No announcement yet.

TWDT Captains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, a lot of the players last season of TWDT didn't even want to play, or threatened the captain at least, that they need to trade them to another team, or else they will not play a single game. Now, these were top picks that were refusing to play. This could severely bring damage to the team's skill level.

I hope you got something that will tend to that, veh.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
    Failure teaches success.

Comment

Kim, in the rough draft of the rules I have written, there's a built in safety for annoying people who only want to be on a certain team.

Sleepy, you can sign up for the next couple of weeks, and picking will probably take place a few Sunday's from now. The amount of players on each team will be dependant on how many people sign up. However, the cap on players per team will be 25. (Those who don't get picked will have the oppritunity to play, sort of.)
      Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
      Message has been sent to online moderators
      2:BLeeN> veh yes
      (Overstrand)>no
      2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
      2:BLeeN> ok then no
      :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
      (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Originally posted by Vehicle
        Myself and i.d. sat for a good hour trying to think of people who were good in all 3 leagues
        were you high when you picked underground?
        Girl if it's alright,
        100%.

Comment

caps look good.

Comment

Could every draft team get a subsection in for example the Squads section or this TWDT section on the forums? That could make it a bit more organized, instead of having to either spam the chat or message everyone on the team. It would at least make my job a lot easier since I wouldn't have to look for a free host that supports the quick setup of forums :P

PS: I'll win.
            6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
            3 league vet

Comment

Ye could have MessageBot set up a few channels for the DT teams to make notifications easier.

Comment

messagebot hasn't been online for a month or so, has it?
                5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                5: Da1andonly> =((
                5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Originally posted by Jeansi
                  messagebot hasn't been online for a month or so, has it?
                  I pm'ed jacen about this yesterday...

Originally posted by Disliked
                  Mb hasn't been seen in over 10 days, is there any chance of it returning? Thanks.
                  Originally posted by Ikrit
                  Yes, when I get time to fix some problems with it. I've been pretty busy with school lately.

Comment

Originally posted by leroy
                    Ye could have MessageBot set up a few channels for the DT teams to make notifications easier.
                    The MessageBot isn't useful in situations common for TWL teams for example: Some guys log on only on TWL weekend, noticing a bit too late that their match was one hour ago.

Whatever, the forums would still be cool, and in my opinion it wouldn't be too hard to add the sections...
                    6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
                    3 league vet

Comment

Once you pick the guy, just PM them with your chat, I think that should be good enough for now. Getting messagebot to work permenantly would just be a bonus. Pick active players and you won't have the problem in the first place!
                      ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                      Failure teaches success.

Comment

btw, 25 players per team? that makes 200 players..A lot of people will not get picked <_< like me

Comment

I'll put a good word in for you cuji.

Comment

Wow, 25 players per team? That sounds like a bit much. It's going to take hours to pick these teams, and are there really that many decent players?
                            sdg

Comment

The last draft did take several hours, yeah. It's normally pretty fun though. 25 isn't too many. You can't help it, but lots of people will stop showing up for games and if you made the rosters too small it would lead to lots of forfeits. Especially in the base games.

Comment

Sleepy hit the nail on the head. I'm expecting over 200 players to sign up, and even if the player's aren't up to your decency standards, at least they'll be a good chance you'll show the minimum amount of players. The picking should only take 2 hours, if the caps don't get all retarded.
                                Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                                Message has been sent to online moderators
                                2:BLeeN> veh yes
                                (Overstrand)>no
                                2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                                2:BLeeN> ok then no
                                :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                                (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Working...
                                X