• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i demand to have a package

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

y no res cap
      1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

No res cap? That's awesome. DW TRAIN is now top contindir in all 3 leagues. I have huge screen with big reso available for SS.

APPENDIX: This picture is me celebrating LJ/LB titles of this year.
        Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
        Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
        Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
        Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
        Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
        Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
        Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

What I wrote here has changed and is no longer relevant. The gist is that 5-star and 6-star packages that are benched become temporary Free Agents, and I will send them to teams short on players and at risk for forfeiting. You get them back at the end of the game and can play them on your team again for the next round (ie, you bench a 5-star jav at 3pm EST in TWTD-D, he's yours again to add at 4pm EST in TWDT-J... he was just a temporary loan for the warbird match.)

Captains are obligated to post all names of benched 5-star and 6-star players in the captains chat so they can get playtime in other teams that need the numbers (you can't use players from a team playing against you, obviously.)

You can only keep benched package players (max 2) if you have no other 5-star or 6-star subs for that respective league -- I'm not going to force captains to give away players they need as subs. You can if you feel you won't need them, but are not obligated. If you have a 7-5-5 you can use as a sub, you have to announce the 5-5-5 as available. Don't be a dick.

Ops will coordinate sending unused players to teams in need. This prevents forfeits and increases playtime for package players. More info available on this in a post I made in the TWDT 2014 Draft preview:

http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthr...l=1#post866916

Big thanks to qan for adding a special !forceadd command to the bots with some code!
            Last edited by ogron; 06-20-2014, 02:53 AM.
            top 100 basers list

Comment

If you let me know all the commands that will be needed for that, I could add people on rosters and be a "backup" to the DT ops. I'm often home enough on weekends, so should be available if others aren't.
              K A N E showed me a few things last year, so don't see a reason to not get some more knowledge on things this year.
              Former TW Staff

Comment

what did he show u shoiiw me on the doll what he showed u

dont have to be alone we wilkl get thru this //
                NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Just a few questions to ask:

The proposed '4 minute rule' - Would the player not already be aliased checked when they are assigned a rating? (Before they are added to free agency)
                  ^if they are not already, it might be better to do it this way as 4min is not a lot of time and leaves it very last minute at a time which is stressful to both players and staff.

Secondly, how soon can we expect to know the rating of players?
                  killing newbs since 2002

Comment

they are currently working on the ratings and packages. i would assume that the preliminary draft ratings will be posted within two days, but that'll be up to the people doing the ratings & claushouse.

players that have signed up for TWDT will be alias checked, of course, just like they have been in the past seasons. this time we simply have to do alias checking in the free agency as well, but that shouldn't be an issue and i fully expect things to run smoothly.

oh, and we have also updated the TWDT maps with new layouts. TWDT-D matches will now be fought in a rectangle-shaped area (instead of the old circle one) and new asteroid positions. TWDT-J map got reverted to default TWLJ map with one small change and TWDT-B had one change in the cram. hopefully those changes will be good.

Comment

If you have a 2-league star who is a 10-10-5, he is not eligible to be played as a 5-star in said league. This prevents 1 and 2-league all-stars from taking up spots from TWDers and newbies in their weaker league(s).
                      Please note: This is no longer true. You can now play an 8-6-6 as a 6-star. We have about 45 5-stars and 45 6-stars and this is likely too low and there has been a chorus of negative feedback from captains and players. We're removing this rule and adding this in its place:

1) You still require a 5-star and 6-star in every match, but now require a 5-star and TWO 6-stars in basing matches.
                      2) I went through all 200+ ratings last night with 7 people and re-rated all veterans to make sure none of their off-league ratings are too low, bumping them up to 6s or 7.
                      3) We lowered any players we felt wouldn't start at 7-stars to 6-stars across the board.
                      4) All 5-star and 6-star players who are not played in a game become temporary free agents and will be allowed to play on other teams that require them. I will have a captain's chat where the 4-5 league ops are kept abreast of any team requiring players and those with too many.

I'm sorry if this feels like a betrayal to any active 5 or 6 star players, I really didn't want to do this but there was too much pushback. I think this idealistically a step-backward, but realistically will be a more successful and pragmatic approach to avoiding forfeits.

The packages will remain in place for drafting purposes.

UPDATE: Qan has been hard at work writing new code for the bots to allow Captains to add players not in their roster through a special command, and it should be up-and-running, allowing unused 5-star and 6-star players to get in on the action on other teams that are missing players, thus avoiding forfeits and giving them more playtime.

EDIT: I'm debating whether or not to allow 5/6-star players who play for another team and like it there to have the ability to permanently switch to their side. I'll discuss it with others and welcome feedback on the issue, thanks!
                      Last edited by ogron; 06-18-2014, 02:43 PM.
                      top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
                        UPDATE: Qan has been hard at work writing new code for the bots to allow Captains to add players not in their roster through a special command, and it should be up-and-running, allowing unused 5-star and 6-star players to get in on the action on other teams that are missing players, thus avoiding forfeits and giving them more playtime.
                        not trying to be a pessimist but this will probably wind up being the shining feature of this twdt :P should have been in earlier dt's as well.

internet de la jerome

Comment

is twdt going to take place on saturday/sundays? i am assuming yes because there hasnt been any mention of having to figure out a weekday schedule or anything like that

internet de la jerome

Comment

Only on sundays
                            3:Tsunami> under all you really have to do is fine tune that fiddle and stroke the strings harder than you ever have before

RaCka> i could've brought my subspace butthole catalogue

Comment

Originally posted by Undercut View Post
                              Only on sundays
                              thank fucking god. that weekday/wednesday thing was a trainwreck, but more importantly i'm on that monday-friday grind so it wouldnt work.

twd only has 4 basing squads on the top5 list, which is kind of sad, and im ready to see a god damned basing game

internet de la jerome

Comment

just wondering cause either i couldnt find it or its not there:

as long as you are following the 5 and 6 star rules, you could potentially play 10* players for each other position in the lineup, correct? there are no lineup regulations beyond the 5 and 6 stipulations?
                                Last edited by ogron; 06-25-2014, 11:45 AM. Reason: Hit "edit" instead of "quote" sorry!

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Working...
                                X