Closing comments on TWDT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Closing comments on TWDT

Hey guys, great season! Congratulations to all the winners! Terrorist won TWDT-J and TWDT-B making them the overall winners of TWDT 2012. Congrats to Power for winning TWDT-D.

Terrorist Roster

Cap: Dreamwin
    Assts: Zizzo & Flared
    Players: Shayde, Evildeed, Slum, Renzi, NL>Trigger, Shadezer, Stylez, Riverside, Euforia,
    DSB, End <ER>, Major Crisis, Steep, Adj., KATC <ER>, BOBFLOB, num1killa, collossus, Kute,
    Golden Sun 1, Kosmonaut, Supreme Authority, Godzero, Coldturkey, Sakke, Rucci, Harder,
    Delta, Torcher

Power Roster
    Cap: Zidane
    Assts: Ease & Hulk
    Players: Trasher, Rednaz, Turban, Murder, Casket, Raazi, Poxy, Guero, Epok, Pressure,
    SquallFF8, Zagis, Diakka, Avatar, Wicket666, Lag Killer, Cust, Dabigbomb, Airfinland, Wagon,
    Mean Gene, Penacyber809, Lasenza, Mossad, Erach, Luke Likesheet

I just wanted to take some time to give credit where credit is due for TWDT. I couldn't have done this without some key people.

24: Big shout out. Thank you for letting us use your bots the entire season. Also, thank you for helping fix the TWDT site early in the season. Maybe one day we'll figure out how to fix it for good. Big ups for the advertisement too.

M_M God: Thanks for helping fix the site too. You were a huge help to me early season.

Fis: Thank you for helping in early season to help with rankings. This was a lot of work to do in the small time frame we gave ourselves. I really appreciate your help.

Dral <ER>
    : Thank you helping to fix the spreadsheet. You did a great job organizing win/losses for everyone. Also, thank you for capping a squad when we were running short. I owe you a lot!

Wingzero
    : Thank you for helping fix the site. This is more of a shout out because you've been doing A SHIT TON of dev lately for TW. Everyone needs to thank this guy!

Left_Eye: YO MAD SHOUT OUT TO THE BEST HOST IN THE GAME. You were always there waiting for DT to end so you could host your ECT events. Big props.

Pinkstar/Humid: Thank you for guidance about rules from previous seasons.

Paradise/Children/Vys/Havok: Thanks for helping commentate during playoffs. I think a lot of people enjoyed the commentary...even though some times wildly off topic.

Hack, Cig Smoke, Palm <ER>, Krynetix, Hydride, Vaped, Willby, and any other host: Thank you everyone. Finding hosts this year sucked, but you guys came through most weeks. I really appreciate all the help

Now, you can use the rest of this thread to bitch at Dreamwin for SMASHING DT-B finals, or you can yell at me. I'll give you some talking points about things that went horribly wrong this season, and hopefully will never happen again. I'll give some explanation to what was actually going on. I still think this season was pretty successful after we stopped using the DT site. This list is mainly for me or whoever runs the next TWDT so all of these problems can be addressed, but it doesn't hurt to have some discussion about it.

• TWDT Website: This site caused 95% of all problems we experienced during DT this season. It broke nearly every week for random unknown reasons. The bidding CONSTANTLY broke without any warning...mainly because captains didn't put their votes in until Friday night. Whenever next season occurs, I refuse to use this website ever again for anything more than listing who is on which team and the schedule. Bidding will never be done on this site ever again. The success of the google docs spreadsheet pretty much gave a reason to not touch this site any time soon.
    • TWDT Bots: I'm not sure if we can ever make these functional again without a complete overhaul of the TWDT site, but these will definitely be fixed by next season. By the time we decided they could be operational, it was way too late in the season to start using them. 24's bots were extremely stable...unless his father-in-law stepped on the power cable, or they were expected to have the correct time for basing games.
    • Hosts: It was typically hard to find hosts, and some times I was hosting 2-3 games at a time. This was due to a major staff overhaul, but staff numbers have more than stabilized since then. Luckily no major issues arose from this.
    • Turn around for updates: This was due to a complete lack of staff at some times. I was doing 90% of all the work at certain times for DT, and there simply wasn't anyone else to help me. I'm glad that Dral stepped up to help when he did, and M_M God/24 were a big help with the site. I was swamped to say the least. I've probably put in 90+ hours doing administrative functions for this league if you count all the hosting/updates/spreadsheets/coordination/etc. It wasn't that hard, but it was definitely time consuming. Next season, hopefully, I can find a couple of good people to help out to speed up everything.
    • Rankings: Due to no previous active TWDT ops being available, our rankings were definitely not as good as some years. I did not even find out how the rankings were done last year until the week of rankings were due. There was simply not enough time to revert to the old system. I think that the new rules surrounding the encouragement to play new players was successful, but some other rules still need some adjustment such as the weekly star cap. Thank you to the people who did do rankings. I had to beg some people just to do them, and I didn't recieve some of them until the last possible second. There was a possibility that TWL would have started immediately after TWDT, and we were rushed on getting the actual draft completed.
    • Captains: Well, a lot of people bitched about the captains, but I chose the best of who asked and begged some people to cap. People don't realize that this whole game is based on volunteering. If you don't volunteer, nothing gets done. So hopefully next year people will volunteer if they want the league more competitive.
    • Rule Changes: This sucked to say the least, but the rule system was horribly outdated. Due to certain captains constantly trying to find loop holes, I was constantly rewriting the rules to fix this. Also, it didn't help that caps didn't think it was important to check their messagebot messages.....Anways, I think the updated rules were successful, and I'm glad that I could fix everything before the season started.

Ok, well feel free to post on this thread about TWDT: Shout outs, thanks, comments, concerns, shit talk, etc.

Last but not last, thank you for all the captains and players that made this season possible. The caps for this season were: Dreamwin, Zidane, Infrared, Adam QQshot, Dral <ER>, TJ Hazuki, Skatarius, and Reckful.

Head TWDT Operator: Aura
    Assistant Head TWDT Operator: Fis, Pinkstar, Dral <ER>
    Assisting TWDT Operators: The Paul, A I, Best, Reckful, Mobey, 24, Stark, Vaped
    Advising TWDT Operators: M_M God & Demonic
    Website Head: SpookedOne
    Draft Day: July 29, 2012
    Pre-Season practice/tests: August 5, 2012
    Season Start: August 12, 2012
    Last edited by Aura; 10-14-2012, 08:31 PM.
    Just like middle school, drawing pnus is frowned upon. ?go pictionary -SpookedOne

(duckrager)> You are a worthless scammer i hope you fall on your head and have a seizure

Tower> anyone here planning an 'Aura from trench wars bullied me' suicide?

Mad shoutouts to everyone who made this DT possible, esp Aura and Dral, and to my awesome, yet sometimes weird squad of Prayer and thy captain TJ Hazukski. Was a wonderful journey which I would like to embark on soon again. Keep it real!
    "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
    Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
    Dral>I can get implants

Comment

TWDT always sounded good on paper but seems to me to fail in practice. I guess this is because I cannot figure out what the point of it is. There used to be some that said that its purpose was to bring new players into league play, but looking at who gets played in these games obviously this is not the case. I have also heard it said that increases TW population, but I honestly don’t see that happening either.

In fact, TWDT is actually making it much more difficult for most squads to try to organize and be competitive for TWL. In many ways it really helps the handful of squads hold on to their monopoly over all other squads since it cuts into the valuable weekend playing time.
      I also think it negatively impacts TWD, again stealing the prime weekend schedule times, Same for ?go base and other events. I am left scratching my head as to how dividing up the same shrinking TW population into smaller pieces assists TW in any way.

TW is like an old rock star. It still has some life in it but it is far past the time that doing coke all night and fucking 6 groupies in every city on the tour is feasible. Perhaps it is time that TW start consolidating the number of leagues and concentrate on doing just a few things really well, as opposed to trying to add or maintain many things half-assed.
      eph

PS - No offense meant towards those who worked towards making this TWDT happen. I am just asking questions that I think need to be asked.

Comment

In my opinion, TWDT was great. Many games, also TWD was more active cuz ppl were training a lot more, ?go base is currently at its peak, I literally play 5-10 games per day (which I never did be4) plus I met some nice ppl in TWDT which I didn't know be4 or was hated for.

Tl,dr; made up with Aura and 24. TWDT: success.
        "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
        Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
        Dral>I can get implants

Comment

NP dreamwin
          (Children)>hunted for life
          (zhou)>ofc u hear things cus ur still a virgin
          :zhou:i dont wanna go deaf bro

Comment

Agree with Eph - quite annoying trying to get a TWD game arranged during TWDT. Would rather have prime time TWD than TWDT.

Comment

was a fun season despite some early issues, gj to everyone involved

Comment

I agree with Eph

Having said that, it was a fun league. Thanks to everyone that made it happen. Shout out to Aura who put mad time into organizing this league. Props

Comment

an idea, dont stop TWD (or go so far as to not prevent staff from hosting) during the regular season matches (generally alot of people watch cause its one of the only things left to do while its running). Put more emphasis on the playoffs by making THAT the center of attention during TWDT season. The average player doesnt really care about those week2 games, and are only mad that they prevent them from getting normal TWD games
                  Former TW Staff

Comment

Despite an awful showing on Sunday from us, although a fun game, it was a good season. We made semifinals, and that is an accomplishment itself. Congrats to the winner, and staff.
                    TWLD Champion 2014
                    TWDTB Champion 2013
                    TWDTB Champion 2016
                    TWDTB Champion 2017
                    TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
                    -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Comment

Mad shoutouts going out to Aura for running this league
                      + dreamwin for laying down the law in TWDTB in jav. Bombs taking out the entire team..basically homing missiles. Sharks on other team were clueless

Hoping to participate in next years TWDT.

Congrats to Terrorist for winning TWDTJ

_Reckless cucumber
                      SSCU Trench Wars TRIPLE CROWN WINNER
                      SSCU Trench Wars
                      Triple Threat
                      SSCU Trench Wars TWEL Top 3 Finalist
                      SSCU Trench Wars Starting Spider Melee 2003
                      SSCU Trench Wars TWLJ Champion (2x)
                      SSCU Trench Wars TWLD Champion
                      SSCU Trench Wars Michael Schumacher of Racing2
                      SSCU Trench Wars Unprecedented Balancing KING
                      SSCU Trench Wars TWLJ Top Stats 3 years running

MAD shoutouts to MUH BOYS atm

Comment

The point of TWDT, as I understood it, was never really to be a period of 3 hours of whatever where the activity in the zone peaked. It was supposed to be a league where some of the older veterans, the better players in the game, were almost forced to play with and interact with the newer, shittier players. I'm not trying to say I ever became a good baser or whatever, but playing TWDT with guys like ph and stabwound helped me get better, and get to know them, and got me to want to keep basing and get better. TWD is designed where the good players play together, the new players play together, and all that really changes is squad names. TWDT was supposed to be a small step to bridging that gap. It has obviously failed on the large scale, but I like to think it made a difference for a few people out there. This is always how I approached it, anyway.

Anyway, big shoutout to Aura. Good shit my friend. I know this season sucked, but it sounds like you made it entirely decent, which I honestly thought would be impossible given how it started. Good work buddy, and sorry once again for bailing on you and being entirely worthless.

Eat a dick Zidane.
                        JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
                        the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

Originally posted by the_paul View Post

Eat a dick Zidane.
                          RT!! kid drafts me and benches me all games.
                          SSCU Trench Wars
                          Triple Threat

Comment

Originally posted by Children View Post
                            RT!! kid drafts me and benches me all games.
                            He did that to me too!
                            "People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer."

"Cherry blossoms in the Spring, and starry skies in the Summer. The Autumn brings the full moon. The Winter brings the snow. These things make Sake taste good. If you don't like Sake, then there is something wrong with you." Seijuro Hiko

Comment

Originally posted by RednaZ View Post
                              He did that to me too!
                              LOL are you serious? I thought I was the only one affected from this idiot. "We are stacked without you, triple crowning don't care if you don't show" Look on the bright side, he catered to his friends (turban ease) <-- he doesn't want to lose their friendship it means a lot to him. And still manages to lose in 2 leagues.

Mad shoutouts to megaman89 for 19-9 round 3.

Now I sit here with a huge smirk on my face :nice:

_Reckless Cucumber
                              SSCU Trench Wars
                              Triple Threat