Jav cup extremely biased, but honest review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jav cup extremely biased, but honest review

Our prayers have been answered and TW gods have given us, peasants, another chance to fight for glory.
    Welcome Jav cup of summer 2023.
    We have 6 teams, ready to fight for the title with vys, racka, tiny, ease, commodo and dreamwin as caps. What an all-star team of massive names I must say. And "hurray", as no VPs are counted this time, so really the top players from each squad will actually play, meaning majority of the players drafted will be warming bench.
    I am listing my favorite teams from bottom to top, as stated, massively biased, but honest, comes from deep within.
    6 - Lifeban (av MMR rating 4183)
    Starting lineup - vys, stayon, spawnisen, kim, crazy canockout
    Other alternatives - jack, spectacular, product
    Vys perhaps weakest of all caps and seems like it will influence his teams potential as well. Overall feels a bit weaker compared to rest of the bunch. Stayon has been in great shape lately, but Kim is hot/cold, while crazy seems one of the weaker starters among the teams this season. They definitely have opportunities, but on paper, i would not put my money on them.
    5 - Unleash (av MMR rating 4439)
    Starting lineup - lockdown, bombed, commodo, hulk, mikkiz
    Other alternatives - cripple, spartan
    Unleash looks strong on paper, but besides commodo, does not have game changing javs in ranks. Bombed had individually great main season last season in draft league, but this cup is different beast with no low star players on freqs. Besides soul, he is the most active pilot around though. LD had really awful ending for last draft league going 2-10/5-10 in semis, lets see how this league treats him. Mikkiz and hulk are both semiactive, so perhaps cripple will be main starter, time will tell.
    4 - Pure Luck (av MMR rating 4245)
    Starting lineup - tiny, turban, bugy, iron survivor, hellzno!
    Other alternatives - zizu, beast, violence
    Pure luck is pretty laggy this season, with iron, hellz, turban rocking decent ping. Overall strong and experienced team, but a few questionmarks here and there with some players being a bit inactive and you never know nowadays what kind of turban will show up for game. Definitely dangerous, but feels a bit weaker compared to top 2 teams.
    3 - Nasty (av MMR rating 4215)
    Starting lineup - racka, hurricane, roiwerk, jamal, geio
    Other alternatives - siaxis, banks, rampage
    Very solid team and great subs. Racka had a great season winning twdj while MVPing in finals, rest of team has loads of experience. Some opportunities in testing lineup are also in play. Feel like jav teams are all very close, so small mistakes and teamwork can decide alot in the end.
    2 - Terrorist (av MMR rating 4256)
    Starting lineup - dreamwin, rough, mythril, hypocrit, temujin
    Other alternatives - jz, ra, ekko
    What a massive lineup this is, pretty much no weak links. It everyone shows and is active, this looks like title contender freq for me. Temu activity is questionable though, also Ra not the most active player, so jz may need to step up. If everyone stays active and shows, this team has all chances of making it.
    1 - Thunder (av MMR rating 4531)
    Starting lineup - ease, zidane, draft, jurassic, absurd
    Other alternatives - dwopple, tripin
    Ease has managed to put together really massive team, time will tell if absurd will pick up pace, but some decent subs are also in place if needed. Ease has been dominating mmr lately, and zid, draft and jura are definitely top players to support his effort. Biggest favorite in my eyes at the moment.
    Lifeban wins
    21.43%
    Unleash wins
    7.14%
    Pure luck wins
    14.29%
    Nasty wins
    7.14%
    Terrorist wins
    14.29%
    Thunder wins
    35.71%

The poll is expired.

Solid write up! The only reason why Temujin fell as far as he did in the draft is because he said he most likely can't show for the regular season at all but if and when they show their full line up they will be a serious problem
    1:Riverside> you guys eat schmores in america?

Comment

I like this draft a lot. All the teams are very strong, players were very evenly distributed. Good job captains for that. I particularly like that the playoff spots will be determined by gameplay rather than draft outcome. I vote Thunder, but really who the hell knows. Good luck everyone.

Comment

lee you need to stop writing reviews, you HAVE NO IDEA what you are talking about lol,
        2018 TWDT Champion 2019 TWLD Final 4 2019 TWDTJ Semi finalist 2019 2x TWDTD Finalist 2020 TW Forum Mafia Game champion

Comment

Originally posted by Beast View Post
          lee you need to stop writing reviews, you HAVE NO IDEA what you are talking about lol,
          If someone else would do them, I would gladly stop. Reviews and arguments are part of fun that make leagues and competitions more interesting.

Comment

Thank you for the great content, Lee. Beast, please be less toxic towards someone volunteering their time to provide the rest of us spaceship degens with entertainment. It's alright to disagree with someone's review but telling them to completely stop because you don't agree is NOT necessary, even if you're joking.

It's way easier for volunteers to not want to contribute because of the much more vocal and negative minority. Please and thank you.

Week 1 was some good fun!
            zidane> big play
            Omega Red> dwop sick
            mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
            WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
            1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

Yes yes I was jk. Carry on mywayward son lee
              2018 TWDT Champion 2019 TWLD Final 4 2019 TWDTJ Semi finalist 2019 2x TWDTD Finalist 2020 TW Forum Mafia Game champion

Comment

I love u lee

Comment

Jav main season is over and lifeban and nasty have been eliminated. Both only managed to get 1 win, lifeban managed to beat Nasty and Nasty took out Easeless Thunder. But their rest of season has been big dissapointment.
                  Unlike wb, jav season has been pretty onesided with Unleash winning all games, so gj to my team. I think key behind Unleash good performances is really strong bench. We have been missing players every week, but with cripple, spartan stepping in, it has not hurt game really at all. Lets see how playoffs turn out.

Comment

Working...
                  X