<ER> application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• <ER> application

i was wondering how to apply for the ER position. I've heard that if there is a space available other ER's go round and look for suitable canidates. Now if this is true it must take forever to find someone.

I went onto the 17th Parrell (spelling?) site and found that you can apply by filling out a form, is there a one for Trench Wars?

Any help wud be greatful
    Trained_Killer - 160 + hours and still counting
    L3thal - 4 hours and working way up

making map - stuck in space

It's invite only

Comment

thought so, but it wud take someone ages to get the position and also to look for someone to fill the position

Comment

Hiya Trained_Killer. There is no application process in TW. Staff members are hired on an invite only basis. If you're really interested in becoming a TW staff member, the best thing you can do is try to be as friendly and helpful as possible to your fellow trenchers. Offer advice to newer players. Help them out with any questions they might have. This is a great way to get noticed by the people who recruit staffers.
        jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

i mean i do help people, but it may be at the wrong times (ie no staff members there)

well i'll continue to do so and hopefully someone will notice

cheers for the help guys, really appriciate it :up:

Comment

Try joining whiterabbits.
            sdg

Comment

Originally posted by Jason
              Hiya Trained_Killer. There is no application process in TW. Staff members are hired on an invite only basis. If you're really interested in becoming a TW staff member, the best thing you can do is try to be as friendly and helpful as possible to your fellow trenchers. Offer advice to newer players. Help them out with any questions they might have. This is a great way to get noticed by the people who recruit staffers.
              Actually this isn't the best way... many people do this and get little to no recognition. The best way is to make a website (eg. draft tourny), create some sort of bot for tw, or create a popular new event in tw, or something else technical (like when rodge got on staff after the forum help i believe). Contributing in a major way like this is a fast track to getting on staff, all the other ways are nice things your told basically to keep you from acting like a jerk in public, cus TW doesnt need any more of those.
              Originally posted by Stabwound
              Try joining whiterabbits.
              lol yeah thats true, or any major basing squad that has been around a while. pallies, spastic, anti-scrub, disoblige, and most recently whiterabbits all get more recognition than anyone else because most of upper staff are basers.

Comment

same as jason said. But theres one problem that you mentioned; not having any staff members around to notice. That's a growing problem with the trenchers that want to be on staff. The best thing to do is to get a reputation for helping people. It will take a very long time, but as usual, that's how it's suppose to be, I guess. (I know from experience )

The Trench Wars Staff Deans are:

Pure_Luck and THE PUSHER

These two are the people who recruit you for staff. If they think you'll be a good addition, they'll keep you on file for a bit and keep an eye on you.

Just be courteous and have great knowledge of subspace.

There are rankings in Trench Wars. You do not become an ER automatically.
                Phase 1: <ZH> (Zone Helper) Answers ?help calls, and occasionally will host an event.
                Phase 2: <ER> (Event Referee) Answers some ?help calls, and ?cheater calls. Will host events most.
                Phase 3: Moderator (Will respond immediately to ?help and ?cheater calls. Occasionally when bored will host an event)
                Phase 4: Smod (Super Moderator) Will do all of the above in a skilled advancement, will be involved in many of the subspace community developements, creations, and ideas.)
                Phase 5: BanG Op (Billing Operator) Bans people, and some Mods/Smods have that privilage as well.
                Phase 6: Sysop (System Operator) EXTREMELY RARE PRIVILAGE. Don't know if they even hire sysops for Trench Wars anymore. (Methinks Cpt.Guano! is a sysop but is undercover as a Smod. )

I hope this information helps you. Reach for your goals and don't forget your objective, trencher! Good Luck!

Comment

Try join Paladen.
                  YOU ARE THE 1,000,000,000TH VISITOR IN MY SIG!
                  Click here to receive your price!

Comment

Staff
                    There are several different kinds of Staff members. Zone Helpers carry the tag <ZH> next to their names and answer your questions and ?help calls. Event Referees carry the tag <ER> next to their names and host different events in different arenas. Moderators carry no tag and catch cheaters. Super Moderators help manage Trench Wars and its leagues. System Operators are in charge of the servers and head of the zone.

Staff is invite only. So please do not ask any staff member, asking only limits your chances. If you would like to join staff, just be nice to people and have fun.

http://www.trenchwars.org/Trench/ind...f63355c7a#join
                    bzi aka balm.
                    Retired for 1 and a half years, now i'm back to own you once again.

Comment

Originally posted by Xog
                      There are rankings in Trench Wars. You do not become an ER automatically.
                      Phase 1: <ZH> (Zone Helper) Answers ?help calls, and occasionally will host an event.
                      Phase 2: <ER> (Event Referee) Answers some ?help calls, and ?cheater calls. Will host events most.
                      Phase 3: Moderator (Will respond immediately to ?help and ?cheater calls. Occasionally when bored will host an event)
                      Phase 4: Smod (Super Moderator) Will do all of the above in a skilled advancement, will be involved in many of the subspace community developements, creations, and ideas.)
                      Phase 5: BanG Op (Billing Operator) Bans people, and some Mods/Smods have that privilage as well.
                      Phase 6: Sysop (System Operator) EXTREMELY RARE PRIVILAGE. Don't know if they even hire sysops for Trench Wars anymore. (Methinks Cpt.Guano! is a sysop but is undercover as a Smod. )
                      BanG op is just one of the 10 or so smod positions. It isn't, in itself, a level of staff. Cpt.Guano! is not a sysop, he is an smod. Several smods have the sysop password i believe (2dragons, Arilou Lalee'lay ... dunno if theres others) but are not listed as sysops. DoCk> and PriitK are sysops and i doubt anyone else will officially be promoted to sysop unless one of those 2 decides to step down... which probably wont happen.

Comment

Why must you argue..

Comment

Another bad thing is....the deans are usually too busy doing some sort of thing involving twl...in a twd game...or in ?go base or some such thing...They almost never browse pubs(that i know of(Mama did, but he is no longer a dean so yea) )

Comment

Originally posted by GHB
                            Try join Paladen.
                            That'll get you nothing but a P banner next to your name. The last few new staffers are from WR. They base, if that's your forte. But, just get noticed, do something that noone else has done before, make yourself someone profound and someone that can be respected (like a ConcreteSchlyrd) on the forums, or in game.

BTW: When I say do something noones done before. Mind you, its gotta be within the rules, lol.
                            DELETED

Comment

THE PUSHER hired me, not Pure_Luck. Drop the WR4staff shit already. As for the draft tourny website, I did that ages ago as a favor to PL. It had absolutely nothing to do with me getting on staff. Why did I get hired? Actually, I was re-hired. I've done the staff thing before. I'm familiar with the job and what needs to be done. That's it, plain and simple.
                              jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X