Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hell, even for twdt lets straight up skip all the nonsense. have 8 captains draft their team, automatically put jaa's team and my team in finals in all 3

we all know lizard fuel will never win twdt #STOPTRYING
    (Steadman)>they went out drinking... ogron siaxis and siaxis gf
    (Steadman)>apparently ogron is EXTREMELY morbidly obese and ridiculously sweaty
    (Steadman)>and he spend the entire night being awkward and staring at siaxis gf
    (Steadman)>and after that they did not meet up again...

Iron Survivor> you missed something in your sig. he also smells like cheese

Comment

in my opinion we should start the next TWL season around September 18th/25th, which would mean there would be enough time to complete the season before any possible Christmas breaks, although we could even start it as early as September 11th, but that seems a bit too early to me. this would include a week break for Independence Day but no fucking breaks for that Halloween bullshit.

ideally speaking a TWL season lasts for around 12 to 14 weeks with our current setup -- the length depending on the number of preseason week(s) we would have and whether there would be a replay week, albeit i would much rather see the replays being played within regular season (read as: force the squad captains to decide when to play the god damn replay) than having to waste a week of time for a replay week. if there would be only one week of preseason and no replay weeks, it would make the season much shorter meaning we could end the league before any possible Christmas breaks, thus we would have the finals at around December 11th/18th, or even as early as November 20th if we start the season early and don't run into any major complications, such as the bot core dying for a week.

i'm sure most people would prefer to have TWL end (this is if we're going to have a new season) before any possible Christmas breaks. no one enjoys having to take a two to three week break from TWL just to play the final game(s), most people will lose interest of the league if they have to wait for too long. and then we could have another TWL season if there's enough interest, could start it around mid to late February and have it end before summer.

after all that you can have your draft tournament. just my two cents.

Comment

should never have had this summer league we're fucked no matter we do really. might as well have the draft tourny and do twl in november, have half the regular season before x-mas break, have the all-star game during the break cuz who cares who shows or plays but it's something to do, and have the second half of the season after new years. have some more games too, everyone plays a few teams twice, like the ones who are close to your skill level.

Comment

but hey, what could i possibly know? in fact, you guys can have your magnificent draft tournament with all the spectacular player ratings which will continue to amuse us for countless of weeks even after the season ends, breathtaking appeals that are always well written, marvelous trading and bidding system that isn't the slightest bit confusing and last but not least the flawless rules that have absolutely no loopholes. in the meantime we who actually want TWL to start at a proper time for once can wait another year.

as of now, i have absolutely no say in this matter unless i were to step up and become the next head of TWDT -- let's be realistic here, chances of that happening are pretty damn close to non-existent. you guys can have your draft tournament during the prime months of this game. we can wait another year or two for a TWL season that will actually be hosted during fall.

ps: fuck started writing this then went afk. too slow.

Comment

xmas and new years both fall on sundays, what would you guys think about having twl season 16 start on the weekend of january 8th? this would mean no delay for for winter holidays and it would start during the beginning of spring semester. depending on number of squads invited/replay week etc it would end late march or early april, meaning before spring semester finals. yes/no?
            Gun remembers.

Comment

Its all about the timings. Start TWL during peak population and interest. Make a poll about that instead of TWDT because TWDT should revolve around TWL.

@kthx
              I would agree to that but nowadays the competitive players don't even log on unless its for qualifications or the actual games. But I get your point, the appeal and credibility of TWL would diminish if it hasn't already.

What turban is suggesting is that we need to start TWL this September so in the future it will fall in the correct time slot. It may seem like a terrible idea right now but look at the long run. It would end before Christmas holidays. Then after the holidays we can have TWDT which would last until summer. Repeat.

edit: forgot about sunday football looooool
              Last edited by Crescent Seal; 07-19-2011, 08:23 PM.
              1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Even if you guys choose not to participate in TWDT there are always over 100 players in waivers almost every season looking to get on a squad, so there would be no loss. Only huge hit would be the competition within the league with newer players. Going by what people vote on or comment on on the forums isn't necessarily the smartest thing to do. Rarely do we see new players on here commenting on TWD, TWL, and TWDT. Will we have enough players without all the whiny veterans? Yes. Would it be fair for those players, who would have a chance to play TWDT, if we chose not to have TWDT on a specific starting date based off of what us vets want, no. Try to involve the pub more into this with more ads and let's see where it will lead. I always look forward more to TWDT than TWL because I like how it's ran and like how people can be drafted and traded.

If TWL is going to compete with NFL Sundays again than count me out.

Comment

Originally posted by Rasaq View Post
                  Even if you guys choose not to participate in TWDT there are always over 100 players in waivers almost every season looking to get on a squad, so there would be no loss. Only huge hit would be the competition within the league with newer players. Going by what people vote on or comment on on the forums isn't necessarily the smartest thing to do. Rarely do we see new players on here commenting on TWD, TWL, and TWDT. Will we have enough players without all the whiny veterans? Yes. Would it be fair for those players, who would have a chance to play TWDT, if we chose not to have TWDT on a specific starting date based off of what us vets want, no. Try to involve the pub more into this with more ads and let's see where it will lead. I always look forward more to TWDT than TWL because I like how it's ran and like how people can be drafted and traded.

If TWL is going to compete with NFL Sundays again than count me out.
                  I remember last year the whiney veterans didn't want to play either, yet they signed up and played. They were also talking about how shit TWDT is and that TWL should have started.
                  Major Crisis

Comment

obviously we can't just do another twl season a month after this one ends. everyone needs a few months to fuck around on other squads, new squads need to form, losers need to sulk in their twl losses and then we gotta deal with the month or so of qualifying.

twdt is mostly hated because you faggots usually start twdt a few months after twl when everyone is interested in playing twl again. this time around it'll be perfect as long as you start twdt within the month after twl ends since it does generate enough interest to keep people playing the game and it'll keep the game a little more interesting inbetween twl's.

so basically what i'm saying here is start twdt asap and give me 10 stars

and draft me and rasaq together again so we can threepeat in twdtd
                    PattheBat> steadman your name is literally "a mean std"
                    ogron> CM,OPN NMKAN

Comment

ROFL at your sig
                      1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Why are so many people angry at me lol. The only thing I've said is that it WILL happen again. Don't rage at me about the start time because I'm not the one deciding it, YOU ARE. Assuming theres not some drastic swing in interest it looks like this will be starting shortly after TWL (Which I didn't even vote for btw). It seems like a few different people are interested in running this league so luckily I don't have to.

Comment

just make sure to make dependable people like violence cap so they show up to half the bd games and jav themselves in each one. and make sure you MAKE teams play with a special ship even though this league is supposed to bring in new players and teach them twd leagues and specials in games with newbies helps so much and paradise is a faggot /whine
                          Last edited by Vatican Assassin; 07-20-2011, 02:38 PM.

Comment

stop being a narcissist ok already vati its getting old
                            JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
                            the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

Comment

I don't get why you wouldn't start this. Does vatican assassin realize that a school year is 9+ months long? TWDT falling during a school month isn't a shocker, was it not like this last season? You honestly expect us to wait for the school year to end to start this?

Push TWDT to negotiable times during the weekday/and sunday, and bam, none of this will matter.
                                4:BigKing> xD
                                4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                                4:BigKing> what did i do???
                                4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                                4:BigKing> ???? why though
                                4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
                                4:BigKing> xD

Comment

Working...
                                X