No announcement yet.

Week 3 Appeals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought we should have just postponed, but if you're going to play them, just play them at their normal times. If you're gonna change the times, gotta notify people days ahead of time so captains have time to notify their teams. Don't know why we changed the order of the games the day of the games. Regardless though, the games were played so they should count and you should deny every appeal.

Comment

as if playing back to back games wasn't hard enough, lets switch all the games around without telling draft
      (Steadman)>they went out drinking... ogron siaxis and siaxis gf
      (Steadman)>apparently ogron is EXTREMELY morbidly obese and ridiculously sweaty
      (Steadman)>and he spend the entire night being awkward and staring at siaxis gf
      (Steadman)>and after that they did not meet up again...

Iron Survivor> you missed something in your sig. he also smells like cheese

Comment

Ok, in case the appeals on the wb and base matchups get accepted, Imma appeal the jav matchup...

Cause of the circumstances I had different people show at different times and had to play javs in both wb and base, resulting in having a very weak line in javs... so as long as the twdtd and twdtb appeals get through, this one gets shot at humid...

And Humid sounds like he's depressed right now and in some way I don't think he deserves this... But he could have easily avoided it by making a New thread friday night saying: THIS IS WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN THIS WEEKEND!

So basically it's a bit of his fault, but I don't think he deserves this much banter cause he does lots of free work for this game in example by organizing this league...
        TWLM-J Champion Season 8 :wub:
        TWLM-D Champion Season 9 <_<
        TWLM-B Champion Season 10 :pirate2:
        First person to win all different TWLM'ers :greedy:

Comment

Yeah, there's no way this week's games should count, for multiple reasons.

1. The only post that people saw that told people we were actually playing games today was in a random forum thread about 14 posts down that 90% of trench wars never would have seen.

2. The same post mentioned that games would start at 1 pm or 2 pm est, but humid wasn't sure yet, and he would update us on the decision. This was never done. No one even knew coming into the day what time games would be at. Case and point: Jaa pming me at 12 pm saying how he and no one else even knew if the games were going to be played and at what time. I only knew about 30 minutes before hand that games were even being played at 2 pm est due to a pm by Tres.

3. The times that games were going to be played were switched around on the spot with absolutely no notice what-so-ever.... WHAT? That's pretty self explanitory, don't even need to continue with that one.

All in all, there was no official posting saying the games would be played today, and finalizing the times that they would be played, therefore it was impossible to communicate to the team what time their games would be, or if they would even be played period. If you had decided to play the games this weekend, a couple of things had to be done.

1. Make an OFFICIAL forum post stating that the games would be played and the plans for the times of the games. Posting a replay at the bottom of a random forum thread that has no bearing to most people reading the forums what-so-ever is pretty much the dumbest thing I've ever heard. The league ops didn't even .?message the captains on the plans for the weekend and what was going on, and, also due to a conversation with jaa, I wasn't the only one who was repeatedly not responded to during the entire week trying to pry answers out of humid or tres in game.

2. Make the changes in the scheduled times thread? A lot of people read the scheduled times and anticipate that is the time they need to show. Therefore, if you don't change the scheduled times to reflect your actual plans in the OFFICIAL schedule thread, people are showing up at 2 pm, 3pm, or 4 pm depending on which league it says they need to show up for, having NO IDEA that if the games are even going to be played that they're being played back to back. You might say its the captains duty to inform the players of this... well, for one, even if it is, still needs to be posted in the OFFICIAL schedule thread,
          for two, the times and status of the games were never verified OFFICIALLY through Humid the entire week, despite numerous attempts to contact him and get all of this information verified.

You can't read everything I've written and honestly say I have no case for not thinking games should count this week. The End.

Comment

Originally posted by Mythril View Post
            Stop crying about everything. The longer this shit takes, the longer until TWL happens. The games were separated by 30 minutes, how much could it have affected you? Obviously this week is a little fucked, but at least we're playing the games instead of waiting another week.
            effected the people who log on to play one ship mostly

Comment

Can you name an impact wb who logged on at 2:30 instead of 2:00? Or an impact baser who left between 2:00 and 2:30? You guys are making this way too dramatic. You lost, get over it. Stop holding back this league and let TWL happen. I didn't play on July 4th only to have these games not count
              PattheBat> steadman your name is literally "a mean std"
              ogron> CM,OPN NMKAN

Comment

and i didnt play on 4th of july weekend to get screwed over

Comment

so top5squad goes 2-1 in the first week, which was later deemed "preseason".

then top5squad goes 2-1 two weeks later, which was later deemed "replay due to faulty bots".

now top5squad goes 3-0 with schedule issues, in which we would like to give a resounding "HELL NO" to any talk of replays.

we're probably top 5 squad in twdt
                  Gripe> apok is good but he's completely wasted his youth playing this game

Comment

stop fucking over top5squad jesus christ

not our fault none of the other squads have no lives like we do
                    GOD DAMMIT NAPPA

Comment

That's fine, but it's safe to say every game would count if basing and wbs weren't switched around. The difference in the switch was THIRTY MINUTES. So in reality, DID IT EVEN EFFECT ANYONE AT ALL? Chances are, probably not. Stop making excuses for the loss when you would have lost anyway. Yeah, games should have been played in the right order, but if it didn't even change anything, who gives a fuck?

We knew teams would be missing some players because of July 4th, but Humid made the right decision by playing games anyway. We played them, so let them count.
                      PattheBat> steadman your name is literally "a mean std"
                      ogron> CM,OPN NMKAN

Comment

Can you name an impact wb who logged on at 2:30 instead of 2:00? Or an impact baser who left between 2:00 and 2:30? You guys are making this way too dramatic. You lost, get over it. Stop holding back this league and let TWL happen. I didn't play on July 4th only to have these games not count
                        yes, regen/apok logged in at 2:30approx instead of 2:00 and logged off cause they already missed it

besides the point, you should be lucky youre even playing this pos league/twl? cause..

AREN'T YOU SUPPOSE TO BE BANNED FOR LIFE?
                        GET OUT OF HERE, ur alrdy having too much privileges

Originally posted by Ganon-Knight View Post
                        stop fucking over top5squad jesus christ
                        not our fault none of the other squads have no lives like we do
                        why is ur forum name aliased?

That's fine, but it's safe to say every game would count if basing and wbs weren't switched around. The difference in the switch was THIRTY MINUTES. So in reality, DID IT EVEN EFFECT ANYONE AT ALL? Chances are, probably not. Stop making excuses for the loss when you would have lost anyway. Yeah, games should have been played in the right order, but if it didn't even change anything, who gives a fuck?

We knew teams would be missing some players because of July 4th, but Humid made the right decision by playing games anyway. We played them, so let them count.
                        ... no way

1) i'm pretty sure it effected a lot of people considering all these posts are here already within an hour or so
                        2) if 30 minutes isn't a lot, why would humid switch the base/wb game? oh maybe because Underground didn't have enough
                        3) i'm pretty sure all 7 captains knew it was going to be july 4th and adapted to the schedule already
                        4) AREN'T YOU SUPPOSE TO BE BANNED FOR LIFE?
                        5) AREN'T YOU SUPPOSE TO BE BANNED FOR LIFE?
                        6) AREN'T YOU SUPPOSE TO BE BANNED FOR LIFE?

also, i have yet to find out which captain asked for the wb/base game to be switched, please tell us before you plan to lock this thread without doing anything.

Comment

read my post. I win. Don't count the game plz. In no official thread did it say we would be playing the games today and that they would be played back to back. And yes, I had several players such as lofty etc show up at 3/4 pm for their leagues to play according to the official schedule.

OFFICIALLY according to this forum the matches were set to be played at 2 pm basing, 3 pm, 4 pm, etc etc. In no official capacity was it ever announced games would be played back to back and so on and so forth

Comment

give me stayon steak exquis and i will consider jumping on the replay train
                            Gripe> apok is good but he's completely wasted his youth playing this game

Comment

^ approved

Comment

Originally posted by Draft View Post
                                why is ur forum name aliased?
                                Because I registered this name long before anything involving having your name verified in game was ever a part of registering for these forums. Plus it was my name back then and I'm too lazy to change it.

Also, cocks.
                                GOD DAMMIT NAPPA

Comment

Working...
                                X