Basing Cup Power Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basing Cup Power Rankings

In an effort to create some chatter and hype, I decided to try and give a review basing cup in a different way. Rather than summarizing games with hot or not, I will try and create a “power ranking” week to week. This is not simply a standings based on record. Criteria involved with evaluating the rankings will include but not be limited to prior results, lineups within those results, anticipated lineups, and expected final standings.

Disclaimer: This will be biased and I am not responsible for any hurt feelings.

Week 2 Power Rankings:
    1. Terrorist
    2. Resistance
    3. Dun vs me
    4. Justice
    5. Thunder
    6. Blood

Terrorist
    The ratings currently only have 2 clear cut positions — number 1 and number 6. Despite missing Ra, Dreamwin and the terrorists not only beat what I thought were the top 2 teams on paper, they crushed them. Terrorist has the most well rounded lineup in its current and expected form with the lowest rated player being an 8.5. Every starter in the lineup has been a part of a TWLB winning team (with the exception that tj and mvp have not been starters for those said teams). Dreamwin will surely have a target on his back but I expect the competition will be so far behind, they won’t be able to see the target.

Blood
    Like I said above, the ratings currently only have 2 clear cut positions — number 1 and number 6. I have no doubt that my fellow ram ranchers plus bombed will be able to carry and drag their team to victory periodically throughout the season however, a lot will need to go their way in order to make it into the top 4 for playoffs.

Resistance
    I’m probably a little high on rating them here but I can’t deny their results. They had a tough loss to Justice while not playing their 2 starting sharks but proved a bit of what they could do after defeating hulk’s team with their full lineup. This team has very strong individual players but I believe this team will fall down the rankings with time as the lack of chemistry will be exposed. They could prove me wrong though and I don’t underestimate Commodo’s ability to rep an entire team across the flag room single handedly.

Dun vs me
    One of the best teams on paper by far with a lot of TWLB quality players in Ogron, Jamal, Mythril, Hulk, Spartan, and Rough. Despite 2 tough losses in week 1, they will continue to get stronger as they wipe off the dust and whip their #7 and #8 into shape.

Justice
    You could argue that I am selling them short after a strong week 1 winning both games WITHOUT mouse. My hesitation with raising them higher is due to them beating a Resistance lineup without their sharks and an underpowered Blood lineup. I’m sure Cape will continue to showcase his multi-ship talents in being able to create a flexible lineup that somehow works despite having 2 traditionally campy spiders (although props to TPZ on 8 Teks in 2 games).

Thunder
    Similar to dun vs me, there are a lot of proven winners on this team with Zidane, Brethal, Skatarius, Ease, and Hellkite. I also expect this team to continue to improve over the season. If a2m makes an appearance, they will definitely be a clear threat for the title as they could adjust their lineup a bit with omega red in spider and apt in terr. Apt may not be the greatest terr but can likely add some value over Tiny who was very much exposed against a superior Mikkiz in the Terrorist game as he dropped 6 Teks.
    In game alias: mvp

twdt-b 2017 finalist
    twlb 2020 and 2023 champ cheerleader
    twdt-b 2020 and 2021 champ

Sick write up man thanks for this 🔥🔥
    1:Riverside> you guys eat schmores in america?

Comment

I didn't even realise I got 8 teks in 2 games, thx for letting me know, derp.

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
        I didn't even realise I got 8 teks in 2 games, thx for letting me know, derp.
        almost like there is an entire website with a whole page dedicated to stats you retard

J-B-Inc> i ddi that duel while doing coke of pawner moms ass

8:Riverside> UPDATE FOR WEEK 1:
        8:Riverside> I go 4-60 and we lose 0-6

2:saiyan> [Dec 22 21:22] Rough: yo just came on to tell you, can you go on a real date with a girl (need to be specific here lol) instead of talking to claus on forums about calcs and formulas for a league? Happy holidays btw

Comment

Originally posted by renzi View Post

2:saiyan> [Dec 22 21:22] Rough: yo just came on to tell you, can you go on a real date with a girl (need to be specific here lol) instead of talking to claus on forums about calcs and formulas for a league? Happy holidays btw
          This is true.
          1:Ogron> i can officially say that i am quitting tinder dude fuck that i met the most amazing girl ever
          1:Zidane> congrats man
          1:Ogron> yeah she is into star wars movies and plays little bit of LoL
          1:Ogron> AND we had a 10 minute make out session in my car
          1:Rough> AND this guy wonders why he is a loser

Comment

Great write up mvp, hope to see some more of these! VIVE LA RESISTANCE
            absurd> havnt seen ekko miss in 20 mins;\

Comment

Working...
            X