No announcement yet.

Style of Dueling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets just do it the race way in a pre-season style match so we can see if it works or not.
    DELETED

Comment

i like regular dueling........its important to control your score,u can see if u are suiciding too much,or if u are playing too scared...
      look this example...

player1-8
      player2-8
      player3-8
      player4-8

vs

player5-6
      player6-6
      player7-is out
      player8-is out

score 42-42
      the first team have advantage playing 4 vs 2 because they know how to control score and team better.this wont happend in race dueling....
      in regular dueling u need to know how team,u need to be more smart,u need more skills,u need to control yourself,and u arent going to just suicide like crazy..
      in race dueling u are saying the player who do 12345-12325 is good like the player who do 20-0

Comment

Race is a bad idea, there's skill in hunting out the weakest link in the team so you gain advantage over the other team. In a race you might up dying a lot while hunting the weakest link and eventhough that one guy ends up going -20 you'll be in a close game because he never goes out.

I'm tired can't explain it well, but yeh race = bad

Comment

Vehicle, is this your idea or did you take it from what I posted back on the TWL boards a while back?

Anyway, I like the idea of racing. Sure, there may be weak links (but remember, this is the Draft. Chances are, no one will actually have a "weak" link like you are describing, since everyone has a big pool of players to pull from). If one is a bit weaker, then everyone else has to protect them and take advantage of the other guys focusing their attention on that one player. The vulching aspect becomes huge in that situation.

Suicide Rushing doesn't do anything since both teams get 1 kill, only making the game take less time overall. Plus, people can perform comebacks, unlike if you are say 4-9 and get up to 9-9 and then die. That person may have gotten another 5 kills in their "hot streak" before it finally ended, making their team lose.

***One alternative would be to have 50 deaths assignable to all players and the captains would assign deaths to each player based on what they want. That would add quite a bit of excitement since you won't know how many lives everyone has to give.***

Comment

Originally posted by MetalKid
            ***One alternative would be to have 50 deaths assignable to all players and the captains would assign deaths to each player based on what they want. That would add quite a bit of excitement since you won't know how many lives everyone has to give.***
            K.I.S.S. :grin:

No need to complicate things to such a degree. =)

While I agree it COULD lead to some interesting things, eventually it just wouldnt be dueling anymore. Too much fancy-crap.

Maybe you can try to write a bot for it and promote an 'alternative' tournament/league thingy which has strongly changing rules every year.

Ah well, dunno why Im talking here. Im not in draft anyway, and this has been a dead topic for ages ;p
            "Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl, is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves." - Albert Einstein

Comment

I think you guys should keep it the same as it always been. If it's not broken, don't fix it.
              RaCka> how can i get you here
              death row> well basically im holdin off cuz i jus joined sweet. so its not u, its me
              RaCka> YOU'RE DUMPING ME?!?!?!?
              death row> LOL I KNOW I JUS READ THAT LINE AGAIN

Comment

Working...
              X