This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Black Mage View Post
    We tried to get them to do something about the jav speccing...but they didn't. As you can see (especially without humid), it's hard for us to get anything done with the bots and website, etc., and the lag limit put in for twd is new and was not yet in the rules for twl/this at the start of the year.
    This basically shows staff realize they should be specced but because of lack of coders, they weren't specced automatically and therefore given a bye. IMO this is just flawed logic.

If tres deemed bf laggy enough to be changed to spider, then that should be enough grounds to warrant some kind of appeal right? Considering the bots were not updated, there was no way Tres was able to keep track of everyone's lag at all times. There is enough human error in this game to warrant a replay. How can you be sure that throughout the whole game there was only one time when bf's lag was over the limit?

Comment

This appeal is about dald not bf. He was within the lag limits that are set forth in the TWDT rules. End of story as far as the appeal goes. What you are asking for anida is to change the rules, which is a fair question to debate but has little bearing on the status of this appeal since the game took place on a level-playing field using the current rules.

In fact, if they had lost, Underground would have a better case for an appeal (although they probably wouldn't win the appeal either), since dald was not lagging out but was forced to change ships due to the judgement of the host.
      When I stab you, you stay stabbed.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

ya dald, my mistake. I wasn't thinking. However I was not questioning any of the rules. If Tres decided to sc dald, it means tres thought he was breaking the rules. That's all there is. I'm only basing it on that decision. If they are allowed to play within these settings then everyone should abide to them. However if there was any dispute due to the fact that bots are not up to date or Tres deeming it too laggy, then you'll see that my point is valid
        Last edited by AnidaLife; 07-29-2010, 01:08 PM.

Comment

As I said in my previous post, judging strictly by the rules I do not think Dald should have even been sc'd. Ruby was fortunate that Tres decided to do it, using his own judgement (and as a human, probably swayed by pleas) as host. That does not, however, automatically guarantee that a replay should be played. In fact, it was Tres himself who again used his judgement to deny the appeal. If you think Tres' judgement is the justification for the appeal, then I think that you should then abide by his judgement denying it.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

I'm sure ruby will have to accept whatever decision that has been made already. However this does not excuse the host for not following the rules and being swayed by people's pleas as you put it. If we're to expect fair games, the host has to follow the rules, it's as simple as that. This appeal seems clear it's rejected, but how do we know in the next game the host's decision will be objective again? Either stick to the rules, or stick to your decision during the game and not have to make up excuses afterwards to cover your ass.

Tres's decision was not the justification of the appeal. His decision was the justification that this appeal should be granted. If you still don't see that logic, we'll have to deal with it. It has passed. But this lack of guidelines and professionalism should not happen to a host or anyone in charge for that matters. Clarify your rules, and follow them for future games.

Comment

Well I believe we were debating the justification of why the appeal should be granted. Debating the other would be worthless.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

Oh good, now instead of giving any answers of what's to be done, you're gonna stick to arguing about a small technicality, which didn't even make sense anyways. I don't think that's what debating means. I have stated if this appeal is not granted, then so be it; but then something should be done about the host not sticking to the rules either way. And any future host better follow the rules or else there will continue to be many appeals. As it stands right now, either grant the appeal or make sure something like this doesn't happen again.

Comment

Working...
                X