This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for a smooth season

First of all, congratulations to Ruby, The Jonah Takaluas, and Propane Nightmares for winning dueling (and the overall championship), javelin, and basing respectively. Draft, Violence, and Spikey stuck it out and led their teams to victory. Also, congratulations to the Ops for tightening up the rules enough so that Jaa couldn't win anything!

I thought the season went pretty smooth (by Draft Tournament standards). Weekday games caused less forfeits than I anticipated. There was only one or two major issues requiring replays. The website (while it was online) did it's job well. The playoffs had no problems whatsoever as far as I can tell.

The massive 3-day bot failure and move to .net sapped some excitement and buzz from the league, but we moved on. The TWM podcasts were pretty good, but I haven't seen any in a few weeks. One of the downsides with me taking over as Head Op was that I really had too much to do during the match days (and in general) to pay much attention to who was doing well in order to write the Hot or Nots. I would have liked to do it along with being the Op, but 60 hour work weeks (and a crazy landlord attempting to evict my roommates and I...she failed, although not before making us do a shitload of legal work and forcing us to move out anyways... who wants to stay in a place where the landlord tried to evict you from?) made those attempts pretty futile. I promise I will get the statistics updated though (maybe by today). I was asked to run the league during mid-season, and I almost turned it down knowing how busy I was going to be. Maybe it was hubris, but I still felt I could do the best job of any of the options, despite my busyness. If I am the Op again in the future (if the league exists), I hope to have more time available to run the league right. This season was too boring! The Draft Tournament is supposed to be exciting. And for that I apologize.

I hope all the players and spectators had a fun time following the league in 2011 and thanks for the ride. This post pretty much wraps up this season, but look for the updated statistics at some point soon. Reply to this post to leave some feedback on the season also. Did you like the weekday games, did the season go by too fast, was it boring, were the teams fair, did free agency work alright, did the best team win, should the playoffs be re-seeded after round 1? etc.
    Last edited by Black Mage; 04-04-2011, 11:43 AM.
    When I stab you, you stay stabbed.

T0MA> play like a man

it was good of you to step in and take over, thanks BM. The problems that did come up were ones that, for the most part, were out of everyone's control. Well done my friend.
    JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
    the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

I'm new, please tell me where the TWDTD HoN is so people can see that I was the final's MVP (that person who went 17-7 on other team doesn't count). Thx :grin:

Comment

i told you faggots to give me 10 stars. drafting me is auto-win in twdt-d. me and rasaq will be back next year to threepeat

dezmond is a faggot

over
        PattheBat> steadman your name is literally "a mean std"
        ogron> CM,OPN NMKAN

Comment

get rocked by inflared how dare you turn my 9 star rating into 8 stars i will kill you run on sentence complete
          1:Cape> is infrared the thing that microwave does?
          Cape> i thought it was like u inferred
          1:Cape> yo when u look up at the night sky and see billions of night stars
          1:Cape> im like fuk it let this shit end

Tsunami> LOl
          beam> stfu tsunami
          Tsunami> yo this girl is dead up snoring
          beam> ur blacker than tarcoal
          Tsunami> should end her life while she sleeps

Comment

gg
            Gun remembers.

Comment

always wondered why my name is Draft.. oh yeah, this is my playground. #retiringruby #drafttouramentking #basedgod #swag

ps, Mythril = autowin in wb, JAMAL= autowin in base..
              Last edited by Draft; 04-05-2011, 01:59 AM. Reason: testing new sig
              (Steadman)>they went out drinking... ogron siaxis and siaxis gf
              (Steadman)>apparently ogron is EXTREMELY morbidly obese and ridiculously sweaty
              (Steadman)>and he spend the entire night being awkward and staring at siaxis gf
              (Steadman)>and after that they did not meet up again...

Iron Survivor> you missed something in your sig. he also smells like cheese

Comment

Working...
              X