Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
    just wondering cause either i couldnt find it or its not there:

as long as you are following the 5 and 6 star rules, you could potentially play 10* players for each other position in the lineup, correct? there are no lineup regulations beyond the 5 and 6 stipulations?
    Yes. You could, in theory, play 10/10/10/6/5 in jav/wb, and 10/10/10/10/10/6/6/5 in base.

You could definitely make a case that, while improving playtime for 6s and 5s this year, 7s are in a worse position than in previous years. It's really hard finding the right balance with this stuff.

There are 60-70 people in the league at the 6-star package level, and 32 open slots at the 6 every week (some of which will be filled by 7-8-9 star players playing in their weaker leagues). So, on my team for instance, Haze or Pterodactyl is going to fill that slot. It kind of fucks over Cres and Fram who are 7-star wbs and would have filled that slot. Then again, Zid might have gone out and gotten another 8-star wb.

I've played in an overall star cap system in TWDT in 2011 -- it was severely abused. I think I was ranked as a 2-star and played every game in every league, and they just threw in 4 vets and stayed under the cap.

That said, next year a star cap that is per league with good ratings might be a good way to go. I think the last two years have just been mandatory 5-star in every game?

It's hard to judge what's correct because there are so many no shows in TWDT on Sundays and TW population is struggling. I probably ?message'd and personally pm'd over 400 people just to get the exact same numbers as last year in the draft (230-240 people.)
    top 100 basers list

Comment

What are the benefits of having game times at 3/4/5 est?

For euros that's late, and for Americans you are starting games 4-6 hours after some people wake up.. With this schedule the entire Sunday is wasted. What's wrong with 1/2/3 or 2/3/4 ?

Comment

Originally posted by Pressure View Post
        What are the benefits of having game times at 3/4/5 est?

For euros that's late, and for Americans you are starting games 4-6 hours after some people wake up.. With this schedule the entire Sunday is wasted. What's wrong with 1/2/3 or 2/3/4 ?
        I asked in forums over a month ago whether people wanted 2-3-4 or 3-4-5 and the majority preferred the latter.
        top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
          Yes. You could, in theory, play 10/10/10/6/5 in jav/wb, and 10/10/10/10/10/6/6/5 in base.

There are 60-70 people in the league at the 6-star package level, and 32 open slots at the 6 every week (some of which will be filled by 7-8-9 star players playing in their weaker leagues). So, on my team for instance, Haze or Pterodactyl is going to fill that slot.

I've played in an overall star cap system in TWDT in 2011 -- it was severely abused. I think I was ranked as a 2-star and played every game in every league, and they just threw in 4 vets and stayed under the cap.
          FWIW, it appears that it's a worse situation for 5* people - since you only have to play one as opposed to two, and yet the number of five stars appears (on the surface) to be around the number of 6* registered. If part of the purpose of this is to get new people involved some, you may need to tweak that some. I'd be curious about how many 5*/6* have been available to play each week, if those stats are available.

I agree totally with your point on the overall cap - you're just asking for min/maxing when you have something like that going on.
          Last edited by anti-lev propaganda; 07-06-2014, 10:40 PM. Reason: added overall cap point

Comment

It's hard to judge what's correct because there are so many no shows in TWDT on Sundays and TW population is struggling. I probably ?message'd and personally pm'd over 400 people just to get the exact same numbers as last year in the draft (230-240 people.)
            Just curious, do we have turnout stats so far, given the people that were drafted? This needs to be out there, IMO. (I'm guessing from our previous discussions that turnout, at least of the lower packages, hasn't been as bad as people thought?) If among those 230-240, most of them have been showing up, including the packages, then maybe you should have more teams involved?

Comment

I'm not sure we could feasibly add more teams, whilst all teams have been able to field the correct amount of players and to regulations, a few will have been short on subs particularly in base. Also the other issue is hosts, I have had to pass up an opportunity to play TWDTB for the last 2 times just so there could be a host for one of the matches.
              killing newbs since 2002

Comment

Good point. The big question to me is as one of the goals is to get a number of lower star people playtime, has that actually transpired? (or is it the same one, maybe two people at most on a 5*/6* getting to play?)

Comment

Originally posted by anti-lev propaganda View Post
                  Good point. The big question to me is as one of the goals is to get a number of lower star people playtime, has that actually transpired? (or is it the same one, maybe two people at most on a 5*/6* getting to play?)
                  The main problem that I have, speaking as a captain here, is that many of the 5* players that signed up for the draft haven't been showing up to games. I've only had 2 of the 5* players i picked in the draft show up to the games so far. As for the 6* players many of them do show up and get play time, at least in my team.
                  3:Tsunami> under all you really have to do is fine tune that fiddle and stroke the strings harder than you ever have before

RaCka> i could've brought my subspace butthole catalogue

Comment

And I agree this is a problem. I'm in a tough spot myself, since I've only been able to attend the base sessions for the last two weeks. I'm doing a contract which requires me to travel during the week, so most of my weekend is spent trying to catch up on normal stuff. (I tried to be there for the jav set, but only got in around 4:15 EDT.) The base team I'm on is pretty loaded, so I'll not be first choice on that one, but perhaps once they guarantee a playoff spot I'll get in. And I'm making an attempt to get stuff done so to attend the other dates/sessions, but some times you just need to crash for a bit - at the time I signed up, I didn't think I'd have to travel all the week. (Hey, they pay good though)

I guess in doing all this, those of us not used to the whole league/etc thing don't know/see how many don't show up, or just get an idea of what's going on - how many are indeed showing up and all that. This is as close as I'll probably get to league-esque play, so...

Comment

(you can't use players from a team playing against you, obviously.)
                      you say "obviously" but this scenario was literally the first game of our season where thewadorooster played against us..
                      NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Working...
                      X