This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resolution Cap for TWDT

Yes, we're back to this crap. I know some idiot javelins think that unlimited resolution gives no advantage to a player, but whether it's in TWDTD or even TWDTJ, it's a known fact between most players that it is indeed a huge advantage. I think it's time capped res normally- humid only allowed it in TWDT to test out for TWL, and, well, the people spoke AGAINST it. There is absolutely NO purpose to not have a rescap now, have some consistency between TWL and TWDT.

http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthr...olution-Limits

It's a recent topic of mention for TWD, so i'm bringing it up into twdtdtdtdtdtdtdtd. It makes terrible players like Lasenza do okay in games because they have a huge advantage over us newbs who either have a big enough monitor, and don't want to practice something that won't be done in TWL, or those who just don't have a big enough monitor.

Do something to fix one of the many aspects of this waste of a league. I put up a poll so I could prove to you what people want - hope it isn't ignored like the last one.
    Yes rescap plz
    58.97%
    No rescap plz
    41.03%

fail thread

Comment

I'll leave a comment here so I don't feel like I'm being niggardly towards RS even tho' I helped my good friend Cres with another similar post and reponse...

It's unfair for, not only for people with smaller monitors and resolution settings, but also for the newer people who are getting into TWD and even events and duel arenas. It's harder for a newer player, who has a smaller res, to judge where to shoot using his/her radar especially when vsing a better player, who has a res like 1600+ and the 1920 one Lasenza uses, who knows how to radar dodge and play the lines of the shots. That is a huge advantage over someone using the normal 1280. That's like...what? 3 extra inches on both sides of the monitor for viewing, not sure. If I had 1920 I'd definitely be playing people from the sides and play safe as hell if I got an enemy on top/bottom of radar.

Comment

Voted no but I meant yes, sry

Comment

Originally posted by Riverside View Post
          It makes terrible players like Lasenza do okay in games because they have a huge advantage over us newbs who either have a big enough monitor, and don't want to practice something that won't be done in TWL, or those who just don't have a big enough monitor.

wanna start by saying i am in favor of the res cap. in defense of lasenza, however, the majority of his kills are r1/r2 (look at his games if you want). no matter what size res a player is using, the r1-4's arent going to change/adjust whatever. so obviously lasenza is using skill and not just "straying" thanks to a big res. the only advantage he gets is better dodging of your strays. would also like to add that lasenza (believe it or not) actually teams now. mind blowing, i know, but saw and played with him myself
          Last edited by renzi; 02-14-2011, 11:51 PM.
          J-B-Inc> i ddi that duel while doing coke of pawner moms ass

8:Riverside> UPDATE FOR WEEK 1:
          8:Riverside> I go 4-60 and we lose 0-6

2:saiyan> [Dec 22 21:22] Rough: yo just came on to tell you, can you go on a real date with a girl (need to be specific here lol) instead of talking to claus on forums about calcs and formulas for a league? Happy holidays btw

Comment

It makes terrible players like Lasenza do okay in games because they have a huge advantage over us newbs who either have a big enough monitor, and don't want to practice something that won't be done in TWL, or those who just don't have a big enough monitor.
            Just another case of River thinking anyone better than him is actually terrible, which makes 3/4 of TW garbage players in his eyes.Also another thread for River to hate on lasenza's 1.9 k:d and 3.9 w:l. River's 1.1 k:d and 1.9 w:l is obviously superior.

Stop hating on other people for being better than you, and stop blaming your worthlessness on trivial factors.
            JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
            the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

going to post in support of res cap cuz i need any sort of field-levelling advantage i can get

maybe if vs me, cap 800x600? still lose but not as bad
              NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

I think their should be a res cap and I stray and radar all day.
                5:Melanoma> so I kinda cheated on my gf yesterday
                5:Melanoma> but I was drunk so it doesnt count right
                5:Oops> doesnt count if ur sober just so long as u dont get caught
                5:Melanoma> aight cool
                5:Melanoma> + it was with a dude
                5:Oops> what?
                5:Melanoma> ye
                5:Oops> you serious?
                5:Melanoma> innocent kissing
                5:Melanoma> fu
                5:Melanoma> I WAS DRUNK
                5:squallFF8> this is akward

Comment

Originally posted by renzi View Post
                  the only advantage he gets is better dodging of your strays. would also like to add that lasenza (believe it or not) actually teams now.
                  AKA; Hecklar doesn't even have to listen out for enemy shots being fired, no matter how far away he is (you stop hearing shots at about R3-correct?) he'll always be able to tell which enemy to rush just by looking infront of him. I'd say thats a pretty big advantage over the people who rely on sound and radar to team.

/dumbfuck

Comment

Originally posted by the_paul View Post
                    Just another case of River thinking anyone better than him is actually terrible, which makes 3/4 of TW garbage players in his eyes.Also another thread for River to hate on lasenza's 1.9 k:d and 3.9 w:l. River's 1.1 k:d and 1.9 w:l is obviously superior.

Stop hating on other people for being better than you, and stop blaming your worthlessness on trivial factors.
                    Hey you 0-leaguing troll, this thread wasn't based on Lasenza, I just slipped him in because ask anybody (hell, even ask raspi) and they'll tell you that lasenza is the prime example of taking advantage of reso.

My stats in TWD are irrelevant in this read, don't derail it you useless non-contributing pos. Thanks.

Comment

Hey you 0-leaguing troll, this thread wasn't based on Lasenza, I just slipped him in because ask anybody (hell, even ask raspi) and they'll tell you that lasenza is the prime example of taking advantage of reso.

My stats in TWD are irrelevant in this read, don't derail it you useless non-contributing pos. Thanks.
                      i wasnt looking to start a flame war (paul is), just defending lasenza. and by what i said and by his r1-4 stats, you cant really say he uses res to his advantage for kills. but anyway, back to boring discussion about res caps
                      Last edited by renzi; 02-15-2011, 12:32 AM. Reason: paul wants war
                      J-B-Inc> i ddi that duel while doing coke of pawner moms ass

8:Riverside> UPDATE FOR WEEK 1:
                      8:Riverside> I go 4-60 and we lose 0-6

2:saiyan> [Dec 22 21:22] Rough: yo just came on to tell you, can you go on a real date with a girl (need to be specific here lol) instead of talking to claus on forums about calcs and formulas for a league? Happy holidays btw

Comment

you mad at me because my w:l in my league is higher than yours is in your league? I voted, I just don't appreciate you taking cheap shots at my obviously superior squadmate, and even though Lasenza might let it go because it's coming from a jealous prepubescent, I'm not as nice.

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Comment

You put Hecklar on 1280x800 for a week and I'll put money on the table he won't achieve the same stats as a week on his normal res.. this obviously isn't going to happen.. just for the pure fact that no one wants to admit it.

Comment

yeah because Senza would be susceptible to strays and shit then. Most of Senza's kills come from r1 r2 like renzi said so it's not like its just a stray fest.

Comment

Originally posted by the_paul View Post
                              yeah because Senza would be susceptible to strays and shit then. Most of Senza's kills come from r1 r2 like renzi said so it's not like its just a stray fest.
                              And this is why this thread was made, so the people who have the res space don't have the advantage of early dodging of strays / sitting on the sideline picking up vulch kills. Res limit = fairer game.

/thread

Comment

Working...
                              X