No announcement yet.

Dueling Cup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The alternatives to draft are kind of limited with what we have now. TSL is ok (good if a lot of people are interested), TWDT was pretty good, 2v2 could be ok, elim is good or was good sometimes, TWD is really good imo if people are playing. I can see why they might want to do the draft again because its a fun mode and has proven interest. I'd say I'm concerned about interest in this league but really something is better than nothing. The thing I said about the 6* not being able to play in hindsight isn't exactly correct. On Thursdays yeah, there's only a sub opportunity and even then it's probably better to borrow. On Sundays, though, with a smaller roster and more teams like suggested, it's possible that 6* will have more opportunity to play compared to before. It leaves Thursday for the more serious games weirdly but maybe that is a popular day for people, I don't know.
    sigpic

Comment

There's no start date yet because it's work in progress; need to find captains. Expect more info asap, but estimating it will take few more days. Looking towards starting this early October if we have enough captains and decent amount of signups.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry Saari View Post
        There's no start date yet because it's work in progress; need to find captains. Expect more info asap, but estimating it will take few more days. Looking towards starting this early October if we have enough captains and decent amount of signups.
        Take your time guy, there is no rush. I just hope that by 2019 you figured out what day of the week this cup could be held on. That would be dope!

Comment

I'll sign on as a non-playing captain if it means getting this show on the road. My eye for misratings is top notch I just need someone to plan with me the picks and tricks so to speak. What are the picks in what order, and what tricks are we going to play on the other teams/captains to show we play hard ball. Please vote me into the best ship of them all: captainship.

Thank you,
          sigpic

Comment

Why do there always have to be captains? Come on Henry, stop being an idiot and actually sit down at your desk, brainstorm for a few minutes and come up with some decent ideas. You are doing what has been done a thousand times before and is already worn out.

Why not, after thinking about it for a minute, do a random draft wb and jav tournament? People sign, get drafted into teams of 10 (considering the stars from TWDT), and then you field 2 9+ stars, 1 8 star, 1 7 star and a lowbie. Ez pz. 2 matches per Sunday per team, 4 weeks of play, top 4 advance to semis which are played the 5th Sunday, 6th Sunday is finals + MVPs play a best of 3 for the crowd.
            That's how easy it can be. Making captains and stupid rules just makes ppl run away from your leagues or not show up when they sign up and don't get what they want.
            "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
            Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
            Dral>I can get implants

Comment

Working...
            X