The Teams!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Teams!

I ain't one for writing stuff but here is a random shot in the dark for the teams, only doing because nobody else did it.

Poseidon's Gods
    -Terr: ogron (spacedust)
    -Sharks: zidane, mark (paradise, apoc, poni)
    -Spiders: sarger, hellkite, renzi, saiyin, poseidon (okyo, ra, blt)

Ogron is a good terr (don't tell him I said that) but if he tilts, this team seriously lacks terr depth. Sharking power falls off quickly after Zidane if mark is too drunk, leaving Paradise to fill the void or rusty Apoc/Poni. Spiders however are strong here. This team feels a lot like the TWDT team Power, which can be a good thing. Zidane holding down the cram with Poseidon's annoying ass coffin camping could make for a hard cram to break.

TJ's Heroes
    -Terr: mikkiz (heaven, major crisis)
    -Sharks: mythril, joe (hulk, morph, beam)
    -Spiders: cripple, undercut, hulk, rough, kado (mido, tj, public assassin)

Heaven will most likely start terr here during the season with Mikkiz leading the way in the playoffs. If Mythril does not show or is too rusty, Hulk/Joe still ends up being a really nice shark combo and Joe has been earning that 9* promotion lately. Assuming Mythril is in shark, this spider line is also really strong, if not this teams spider depth might be a problem. Having Rough and Kado under however might prove to be too much for other teams unders.

WBM's Titans
    -Terr: cape (over 9,000 other terrs)
    -Sharks: jamal, mcvicar (oder, sprackle, mvp, vehicle)
    -Spiders: ro, skatarius, henry, wbm, temporary (rab, and the 8,999 terrs that dont start terr)

This team has terrs for days, many of which are starters. If Mcgyver (thank Rucci for that nickname) does not show up there are other starter sharks waiting in line. Spider line here has potential to be huge with Jamal in spider instead of shark and a lot of terrs that can double up as strong spiders. I also see a lot of spastic players here which adds chemistry to the mix.

Rucci's Monsters
    -Terr: pressure (aprix, rageritual)
    -Sharks: turban, commodo, porkjet, (olde, willby, paul)
    -Spiders: rucci, dreamwin, trasher, mouse, jurassic (rageritual, banks, shadowmere, gene)

We have some options here for the line and a lot of lag to spread around said lines. I am not sure what Rucci is actually planning on doing with our line yet. We will probably lose most the regular season games with most the strong players being euro. I assume pressure will start terr with me for backup if he's being a dink (it be nice if Zizu actually came back to game but I doubt it). The offence potential of Turban/Commodo/Porkjet can be really scary for enemy teams, with Turban's insane lag, Commodo's sneaky bombs and Porkjet's scary shrap. Spiders are also really strong here with just enough depth to get the job done.

This one is really hard to predict on paper, without really knowing who will actually show up and lot's of multishippers around. Who do you guys think will take the cup this season??
    Last edited by Nipple Nibbler; 03-31-2020, 08:27 AM. Reason: Typo
    Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
    (10 seconds later)
    rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
    P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

My prediction:

Season
    1. Heroes
    2. Monsters
    3. Titans
    4. Gods

Semis
    Heroes vs Gods
    Monsters vs Titans

Final
    Heroes vs Titans

Comment

Considering the ultimate top lines on paper, I would assign them the following power rankings:
      #1 Poseidon's Gods
      #2 Rucci's Monsters
      #3 WBM's Titans
      #4 TJ's Heroes

Looking at the draft some very questionable picks were made and some players were left to out completely which I personally would have picked up in TOP 20. Overall seems like a good draft and due to large team sizes every team has a chance of winning it all. GL HF!
      Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
      Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
      Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
      Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
      Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
      Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
      Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

Nice write-up!

Comment

Nice write up Rage! Glad someone did it. Looking forward to competing with the squad,hoping to bring a WIN . Mikki said he'll show for regular season, expect like one game. We'll see how it goes for our lineup. Seems like an even playing field.
          TWLD Champion 2014
          TWDTB Champion 2013
          TWDTB Champion 2016
          TWDTB Champion 2017
          TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
          -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Comment

good write-up, thanks for this.
            top 100 basers list

Comment

times each evening are just far too late for Euros so I doubt I'll show once...given everyone is at home I don't know why an earlier time was picked?
              TWL-J Season 11 Champion
              TWL-J Season 21 Champion
              TWL-B Season 21 Champion
              TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
              TWDT-D 2017 Champion
              TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

The last 20 years of this game and every major league is an accommodation for the minority of this zone that is European, I think you can survive 1 little cup not catering to your timezone during the regular season.

Almost every sport and game league plays at night, not at 3pm in the afternoon. Have you ever been to one of those weird Saturday games during the playoffs of a major sports league that typically plays at 9pm? The quality is garbage. Those people are used to playing at night. Their brains aren't working at max capacity at that hour. Circadian rhythm is a real thing, most of us play at night for most of the week, then get thrown into leagues in the afternoon on Sunday. It's awful. I can't speak for everyone, but personally the game slows down and becomes way easier at night, I play way better. Those weird soccer and hockey tournaments where you play in the mornings and afternoons are also killer, when you play most of your games at night.

Europeans get to consistently play the most important leagues at night, and practice at the same time. That's an incredible boon. I would love to play TWL at night.

And even after all that, the Basing Cup semi-finals and finals are being played at 3pm to accommodate Europeans.

You get the time and lag advantage in every major league, and still find a way to complain. Really bonkers.
                top 100 basers list

Comment

I mean....we are going through unprecedented times with everyone stuck at home, so there would be 0 issues in moving it to 6 or 7pm EST as all Americans/Canadians are at home and won't be commuting back from work mid-week, and it allows Euros to compete. What's bonkers is saying you need to play at 9-10pm to be at your peak as the defence for running the cup at this time and excluding a decent sized portion of the population in a dwindling game.

I'm not even trying to argue with you, I probably won't show but was thinking about Euros who would have liked to but can't. There is literally no need to try and cause drama, just saying with the current circumstances its the perfect time to actually be able to accommodate for more people for mid-week games which is a first ever, rather than running with some sort of #MAGA campaign :uneasy:
                  TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                  TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                  TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                  TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                  TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                  TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Honestly I don't see anything wrong in just branding the cup a little differently, call it the North American Basing Cup or similar, but anyone that can play, can play.

Then maybe there could be a European Basing Cup. Makes an interesting prospect of winners of each facing off, provided players haven't played in the other cup (they'd have to choose which one to play in beforehand).

Comment

I have no issues with 6-7pm EST. Personally would prefer to accommodate European players considering the amount of competition they bring to the table.

Comment

dinner is around 6-7 and then bed for my kid at 8. so anything before that rules me out of play. probably anyone with younger children are int eh same boat.

that being said, im way less of an impact player than turb or trasher on my team so making it so they can play is probably smarter

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Ogron's 'i perform better in games @ night arguement aside', i can understand americans/Canadians would like a tournament more suiting for once. Tw leagues have historically suited euros. Pretty sure not everyone is in quarantine or might be but probably with family/kids these days.
                          Obviously can't show myself when game starts at 3am, as i still have to wake up to go to work around 6-7 am. But alas.

Have fun all; and remember: stay safe, play subspace!

Comment

I didn't set the schedule because I play better a night lol, like I care about performance during the regular season of a cup, it's that 8pm-11pm is when we typically base, when the majority of the zone plays. This is the normal, regular basing prime time. It is the best time for americas players, which is the majority of the zone.

What I meant by that comment was that I think I, and a lot of others from NA, have to constantly accommodate Euro times and Euro lag, why are you whining about one little cup not being at your favorite time? Lots of euros are STILL playing the regular season cup BTW, they just wake up early and play in the morning.

It is also the regular season of a cup, and all 4 teams make the playoffs.

Setting the regular season during the week, to the primetime of the game where the majority of players play, is completely appropriate. It also is DURING the TWDT season, which all euros get to play at their preferred hours.

I honestly think you guys are just greedy and entitled, leagues constantly cater to you at all times, despite the fact you're the minority of the population.
                            top 100 basers list

Comment

When I first saw the start times I was thinking "wtf is Oggy high?" but when I think about it, he's not wrong, that is the peak period of basing. A lot of older players are coming back to the game including Sumpson getting borrowed in BD. Maybe if enough euros come back to the game we can do some sort world cup again.
                              Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
                              (10 seconds later)
                              rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
                              P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X