NEW graphics for pub and MORE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW graphics for pub and MORE!

This was long overdue. Started working on alternate and addition graphics to add to the experience about two years ago. Got interested in them again this week and I now have some to show.

The first graphics will be focused on pub in particular, but it's not unlikely some of them will trickle down into base or TWBD for example. The biggest addition is the progress bar, that depletes over time. When it's empty, the team currently holding the flag, wins. The jackpot display, and round timer, are there to give people an idea what they are playing for without it taking up yet another spot on your screen.

What I want to know now is:
    • Would you like these graphics changes, which ones in specific?
    • If you don't like them, which ones, and why?
    • Do you like this color scheme, or would you prefera different color scheme?
    • Should I create a graphics package you could install yourself, or add these to the server?
    • Is there something you would like to see added that's not already included here?
    • Would the addition of a progress bar to TWBD add to the gameplay, or distract to much?

List of the added/changed graphics (image attached):
    • New healthbar
    • New display top right
    • New 30s countdown font
    • New energy font
    • New round countdown timer top right
    • New money display
    • New round time + jackpot display on wall top of flagroom
    • New claim progress bar on wall beneath flag
    I tried to create a more uniform color theme across all elements, though I might have made some a bit too bland.

Ship set is by turban, which can be found here: https://forums.trenchwars.com/forum/...custom-gfx-set

Feedback is greatly appreciated!

looks cool. some additional programming required but: Revive wasp overlay skin to have the wasp ship overlay which gives them a slight advantage as no one can tell what ship they are immediately. this will motivate people to win. Also give green ship tint for freespirit for the highest $$$s person, so I know who should be giving me $$$s. special base queen skin to who has highest average points per kill (>x points), special pink pussy skin for Marcola, Jamal, and BobR. And a special sharp shooter skin for the highest W/L % (>x opints). Even though annoying, need faster graphics / bigger explosions to attract younger people to make game seem more fast paced, for example graphic proximity of bombs correlated to the blast radius impact, mandatory bullet trails for bullets length correlating to the power of the bullet. Shrink pub map for more action and spawns closer to base. consider adding low damage prox projectiles / mines. also you are rich, can I have some of that $$$s.

Comment

healthbar - nah, should be consistent in all arenas imo
      top right - yes, current one is confusing, particularly during the flag reclaim period, every time I reclaim it ignores me and hands the flag to the opponent anyway
      30s countdown - meh
      energy font - meh
      top right countdown - yes
      money display - meh, pubbux is pointless imo
      round time display - meh, jackpot display - meh
      claim progress bar - meh, assuming this is the time between me touching the flag and the timer counting for my team, aka the reclaim period
      • Would you like these graphics changes, which ones in specific?
        • above
      • If you don't like them, which ones, and why?
        • above
      • Do you like this color scheme, or would you prefera different color scheme?
        • it's fine
      • Should I create a graphics package you could install yourself, or add these to the server?
        • players shouldn't have to do anything, if it's good enough to put on the server then do that, if it's not good enough then abandon it
      • Is there something you would like to see added that's not already included here?
        • ban chat trolls, ban freespirit - you can make pub as good as you want, but I'm not going to play it while these people are wrecking it.
      • Would the addition of a progress bar to TWBD add to the gameplay, or distract to much?
        • flag claims are instant in twbd? so what would this be for? regardless, it isn't needed. prolly just something else to go wrong with a jupe.

Comment

The round-time & jackpot above flag room, and claim progress bar are definite Yes's from me.

Personally I don't care about the new font or energy bar but agree they look more modern, so sure.

Comment

more greens
          Leland

Comment

Cool ideas there, Lizzo. Unfortunately most of them wouldn't just require additional programming, but also an entirely new game/client.

healthbar - nah, should be consistent in all arenas imo
            Yeah, I'll leave the standard graphics unchanged. I might just make an optional graphics package down the line.

top right - yes, current one is confusing, particularly during the flag reclaim period, every time I reclaim it ignores me and hands the flag to the opponent anyway
            Do you mean the animations that are shown to indicate if the flag is being claimed, or the round is almost done?

claim progress bar - meh, assuming this is the time between me touching the flag and the timer counting for my team, aka the reclaim period
            I described it poorly. It's actually showing the time that's left until the team holding the flag wins the round. So for twbd it would be two bars starting in the middle and filling up. It would give you the info you are about to win/lose at a glance, although less accurate.

round time display - meh, jackpot display - meh
            Will most likely give people the option to opt out of those. Or when the majority hates it, the option to opt in.

Comment

Originally posted by BIET View Post
              Do you mean the animations that are shown to indicate if the flag is being claimed, or the round is almost done?
              Being claimed. It kinda blinks for a bit, which is an indication that you have time to recapture the flag. But recapturing the flag within the recapture timer doesn't actually recapture the flag.
              See: https://forums.trenchwars.com/forum/...pture-time-bug

Originally posted by BIET View Post
              I described it poorly. It's actually showing the time that's left until the team holding the flag wins the round. So for twbd it would be two bars starting in the middle and filling up. It would give you the info you are about to win/lose at a glance, although less accurate.
              Ah. IMO we don't need that in twbd, the scoreboard we currently have is fine. For pub - meh.

Comment

Just please don't change the color of bouncy balls of terrs and please leave the mines and other shots the same shape/colorish maybe just a oldie and dodging them is built in and hey maybe a new color would be nice and making the ball holder green seems nice. The ship colors just look brighter np there so long as no clutter on the hud meh looks fine. Years of flying between mines might need updating and learning to dodge jav bombs other than that hey its progress we haven't seen in a long time.

Comment

Working...
                X