever* reached top 10, they get a "Top 10 Player" award (in notes? in awards column?), you only get it once

-if a player has *ever* reached top 5, they get a "Top 5 Player" award (in notes column... or in new awards column?), you only get it once. Replaces Top 10 player award (if they have been top 5, its a given they were top 10)

-when a player reaches rank #1 (with more than 10 games played), they win a "Title" (replaces top 10, top 5 awards), and the match that won them the title is declared a "title fight"

-Whenever they successfully defend their title from a player in the top 10 (or top 20?) in a "title fight" (ie, they are challenged, not when they challenge someone else) they win a "Title" as well.

-winning a title gives an extra ratings boost, perhaps a small one

-in hall of fame, new categories: most titles won, most consecutive titles, most title fights played

-in hall of shame, new categories: most title fights lost (although simply having BEEN in the title fights probably means you're good, so you could leave this off)

-instead of flushing records periodically, have rating decline at a set pace (2 points a day?) so inactives fall in rankings. titles can be lost in this way
                  --------------------

Just some friendly advice from your neighbor [/B]
                  This is a great idea man. After alittle adjusting and voting etc. i would love to see this happen. Will make the vets more willing to try and make duels just that little bit interesting .

Comment

1. Players should only be able to play the same player 3 times 1 day (in any ladder).

I like it

2. Players should only be able to challenge opponents who are higher in rank than they are. Thus stopping high ranked players from challenging only newbies.

The point system prevents abuse of getting free points from newbies so this rule is garbage

3. Players should lose rank for inactivity to stop them getting high ranks through feeding and then not accepting challenges

I'm going on a 6 week vacation in 4 days and I just brough my rating up from 2600 to 380 sumthing in one day, I do not want to come back and see my hard work destroyed. If this rule does go in effect they should have "vacation mode" where you don't lose points.

4. The bottom right jav box (Box 24) is different to the others. I like it better and think it should be set for all jav boxes. What do you think?

meh...

5. Duels to 5 should count for half the rating as duels to 10 would

Winning a duel is winning a duel if we did this than (if possible) i would challenge a no skill bum to a duel to 300 kill him and automatically come in first? Maybe exageration but its a dumb idea a duel is a duel and if your skilled enough to beat someone to 5 then you can likely beat them in a duel to 10.
                    carpe diem

Comment

Re: 4 things to discuss

Originally posted by Method
                      5. Duels to 5 should count for half the rating as duels to 10 would [/B]
                      This is a good idea, duels to 10 are so long but its like endurance duels... so it should count for more points. It's affecting my brain sometimes

Comment

agreed
                        Dsin> moi
                        Kian> moi
                        Dsin> wanna hear good news kian?
                        Kian> I GOT MY LICENSE TODAY
                        Kian> ok ur turn

Comment

Working...
                        X