Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want To Put your Pub Bux where your Mouth is? Big Bux Tournament?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• qan
    replied
    Originally posted by Bosshawk View Post
    actually i was under the impression that elim does pay out pub bux these days...??
    It does, but only if you win.

Leave a comment:

• Bosshawk
    replied
    actually i was under the impression that elim does pay out pub bux these days...??

and to be honest its not hard to earn a bunch of pubbux money in a hurry these days... especially with festivals on if someone wanted lol

Leave a comment:

• Exalt
    replied
    Pub bux are only given out in pub, but the majority of good players in tw dont play pub. Elim is the most active arena for these players, yet it doesn't give pub bux.

That said, I probably have like a few thousand at best, and that came from the distension pub during April fools day. Only pure-pubbers will likely have anywhere near the amount you want to enter any tournaments, so you're making a tournament that the majority of good players can't enter.

Good luck finding enough people to play in it.

Leave a comment:

• Bosshawk
    replied
    Had a suggestion of running multiple tournys each night with each costing the big fee... and a % of each pot going to the final....on wed and saturday .. and all the winners getting entrance to the big final... maybe held on a sunday afternoon after TWL is finished

Leave a comment:

• Bosshawk
    replied
    Thanks i did not know that! lol

Leave a comment:

• WillBy
    replied
    Use the text color "Automatic" and it will correct itself for light/dark themes

Leave a comment:

• Want To Put your Pub Bux where your Mouth is? Big Bux Tournament?

Dark Background Version at the bottom.. scroll down!

HI there folks,

Seems there is alot of interest in Tournaments, and always alot of people that love to talk!

So i was thinking last night watching guys in tourny about stepping up the game a lil bit.

Proposal:

4 weeks of Tournaments, with top 4 from each tournament will Qualify for the final Tournament. (Could be 8 but 4 would be easier to track... but open to thoughts)
    In the Final Tournament im thinking Double Knockout so you have a chance if you have 1 bad game to still bounce back.

Entry Fee:
    Initially i thought 500k but am leaning to either 750k or 1million

Of the entry fee 15 or 20% will be held back to boost the prize of the Championship Tournament.

Rest of the Prize goes out in each tournament... thus giving incentive for qualifiers to play all tournaments.

Setup:

For the first run i thought solo WB's, if theres enough interest maybe a jav one the next one.
    Qualifying Tournaments Single elimination(1 loss your out)... Championship Tourny Double Elimination(2 losses your out)
    Will use tourny bot for first 4 tournaments but will run the Championship Manually because of Double Elimination.
    Will have a bracket setup and as you earn a spot in the Finals you will enter a slot on the bracket based on your finish place in your Qualifier.

Anyone that wants to throw in extra pub bux for a booster to the Championship Tournament would bet great... I will throw in as much as i can... probably about 3million

We will have at least a 2 week heads up so if anyones short on entry fee.. you can earn money in pub darn fast these days... so help stimulate pub and earn some pub bux lol!
    No excuses for lack of entry fee.. if its not transferred to me before tourny start you do not get to play! So Earn, beg or borrow haha!

If you are unable to make the final... that would be on you... you will have earned money from the qualifying tournament...there would be no refunds... (unless you had paid an entry fee for the final and told me in advance you couldnt make it)

Questions to be resolved:

Is there enough interest? if u would be in for let me know so we have an idea of how much!
    Entry Fee: 500k, 750k 1mill
    Day of the Tourny: Ive been doing some on Wednesday nights but i realize thats not always suitable for Euros.... If this is done when leagues are over could do Saturday or Sunday Afternoon.. similar to league times.

Im sure ill edit this, im still on my first cup of coffee here... but open to suggestions for sure.
    I know we cant make everyone happy with the rules and setup as much as we try.... so we will do the best we can to make it fair and fun for everyone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dark Background Version:

HI there folks,

Seems there is alot of interest in Tournaments, and always alot of people that love to talk!

So i was thinking last night watching guys in tourny about stepping up the game a lil bit.

Proposal:

4 weeks of Tournaments, with top 4 from each tournament will Qualify for the final Tournament. (Could be 8 but 4 would be easier to track... but open to thoughts)
    In the Final Tournament im thinking Double Knockout so you have a chance if you have 1 bad game to still bounce back.

Entry Fee:
    Initially i thought 500k but am leaning to either 750k or 1million

Of the entry fee 15 or 20% will be held back to boost the prize of the Championship Tournament.

Rest of the Prize goes out in each tournament... thus giving incentive for qualifiers to play all tournaments.

Setup:

For the first run i thought solo WB's, if theres enough interest maybe a jav one the next one.
    Qualifying Tournaments Single elimination(1 loss your out)... Championship Tourny Double Elimination(2 losses your out)
    Will use tourny bot for first 4 tournaments but will run the Championship Manually because of Double Elimination.
    Will have a bracket setup and as you earn a spot in the Finals you will enter a slot on the bracket based on your finish place in your Qualifier.

Anyone that wants to throw in extra pub bux for a booster to the Championship Tournament would bet great... I will throw in as much as i can... probably about 3million

We will have at least a 2 week heads up so if anyones short on entry fee.. you can earn money in pub darn fast these days... so help stimulate pub and earn some pub bux lol!
    No excuses for lack of entry fee.. if its not transferred to me before tourny start you do not get to play! So Earn, beg or borrow haha!

If you are unable to make the final... that would be on you... you will have earned money from the qualifying tournament...there would be no refunds... (unless you had paid an entry fee for the final and told me in advance you couldnt make it)

Questions to be resolved:

Is there enough interest? if u would be in for let me know so we have an idea of how much!
    Entry Fee: 500k, 750k 1mill
    Day of the Tourny: Ive been doing some on Wednesday nights but i realize thats not always suitable for Euros.... If this is done when leagues are over could do Saturday or Sunday Afternoon.. similar to league times.

Im sure ill edit this, im still on my first cup of coffee here... but open to suggestions for sure.
    I know we cant make everyone happy with the rules and setup as much as we try.... so we will do the best we can to make it fair and fun for everyone.

Working...
X