Style of Dueling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nockm
    I don't see how it would promote team rushing all the time and how the old system requires more from the player, and is more exciting. That's 3 points I'd like you to explain pls
    Ok, not perhaps all the time but it would. When done properly you should be able to get more kills, doesn't matter that much if you die too. Whereas staying alive in TWD/TWL is more important than in a kill race. Thus it requires more from the player too. As for that last thing, everyone has their opinions. DD is exciting, JD is fun and BD boring :P

Comment

Before ANYTHING gets implemented into this league, it will be thouroghly tested. Although problems arise no matter how carful you are, the plan is to test EVERYTHING well before the league begins. So, if the reason you are not for this idea is because it could lead to problems with the bot and scoring, there's no need to fear.

I don't forsee suiciding/rushing as a problem because if you rush, you have just as much of a chance as dying as the person you are trying to kill. Just because the point system is based on kills, doesn't mean staying alive isn't important.
      Last edited by Vehicle; 04-13-2005, 03:16 PM.
      Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
      Message has been sent to online moderators
      2:BLeeN> veh yes
      (Overstrand)>no
      2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
      2:BLeeN> ok then no
      :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
      (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Why does everything have to be made through example in basing structure. Why doesn't basing mould to how dueling is? JEEBUS
        ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
        Failure teaches success.

Comment

That's not the motive behind this THe point is, it's a different league and I'm trying to add a little excitment to the mix. I think a new style of gameplay in a smaller league is a good way to draw more players, and possibly affect the larger league.
          (Overstrand)>no

Comment

Originally posted by Kim
            Why does everything have to be made through example in basing structure. Why doesn't basing mould to how dueling is? JEEBUS
            Kill the enemy terrier 10 times to win. Every minute you hold the flag, you get a life back to your terrier. And you can stock up to 5 extra lives (in effect: 15 lives max).
            DELETED

Comment

Both options have their good things. But race to 50 sounds kind of nice tho. Should try it in that draft. And i'm not only saying this because it would make my style more valuable :P
              Mirror <ZH> omg it shark
              Mirror <ZH> this sucks
              Server> dont worry mirror
              Server> shark fits your tits
              Peace <ZH>> shut up
              Peace <ZH>> i do not apperciate you talking to my girlfriend in that manner

i.d.> Teach me how to not choke
              Witness> well first you put it in your mouth ... but not to long

1:Hercules> ghoul
              1:Hercules> im level 90
              1:Hercules> in 9d
              1:Hercules> bought a char off ebay
              1:Hercules> cost me $50 but was worth it

Comment

I place my vote for option 1.

Why?

This emphasizes teamwork. Not only that, but you must rely on your teammates to get you kills. Not one person is allowed to choke 0-10 or else you'll probably lose. There's tons of pressure and excitement from the start. Every death or kill counts.

Option 2 will make it look like some bigass newb deathmatch fight and there will be bullets/spawning/lagrushing all over the place and you won't be able to stay alive long enough to really work with your team. What's the point of 5v5ing if half the time you're gonna be rushing by yourself (unless your whole team rushes with you, but since everyone is playing so aggressively, when will you be able to stay alive along with your whole team?)
                Last edited by Creature; 04-14-2005, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Option one...
                  and why isn't this in Polls? <_<
                  STARKITTY
                  A White Mage

Buy edu backlinks

Comment

Originally posted by Dameon Angell
                    Kill the enemy terrier 10 times to win. Every minute you hold the flag, you get a life back to your terrier. And you can stock up to 5 extra lives (in effect: 15 lives max).
                    So what would you do if a terrier didn't rush the flagroom? You can't 'force' them to suicide against the other team...

The games would basically be a test to see which team gives up first.
                    sdg

Comment

GAY event or whatever it is. Fastest one to kill (or suicide), lag helps a lot too.
                      DuelBot> You have defeated 'nessy' score: (20-11)
                      Nessy> i left for 3 years clean
                      Nessy> came back got on rampage, won twl, #1 in elim for 3 weeks, not even tryin, gg

1:King Baba> i know my name is King Baba, but you can call me Poseidon

I Luv Cook> I'll double penetrate your ass:/

Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean.

Broaden your horizons, read my blog:
                      -> http://foldhesten.mybrute.com/

Comment

!

ANIMOL> this is cool who owns, owns more, and who sucks, sucks more!
                        But I would prefer a DANGEROUS Tournament. d:
                        Last edited by AnImoL; 04-15-2005, 04:12 PM. Reason: -TESTED-
                        1:anImoL> 1:Tigerex> rofl (^=.=^) (^=.=) (^=.) (^=) (^) (^ ^) (^) (=^) (.=^) (=.=^) (^=.=^) SPIN KITTY
                        1:Mega Newbie> ROFL 8=D 8==D 8===D 8====D 8=====D PINTO EM ERECAO

Comment

Oh ok i tryed it a second ago. Fist think i can say about it is that the games were really fast... everyone was suiciding a lot wich made the game be much more close then the original snipe and run that you assist in normal games. I think that race dueling is nice because it takes a few diferent skills than the ones you normally use in a normal dueling game because everyone is "suiciding" much more. Another fact that came to my attention was the fact that a 50 kills game was pretty fast and didnt lasted to much time... there weren't also the normal last standing that can turn the whole game upside down... i would sugest the increase to 75 or 100 kills to win the game.
                          A kiss is a rosy dot over the 'i' of loving.

Cyrano de Bergerac

Comment

I vote for 3 rounds of 2v2 5 deaths each for player (with 5 ppl) where you cant repeat the same team and at least 5 ppl got to play 1 full round at some map like tourny map.
                            8:I Hate Cookies> a gota dágua foi quando falei q eu tinha 38 anos e estava apaixonado por uma garota, mas a família dela n deixava agente namorar
                            8:I Hate Cookies> aí quando todo mundo me apoiou falando q o amor supera tudo, falei q a garota tinha 12 anos
                            8:I Hate Cookies> aí todos mudaram repentinamente de opinião falando q eu era um pedófilo
                            8:AnImoL> esses amigos falsos
                            8:SCHOPE NORRIS> o amor supera tudo. da até pra esperar a puberdade
                            8:I Hate Cookies> sim... fiquei desiludido schope...

Comment

I think the 50 kills race would damage the teaming aspects that are in dueling as people might start rushing around more to get kills, I would personally say its better to keep the 10 deaths dueling.
                              I am no longer living in false hopes. All is clear to me now.

Comment

Style of Dueling

Vote!
                                (Overstrand)>no

Comment

Working...
                                X