New TWD/TWL system idea.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New TWD/TWL system idea.

Well I spent quite a while thinking of a way that TWD and TWL could be changed for the better, without having to do alot of coding, and without pissing alot of people off. And here is my idea.

My new idea for TWD is to bring more squad stats than just rating into affect when choosing TWL squads mainly, and to do this I want there to be a point system instead of a rating system. 5 points would be given for a good stat on twd.org and -5 for a bad stat.

So lets say Squad X has 200 games, 150 wins, 50 losses, 20 best win streak, and 1300 average rating at the end of the twd season correct?

200 games at 5 points per game = 1000 points
    150 wins at 5 points a win = 750 points
    50 losses at -5 points a loss = -250 points
    20 win streak at 5 points per win on streak = 100 points
    300 above the original average rating of dueled squads at 5 points a point = 1500 points.

So the squad would have 3100 points for the TWD season. So some of you are probaly wondering why this would be worth doing. I think this will promote activity among inactive squads that just coast their way into TWL. The 4 playoff squads from the previous season still get in, but other than that its all about the points. This would make squads that spent an entire twd season playing games and working hard to get into twl have more of a chance to get into twl, and squads that form a week before twl and still get in less likely to get in. Also squads that have been playing together and haven't dissolved for an entire twd season are less likely to dissolve in twl. Besides all of that, I also thinks this spices up TWD a bit, sorta a new flavor to an old dish, that might bring alot of players back, or maybe start caring about their squads records a little bit more.

Now as far as TWL goes I really don't like the two conferances of 8 squads, why you ask? I think squads that aren't performing well should be kicked out earlier, so the squads that are playing well have more time to play each other instead. My suggestion, a World Cup style tournament, 4 groups with 4 squads in them each. Group A-D. The first tournament session would be six games played, top two from each group moving on, before moving to two groups of 4 players, where a series of 6 more games would wittle down the field of squads to 4. Starting the semi-finals, and then the Finals. The worst squads would lose in the first session, and there would still be over half a season of the top half of squads playing against each other to enjoy. This would solve the problem of bad squads wasting time in TWL and would increase the overall competitiveness of the entire event.

Well anyways, these are my ideas to change the TWD/TWL system to this season, feel free to post feedback.

--- Wark <ER>
    Rabble Rabble Rabble

not bad :turned:
    1:abbot> i think i played well
    1:brookus> abbot last time i checked YOU lost
    1:brookus> so im going to say that YOU sucked as well

7:Sleuth> HOW DO YOU FUCKS SAY CRACKER
    7:Vue> WE SAY CRACKER
    7:Vue> U DIPSHIT

7:Rampage Jackson> wtf are you guys drunk or 15?
    7:Vue> lol jackson when sleuth is online everyone becomes 15

oar> i got rejected from Stray
    oar> and both of their caps are on my personal chat
    oar> but its ok

Comment

Originally posted by wark <ER>
      I think this will promote activity among inactive squads that just coast their way into TWL.
      In that case for example -F- or Syndi couldn't enter leagues?
      -Kawrae

Comment

Well, you could just play all regular season instead of coming back once a year to play TWL. so yes.
        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Sadly the players that go inactive are usually the ones that already are so good in the game that they have nothing more to accomplish. I think it would be unfair to NOT let these players play when they still are, in fact, some of the best players in this game. TWL should be about getting the best players to play, not necessarily the most active ones.
          Erathia> IF YOU SPIDERS CONTINUE CAMPING I WILL BAN YOU AND CALL IT RACISM

SeRtIfi> What's the point of going out with friends everyday just to hang out when I meet them in school and sometimes on weekends anyways, if I can play in SubSpace with them?

Comment

if i get this right, this would be a good idea.
            So squads wouldnt dissolve so quick ad you have more stables squads too.
            Right?
            Rudy> Maisoul has a history of making men out of girls. Something in his physiology.

Morgane> was that fun?
            waxer> like the first time i had sex, i cried
            Morgane> u really cried the first time u had sex?
            waxer> LOl,no
            waxer> im just like kthx, i never had sex

Comment

Originally posted by wark <ER>
              200 games at 5 points per game = 1000 points
              150 wins at 5 points a win = 750 points
              50 losses at -5 points a loss = -250 points
              = 150 wins at 10 points a win = 1500 points

Comment

Originally posted by Spikester
                Sadly the players that go inactive are usually the ones that already are so good in the game that they have nothing more to accomplish. I think it would be unfair to NOT let these players play when they still are, in fact, some of the best players in this game. TWL should be about getting the best players to play, not necessarily the most active ones.
                I think this theory is totally wrong. TWL and SS in general need active players. INACTIVE super-duper-awesome vets/elite players ruin TWL. Who needs unstable squads that rely on the appearance of 1 or 2 players that are UNRELIABLE. I don't want a leet TWD team get into TWL then have it's inactive superduper players become even more inactive and sink/dissolve/get-kicked-out of TWL.

If you wanna be inactive go play pub, TWD, ?go base, ?go wbduel, ?go tourny, ?go whatever. There are more than enough options for you to play. Just don't ruin TWL. TWL needs ACTIVE players. All the rest of the events, arenas simply don't.

Comment

i would love to see this implimented or at least recieve a trial run??? since everything else is restarting, why not try htis for a while?

Comment

8 teams make the playoffs

but this would be interesting
                    violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
                    [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

I think rating is better than points. But I hate conferences, I think the whole TWL should be playoff, and all TWD squads wishing to participate should be able to. #1 plays #n, #2 plays #n-1 and so on.

Comment

Hmm I will try to answer a few questions and points as best as possible.

First off, I think that squads like -Final- and Syndicate should play more often as it would benefit Trench Wars, but at the same time I see your point, something we could do to make off-set this problem would be to offer a +300-500 point bonus for a consecutive season played, that they are still alive. So if -Final- plays in the 2006 season, and is still alive for the 2007 season, they have an advantage point wise automatically, but nothing that would make them auto-qualifiers, that way they would still have to put in some time during the twd season.

Eight teams wouldn't really make the playoffs, there would be a six game round of 16, a six game round of 8, and then semi-finals and finals, so instead of 11 weeks till semi-finals, there would be 12 weeks, it would add one more week, but the round of 8 would be the top squads, and they would get to play each other a little more often, I think this would make the league a little more fun, and would also cut down on scheduling problems after the sixth week was done.

If you like rating better than points, what if we combine the two, All we would have to do is do the five points per 1 rating system we did above, and apply it to a squads Rating in the division/divisions they are going for. So say a squad has 1600 points in TWDD, you could do 600x5 = 3000 - Then Rating would still be the main determining factor, but other factors could come into play as well, just to spice things up a little.
                        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

-f- played a hell of a lot this season

EDIT: i think this system could be worked on a bit and really effectively pick some squads who deserve to make TWL. I havent given it any thought to be honest as I didnt think people would respond well to it. But since they have, i'll list some pros and cons

TWL idea:

Con: The season is extended by a week overall, even though postseason is - 1 week.

Pro: World cup group setup of TWL is really logical. Squads who are generally the highest threat later in the season of dissolving are eliminated before they matter. And since squads get eliminated early, I dont think you'd have to separate the leagues (also you can just give byes for dissolved squads instead of replacing them).

Idea: Formation of groups should be based on TWD points so that people try in TWD and take it more seriously.

Group A: 1, 2, 15, 16
                          Group B: 3, 4, 13, 14
                          Group C: 5, 6, 11, 12
                          Group D: 7, 8, 9, 10

Winners of A meet winners of D, B vs C. Semifinals are the top 2 teams in each of those brackets.

Groups A and B would be rather boring, but they will have earned it in preseason by playing so well.

TWD Idea: I always thought something was needed to prevent straight feeding. This system would help and its relatively simple
                          Last edited by Izor; 08-03-2006, 11:17 PM.
                          I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                          I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Very good ideas that I agree with. However if these 4 "conferences" are formed, it just must be made sure 4 great squads aren't in the same one, and have a conference full of newbs.. Hopefully if the population of TW becomes more vet based like it used to be there will be all good squads in twl, but until then some opinion might need to be used or something.

Edit: Izor basically answered this with an easy solution.. GJ
                            Last edited by Killer Soldier; 08-03-2006, 11:21 PM.
                            Lofty> Why must I sit in my chat, listening to some pseudo-homosexual adolescent males go over my looks with such care

Comment

This promotes bottom feeding more than ever to maintain that win streak. If you were to impose a restriction to who you can challenge then thats too many restrictions onto this already intricate new program you plan to put into TWD.
                              ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                              Failure teaches success.

Comment

Working...
                              X