Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just let me captain every squad. Candy king was about as perfectly well rounded at it gets last season! (5-2 in every league then knocked out of playoffs cuz nobody could show up)

Comment

Originally posted by Vatican Assassin View Post
      don't make draft and violence caps unless you want caps that show up to half the games to jav themselves
      ?

are you stupid or just euro, jav'd myself 2 times tops wtf
      (Steadman)>they went out drinking... ogron siaxis and siaxis gf
      (Steadman)>apparently ogron is EXTREMELY morbidly obese and ridiculously sweaty
      (Steadman)>and he spend the entire night being awkward and staring at siaxis gf
      (Steadman)>and after that they did not meet up again...

Iron Survivor> you missed something in your sig. he also smells like cheese

Comment

wait why am i defending myself, i dont even want capt. my bad vatican, youre not euro at all
        (Steadman)>they went out drinking... ogron siaxis and siaxis gf
        (Steadman)>apparently ogron is EXTREMELY morbidly obese and ridiculously sweaty
        (Steadman)>and he spend the entire night being awkward and staring at siaxis gf
        (Steadman)>and after that they did not meet up again...

Iron Survivor> you missed something in your sig. he also smells like cheese

Comment

Originally posted by MoD <ER> View Post
          A couple things to post here:

TWDT will be played on Sunday as well weekdays again. The agreement so far has been that the accelerated season maintains interest better and offers more play time with less waiting to teams and players.

Cig and Rasq: Thank you both for your input. We have been looking at the viability of implementing more of an EG style draft however our biggest concern at the moment happens with our focus on TWDT being a league that stresses talent in all 3 divisions and well rounded teams while EG's is flagging only.
          Ya this was my thought as well, which is what gave me the idea of making this split into basing/dueling.
          _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

use an EG style of gameplay and just spread it out over each league.

just like how we do it now, each player will get 3 ratings that correspond to wb jav and base

now, you can draft whoever you like, that doesnt matter. i would still suggest getting a good mix of people. what you have to set is the # of rounds per cap.

after that split the stats of all drafted players into the seperate leagues. add up everything for wbs among all that was drafted. find the average rating of the league. now set a cap limit of what can be added for a 5 man team. say the average is 6.2 it could be 6.2*5 which is 31. there for everyone added to your freq for that game has to have their ratings add up to a total of 31 or below. you will have to have a mix of good and unknown wbs.

do the exact same thing for jav and base. base you will obviously multiply the average by 8 instead of 5.

id say you can also set up a point limit per team per league. this seems the most difficult to control right now. i guess if you really load up in one league your free agency options for that league will be very limited.

speaking of free agency, do it like eg as well. drop players from teams for good reasons would be good. i think EG drops them if you cant ?find them for more than 10 days of if they request to be removed fromt he league. usually i dont think you can drop without a decent reason. removing a player so you can get cap space for free agency wouldnt be a decent reason. draft better.

now on to free agency. in EG free agents appear as people are dropped from teams. free agents become available in which order they have signed up for the league. something to figure out would be if undrafted people auto go to free agency first. that is an idea. otherwise, after draft make anyone who wants to be a free agent sign up in a thread. the order of that thread will be the order you are allowed to be bid on by the caps of the teams. if your number hasnt come up you cant be bid on yet.

bidding on free agents should be with 3 number ratings wb/jav/base. i would suggest a minimum number based on how new/old you are.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

this is taking as much from the EG draft league as possible and conforming it to 3 simultaneous leagues

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

classic twdtd/j with new experimental twdtb EG style

speaking as someone who is having alot of fun with EGDL right now, i even played a match (we won!) which is more than i can say about my spot on my TWDTB team last season. my 1vp makes me valuable and because of this i am always playing pickup matches and practicing, even if i haven't played i think people would agree it's definitely helped me improve in TW as well.
                NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

7:Ricko> well, I reckon they should do a 3 way contest (like the tri-nations in rugby) for basing/dueling
                  7:Ricko> europe vs canada vs usa
                  7:Ricko> basing, dueling, javving
                  7:Ricko> or 4 teams, europe, canada, usa, rotw
                  7:Ricko> each team plays the other countries once (maybe twice) and it all goes into a small table for each league, top 2 teams from each table goes into the 'world final'
                  7:Ricko> could do it all in 1 month if we took the simplest format, 3 weeks of playing each team, 4th week the finals

edit: wrong thread fuck
                  NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Scandinavia could put together a prty solid team if people showed up
                    Erathia> IF YOU SPIDERS CONTINUE CAMPING I WILL BAN YOU AND CALL IT RACISM

SeRtIfi> What's the point of going out with friends everyday just to hang out when I meet them in school and sometimes on weekends anyways, if I can play in SubSpace with them?

Comment

Working...
                    X