Hot or Not Week 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot or Not Week 3

BlackMage back with this week's Hot or Not. As always I'm not perfect and I have to try and watch 4 games at once so I'm bound to miss something or make wrong assumptions. But here I go:

TWDTD

Hot
    Once again Unabled got a 13-10, his third straight at least +3, and the rest of his teammates stayed alive (including a solid performance by Exalt 12-9) in the upset by Ruby over WOOT. Ease with a stellar 14-10 MVP, but he was let down by a teammate that I will get to later to earn the loss. Do I have a man-crush? Only if it is proven that Ease is a man. Top5Squad showed perhaps their best line and took care of business with solid play all around, so I have to give Jaa credit for that after a rough first 2 weeks. Apok and Chuckle both recovered from tough starts, as Geio and DRow played well in an advantaged situation. Raspi gets a big shoutout for starting 11-6 while playing 4v5. “Caos never gives up.” So says Caos, as he recovered from a 0-4 start to finish with a 13-7 mark. Yakuza kept Without Ease alive early with a 10-6, but Caos and Kthx(11-7) helped turn around the game from losing slightly to winning fairly easily as Without Ease stayed undefeated. They have to be the surprise team of the league so far. Crunchy Nut started hot 9-2, but then got “spawned to shit” to finish 12-10 as Internet Predators took the loss. In the last game of the week, Revenge continued 3-league dominance with a close-until-the-end win over Kobra Kai. Vt played well throughout and MVP’d 14-9. Singer had a nice clutch sub of 5-1to put them over the top. Hermit played well for KK (starting 5-1), but was overwhelmed by the end.

MVP- “Caos always MVPs.”
    Honorable mention- Vt

Not

A few captains get NOTs this week. WOOT added a non-rostered player in circlepusher (he had been dropped earlier) AND circlepusher went 2-10 in a game in which the other 4 players on his team got 8+ kills, double ouch. Speculation is that Creature was in China, asleep, but a captain should leave his assistants with proper instructions and an actual up-to-date roster. Ignite of PUMA gets a TWDTD NOT again this week since he had some lagouts/lack of show which forced them to play with only 4 players for a long duration, writing their own death sentence (although they, including Ignite, played admirably keeping the score to 33-30 until they could get a 5th in; it was a losing battle). The_Paul went 1-6 after arriving to seal PUMA’s fate. Refer was humbled and finished 2-10 this week after a HOT game last week. He didn't get much help from Ison, who got out quickly with a 6-10. I hate to pick on Pascone, but he had another poor performance this week. He started out 2-6 and finished 4-10 in a close game that didn’t finish that way.

LVP- circlepusher/Creature
    Dishonorable mention- Pascone, Refer
    Last edited by Black Mage; 07-12-2009, 09:35 PM. Reason: unabled gave Creature an excuse
    When I stab you, you stay stabbed.

T0MA> play like a man

TWDTJ

Hot

In what I thought would be a much closer game, PUMA took it to WOOT with a two-prong blitzkrieg. Barely into the game it seemed, Shock Therapy got out with a hefty 15-10 while Evasive (picked up in a trade this week) was destructive with around a 9-5 (with a few TKs). He finished 15-6 (and 3 TKs) though failed to steal the MVP from Shock. Damnifier scored a 14-10 but didn’t get much help as Revenge improved to 3-0 and beat Internet Predators behind the twin carries of Aimbot (14-9) and Dawk (13-8). Without Ease slowly pulled away from Top5Squad thanks to good performances by Golden_Aim (12-5), Raples (13-5), and Struck (10-6). Golden_Aim started hot (10-3) and Raples sealed the deal (7-2 to end it). Overcoming an early deficit, Kobra Kai took control about halfway through and beat Ruby thanks to a nice turnaround from Turmio (1-3 to 12-7) and very good play by Kim (12-6).

MVP- Evasive for being destructive to all those around him.
    Honorable mention- Raples, Kim, and Shock Therapy with all good scores in wins.

Not

WOOT got beat up overall, but struggled without around 3 of its starters, and suffered its first loss as a group. Creature/an assistant if hes still in China will have to get them refocused and/or get their asses online next week. PureOwnage (4-10) was the low totem pole in the loss, but zidane (7-10) was out first at a time just after Shock Therapy was eliminated when WOOT could have built some momentum with a number’s advantage. Crunchy Nut got off to a bad start (1-3) in Internet Predators loss. Also he finished badly (4-10). Note to Dead_Rain: He sucks at ship 2. Lifter went 1-5 before being subbed. Luckily, he had a triple-headed carry to lead Without Ease to the win over the newly depleted Top5Squad javelin wing. In that loss, Apok went 4-9. I don’t think that Jav is his ship of choice. Ruby fell apart as the game progressed, and it seems they were missing a2m who went positive the last 2 weeks for them.

LVP-Crunchy Nut’s (4-10) in the tightest loss of the week.
    Dishonorable mention- Lifter, Apok
    Last edited by Black Mage; 07-12-2009, 09:39 PM. Reason: unabled giving me new info

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

TWDTB

Hot

I got some flak last week for not mentioning shark play enough, so I dub this week “Shark Week”. Internet Predators improved to 3-0 with an easy win over Kobra Kai (15:00-2:44). Big ups to midoent who managed 6 TeKs in shark. ‘Mal, multi MVP machine, made minced meat o’many men minus mondo mortality (41-3). In a second “game of the week” that was not very close, PUMA defeated Revenge (15:00-3:11). Bill C earned the mvp, and Zizu almost pulled off a second straight deathless week in terrier finished with a single death. That obviously says a lot about his sharks pH and Stabwound. Without Ease defeated Ruby (15:00 – 10:20) in the closest game of the week. The great gray shark Golden_Aim snagged the flag for the win after Ruby stole the flag with 4 seconds left and had begun a furious , but futile, rally. “Caos always MVPs” took home another one with a week high 111 kills in spider, albeit in the longest game. Pure_Luck also made a huge terrier kill with about 2 minutes left that enabled Without Ease to take final (almost) control and moved the squad to 3-0 for the week. Dald had a good game in Shark for Ruby, leading the week with 10 flag grabs. In the last game of the week, Top5Squad gained another win, defeating WOOT (15:00-6:37). The name of the game was Terrier kills as Top5 collected 28 of them, led by Chuckle’s 13. I would be remiss to not mention Apocalypse WOW! and Olivier, who did a good job keeping the aggressive WOOT terrier menelvagor from accessing the flag room and repping him Into great position to be killed.

MVP- As much as I want to give it to Caos, it’s Shark Week so I’ll give it to midoent.

Honorable mention-Chuckle, Jamal, and

Not

In perhaps the biggest Not news, PUMA slipped up once again. They played Bill C AND Zizu In all 3 games today, which are violations. We’ll see how the ruling comes down; they may just be ineligible for all of the next week, up to a maximum of both wins this week forfeited. A few squads struggled with their sharking in this most holy of sharking weeks, Shark Week. Kobra Kai struggled to find a second shark as Vehicle lagged out numerous. Soilderz eventually settled into that role, but he and his team could not get much going against a tough opponent. Burnt’s ire was invoked by his squad as several of his key starters including Jeenyuss (shark), Cripple, and zung missed the game. His 60* player Necromotic also was subbed due in part to lag difficulties. Stayon managed not to lagout, but Draft decided to go in a different direction to start with, before realizing his team was losing. Da1andonly is not hot this week with a 10:1 team kill to terrier kill ratio (and led the week with 10 team kills). WOOT couldn’t find enough ways to break through, switching their special ship repeatedly and even trying a double jav lineup as the game neared its end. Menelvagor played a very aggressive terrier (and I don’t think that’s his best ship...) and Creature wherever he is hibernating cannot be happy with the result.

LVP- Menelvagor with almost a 1:2 k/d ratio in terrier

Dishonorable mention- Ignite playing Bill C and Zizu in all 3 games, Da1andonly's teamkills.
      Last edited by Black Mage; 07-13-2009, 12:15 AM. Reason: thanks to Chuckle for pointing out about Zizu

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

:wub:
        Ardour> my fire button is escape key. and thrust is F12. i like to make it as hard for me as possible.
        Reaver> i play subspace with a steering wheel and gas pedal and a dance dance revolution pad
        Reaver> i gotta jump on the arrows and turn left to fire
        Ardour> my movement keys are random letters. i change them regually

Glide> my parents are being evil, they stole my antenna in an attempt to ground me from internet
        Glide> so i made one

Comment

Cant blame creature. He wasnt here he was asleep
          [Aug 18 01:02] Creature: embarrassed u lsot to riverside, jsut wanted to come online for first time in many months to express my opniion. mad embarrassed 4 u

Comment

I think thats why I DO blame him. Unless he had a real good reason...

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

I was at work and therefore specced for the 4 lagout deaths
              JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
              the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

Originally posted by the_paul View Post
                I was at work and therefore specced for the 4 lagout deaths
                But you did lagout once upon return and went 1-6.

Added last section and corrected a few things.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

Hes in china right now. So the games were at what 3 am in the morning for him? And he has work at 8 sounds good enough to me
                  [Aug 18 01:02] Creature: embarrassed u lsot to riverside, jsut wanted to come online for first time in many months to express my opniion. mad embarrassed 4 u

Comment

Originally posted by Unabled View Post
                    Hes in china right now. So the games were at what 3 am in the morning for him? And he has work at 8 sounds good enough to me
                    Yeah, thats a pretty reasonable excuse but he should have given his assistants proper instructions...and maybe a roster? Or whoever is that assistant (I'm guessing Ease?) should have double checked on the website.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mage View Post
                      Dishonorable mention- Ignite playing Bill C in all 3 games
                      he also added zizu in all 3...
                      TWLD CHAMP - STRAY (SORT OF)

Comment

" .. If a player plays in all 3 league matches, the one with the largest margin of victory will be forfeited. In the event that he is the only player available, he may compete (barring it does not conflict with any other rules), but will then be unable to compete the next week entirely.. "

So, PUMA forfeits both of their wins this week? Gj.

Completely forgot that the draft matches was today. Just got home..

Comment

All the sentences don't have to be in a single paragraph. I can't read those reviews easily.

Comment

jeenyuss (shark)
                            Originally posted by turmio
                            jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
                            Originally posted by grand
                            I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

Stupid rule

I'll say this again:

if a squad is struggling to have 5 for dueling matches and 8 in basing, it shouldn't be illegal to have ppl play in 3 matches..hell it shouldn't be illegal in any case...stupid rule in the first place...ppl who can play all 3 well are really few in number anyway, is this rule in place because you want to limit their influence on games or because you want to make sure maximum number of ppl get to play? Lineups shouldn't be restricted in any way imo.

Also should have more room in roster for perhaps 6-7 level players just to avoid these situations where a squad is struggling to show enough players.

Which is better, a squad is struggling to field enough players and throws in anyone and doesn't pay attention to this stupid rule and tries to make the match worth playing?

Or realizing this and not fielding enough players, making the match obsolete for both teams and wheres the fun in that?

If puma gets punished because of this, this will probably mean whoever is playing puma next week in matches gets semi-free wins. No challenge = no fun.

Comment

Working...
                              X