No announcement yet.

staff are honestly pretty fucking useless with ?help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I normally let a minute pass. But if i notice there are calls made shortly before I log in that arent answered I wil take them and try to follow up on them.
    I noticed OPc's calls yesterday when i loggeed on befoe work, but they were over 3 hours old at that point.
    Former TW Staff

Comment

Lol. Jones, if you would like to show how the perfect staffer works, than i welcome you. http://www.trenchwars.org/index.php?v=staffapplication . If you think you will do better, we welcome your application. However, you have absolutely no right to complain that our volunteers arent serving your needs well enough when you arent willing to lend a hand yourself. Try to see the logic behind this argument. You arent staff. Yet you claim to know that we can do more. You have no way of knowing this, because you arent staff. And (pending application) you show no interest in becoming staff or trying to do more like us. So please, there are better causes to whine for. Also, im done with this thread. bye

Comment

He doesn't have a right to complain unless he's been on staff?

um....

Regardless of whether or not this situation was handled right, or the question was valid, or any of this stuff... I completely disagree with what you just said there Willby. Some people just aren't interested in the management side of the game, this means they can't complain about how the game they enjoy is being run?

It's good to encourage people to apply to staff,.. but don't say they can't complain if they don't.
        Last edited by vaped; 12-11-2012, 07:05 PM.
        Fuck it.

Comment

That's like saying that people don't have the right to complain about their government because they haven't been in political office?

Does that make sense to you?
          sigpic
          All good things must come to an end.

Comment

Originally posted by vaped View Post
            That's lame...

What was your question? >.<
            This ^
            5:beam> why is every custodian in the vampire diaries a big black guy who gets eaten by a vampire
            5:beam> this show incredibly racist
            5:beam> got a party with 10000 white ppl no other ethnicity in sight
            5:beam> all of a sudden 300 pound black custodian comes out of nowhere to get eaten

2:Oderus Urungus> fis gets moist in the crotch when she has an opportunity to shiplock me

Comment

Originally posted by KATC View Post
              This ^
              Confidential outside of staff talk. I could let you know in-game what the general issue was.
              Former TW Staff

Comment

Originally posted by WillBy View Post
                Lol. Jones, if you would like to show how the perfect staffer works, than i welcome you. http://www.trenchwars.org/index.php?v=staffapplication . If you think you will do better, we welcome your application. However, you have absolutely no right to complain that our volunteers arent serving your needs well enough when you arent willing to lend a hand yourself. Try to see the logic behind this argument. You arent staff. Yet you claim to know that we can do more. You have no way of knowing this, because you arent staff. And (pending application) you show no interest in becoming staff or trying to do more like us. So please, there are better causes to whine for. Also, im done with this thread. bye
                Actually, players should be able to openly complain if they believe a staffer is not doing his job properly. My post was centered around how to act and how not to act when a help call is made. Based on my experience working as a retailer, helping customers is the biggest responsibility I have. When they ask something, I'll help them as best as I can and if I don't know I'll get someone more experienced to help them. ZH's are very similar to this in my opinion. How they handle help calls and other basic stuff that players need isn't just about them, it is about all of Trench Wars staff, every single staffer from ZH's to SysOPs represent TW Staff and I find it imperative that they use the best of their abilities to help players.

Yes, yes I know, there are many trolls/assholes etc. I have personally experienced many rude/dumb customers and all I can do is sit there, smile and try and be helpful.

As for joining staff. I feel my skills are not what this zone needs. This zone needs more Ardours, people who want to program bots and make sure TWL and TWD are running smoothly. If I had experience and motivation to do something in Java, I certainly would have joined already.

Last but not least, I will quote Trench Wars Objectives from the Homepage:
                ...communication between Staff and the Player Base is essential. Therefore staff are to converse with players when it is necessary (For Example; ?help calls/Hosted Events/Complaints etc) or at their own will.
                TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

I agree with the sentiment, its too easy to hide behind volunteering if you're incompetent. Or avoiding part of your job because you do it for free.
                  (Children)>hunted for life
                  (zhou)>ofc u hear things cus ur still a virgin
                  :zhou:i dont wanna go deaf bro

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
                    zeebu is right...if u do a legit help call they will pretend to be afk but once u type nig like 7 show up in arena
                    This is no lie, try it sometime.

Originally posted by WillBy View Post
                    Lol. Jones, if you would like to show how the perfect staffer works, than i welcome you.
                    Celestial Jeddak uses Grammar Nazi attack.
                    I don't need to be staff to know 'than' should be 'then'. I've always found this little mistake to display poor control over logic. I like to make fun of all people who make this mistake, even though I make transcription errors (these types of errors) myself. 'Than' and 'then' have very different meanings. I think you ought to read up on them. It's really simple to learn the difference; you can do it.

P.S.
                    FUCK STAFF
                    Last edited by Celestial Jeddak; 12-20-2012, 01:51 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Celestial Jeddak View Post
                      Celestial Jeddak uses Grammar Nazi attack.
                      I don't need to be staff to know 'than' should be 'then'. I've always found this little mistake to display poor control over logic. I like to make fun of all people who make this mistake, even though I make transcription errors (these types of errors) myself. 'Than' and 'then' have very different meanings. I think you ought to read up on them. It's really simple to learn the difference; you can do it.

P.S.
                      FUCK STAFF

Their their Jaddak, this is'nt something too get two workedup a bout.
                      Former TW Staff

Comment

there there
                        sigpic

Comment

bear bear
                          sigpic

Comment

beer beer
                            TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

i'll pay for half the abearshun

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

"Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
                                Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
                                Dral>I can get implants

Comment

Working...
                                X