New TWD/TWL system idea.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kim
    This promotes bottom feeding more than ever to maintain that win streak. If you were to impose a restriction to who you can challenge then thats too many restrictions onto this already intricate new program you plan to put into TWD.
    Yeah, makes sense since win streak isnt that important anyway that that might be removed.

Other aspects of this idea deserve a good look though, such as promoting activity. my outline would be

((Games/5) + (wins-losses) + Rating)*(Ave R/1000)

Possibly to help out previous season's playoff squads: +X points for making quarterfinals, +X for making semis, and +X for making finals. Not only does this help returning playoff squads make league, it gives them a better chance at making the easier schedule if they're relatively active.

I havent plugged in hypothetical situations to this formula yet, but if there is enough of an interest it can be revised.
    Last edited by Izor; 08-04-2006, 12:04 AM.
    I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
    I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Kim, your talking about how a win streak could improve your point value that much, lets say you bottom feed all season and get a 100 game win streak (not going to happen btw) Well your average rating of squads dueled would go down, and average rating is a much higher number than win streak. So you would be screwing yourself over, I have already thought of most of the problems that could happen with this system, and its fairly fool proof.
      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

i dont like this idea.. cause many of us dont have that much time to play so many games just to get into TWL

just do the rating.. nice and simply and it shows who REALLY has the shit to play in TWL

take -f- and synd as example... always inactive as fuk during off-season and when TWL is near.. all they have to do is spend a week to kick all top seeded squads get the points and enter TWL
        9 TWL Titles - 5 TWLJ 3 TWLD 1 TWLB

4:Akuun> Did Neth tell u about his Sims game?
        4:Nimrook> No?
        4:Nethila> omfg.. i have babies with your girl in Sims!
        4:Nimrook> ooo.. well i understand Neth, it's not your fault that u cannot make real ones.. cause u were born like that.. i guess u will have to make babies in your Sims game
        4:Akuun> ROFL
        4:Akuun> Hahahahahaha
        4:Thundermare> Neth = owned
        4:Nimrook> lol

3:Zell> popped boners a couple of times, couldnt aim at the cue ball

Comment

Syndicate made Finals, so they are automatically in, and -Final- was plenty active last TWD season. And TWL shouldn't just cater to the squads who can spend a week playing again and getting into TWL it should also be there for people who play for 3-4 months benefitting the zone while doing so to get there.
          Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

i understand where u getting from..

but then if u ask me.. squads that play 3-4 months non-stop.. and getting into TWL cause of activeness is great.. and it does benefit the zone

but isnt TWL all about competition? i just dont see it being competitive as b4 if we get good squads beating weaker squads every game
            9 TWL Titles - 5 TWLJ 3 TWLD 1 TWLB

4:Akuun> Did Neth tell u about his Sims game?
            4:Nimrook> No?
            4:Nethila> omfg.. i have babies with your girl in Sims!
            4:Nimrook> ooo.. well i understand Neth, it's not your fault that u cannot make real ones.. cause u were born like that.. i guess u will have to make babies in your Sims game
            4:Akuun> ROFL
            4:Akuun> Hahahahahaha
            4:Thundermare> Neth = owned
            4:Nimrook> lol

3:Zell> popped boners a couple of times, couldnt aim at the cue ball

Comment

Originally posted by Sufficient
              I think this theory is totally wrong. TWL and SS in general need active players. INACTIVE super-duper-awesome vets/elite players ruin TWL. Who needs unstable squads that rely on the appearance of 1 or 2 players that are UNRELIABLE. I don't want a leet TWD team get into TWL then have it's inactive superduper players become even more inactive and sink/dissolve/get-kicked-out of TWL.

If you wanna be inactive go play pub, TWD, ?go base, ?go wbduel, ?go tourny, ?go whatever. There are more than enough options for you to play. Just don't ruin TWL. TWL needs ACTIVE players. All the rest of the events, arenas simply don't.

Well -f- wasn't active during offseason and look where they are now. TWLB and TWLD finals. Now, the squads that usually go into twl and dissolve are new squads with newer players, not ones formed by older players (take for example syndicate that was reformed a few months before twl season 9 started). Inactive or not, the best players should play in twl. This shouldn't even be arguable, since the idea of twl is to see what's the best team in trenchwars.
              Erathia> IF YOU SPIDERS CONTINUE CAMPING I WILL BAN YOU AND CALL IT RACISM

SeRtIfi> What's the point of going out with friends everyday just to hang out when I meet them in school and sometimes on weekends anyways, if I can play in SubSpace with them?

Comment

Under the system I suggested based on this idea, -f- and synd wouldn't have to be super active because they'd get such a huge bonus for playing well this season. The purpose of TWD during qualifying becomes to determine your schedule and reward you for playing and playing well. I think if the formula can be worked on a little bit it could be something very simple, and very logical. The purpose is to not penalize good squads who win a lot but dont play - it is to promote squads being active by bumping them up a position or two if they play well.

It would be nice to hear from someone who 'matters' that thinks this would be a good idea, or even some criticism saying what bad sides of it might be. I like to think that I take all things into consideration when I propose ideas, but sometimes things slip through the cracks
                I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Originally posted by Izor
                  Under the system I suggested based on this idea, -f- and synd wouldn't have to be super active because they'd get such a huge bonus for playing well this season. The purpose of TWD during qualifying becomes to determine your schedule and reward you for playing and playing well. I think if the formula can be worked on a little bit it could be something very simple, and very logical. The purpose is to not penalize good squads who win a lot but dont play - it is to promote squads being active by bumping them up a position or two if they play well.

It would be nice to hear from someone who 'matters' that thinks this would be a good idea, or even some criticism saying what bad sides of it might be. I like to think that I take all things into consideration when I propose ideas, but sometimes things slip through the cracks
                  I'm not sure if I count as "mattering" but I think there are some good ideas here. I'm not very good at multitasking so I'm focusing on the new TWD system right now. I will probably have more constructive things to add to this conversation once TWD is updated =)

Comment

dont like the new idea, basically if u face ppl with 400 rating above u..... u get positive points from losing still..... -5 for the loss

400 above the original average rating of dueled squads at 5 points a point = 2000

Comment

Originally posted by CreaK
                      dont like the new idea, basically if u face ppl with 400 rating above u..... u get positive points from losing still..... -5 for the loss

400 above the original average rating of dueled squads at 5 points a point = 2000
                      I can't believe how stupid some people are. Do you honestly think that a squad is going to play squads ranked 400 twdd points over them every single game for an entire twd season? And I even said before that we could go by Rating also, so that would make the reason you don't like the new idea even less intelligent. There are about 10 squad as a whole recorded stats as far as the ladder is concerned, and we only use one of them to decide who makes TWL, when we should be using more of them. Games played shows a squads activity, Wins/Losses shows a squads skill to a certain extent, streak also shows a squads skill, and then when added with average rating, and rating you have a good system here. Every single stat that is in this system is in check by another stat so it isn't abuseable.
                      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

wark quit going on about it, it wont happen.

Comment

Don't tell me what to do Basing ZH. I know it won't happen because instead of listening to old players who actually know about this zone they would rather think their own ideas are great by having a bunch of kiss asses on staff say its a great idea.
                          Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by wark <ER>
                            Don't tell me what to do Basing ZH. I know it won't happen because instead of listening to old players who actually know about this zone they would rather think their own ideas are great by having a bunch of kiss asses on staff say its a great idea.
                            it work happen because of that attitude of yours.

Let me remind you: active squad doesnt neccessarily means they deserve to be in TWL. Besides, if you look at your own system closely, it's still based won win/loss ratio. the more games you play doesnt mean the more points you get. if you look at the twd ladder closely, you'd find out that not many squads have a 1.5+ win/loss ratio. if you can only get a 1.0 ratio, you basically end up with 0 points. you can have a squad that played 200 games, win only 50 of them, who will then end up with -500 points. which won't get them into TWL for sure.

and as kim stated, point system will just create a huge bottom feeding trend.

ps - you do know that pure and i dont run twd. so you just bitched one of the more respected smod in the zone. good job
                            1 + 1 = 1

Comment

Nethila once again you prove your ignorance, perhaps this is why you are incapable of running TWL properly, not like I have to worry about that anymore.

You are taking one part of the system and purposefully trying to make it look bad without looking at the system as a whole. Nobody would have - points first of all, because the only - stat would be losses, and for a games played you get +5. So that kills any possibility of getting - points for the season. Most top squads have higher than 1.0 ratio of games won/lost anyways, atleast most TWL calibur squads do.

You see nethila this is your problem, perhaps you should read things more carefully and you wouldn't make so many mistakes. My posts, TWL rules, etc.

Btw your talking to one of the most respected ER's ever, you just bitched out one of the most respected ER's ever! Good Job.
                              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

hey wark, if you havent noticed yet, let me tell you.

you are acting in the exact same way you described those 'incompetent uppder mods'. you are being arrogant and ignoring all negative feedbacks about your ideas. you think so greatly of your own idea that you just reject any rejections. just being an older mod doesnt make your idea perfect wark. think about it. maybe before bash someone else, you should think about the way you are acting yourself.
                                1 + 1 = 1

Comment

Working...
                                X